Love of growing and firearms

Ya I know it’s not that hard to get licensed in Canada but I’m still too lazy. The only reason (besides fun) I’d want a firearm would be for home defense which is pretty much totally illegal in Canada…just wait for the cops to come find your corpse lol. I don’t live in a big hunting area or I’d probably get into that too.

Also I’m paranoid and think one day everyone on that gun list will get a knock on the door from the local constabulary when our benevolent leaders decide to take them away…for our own safety of course

3 Likes

Non restricted firearms are not on government lists. They have no way of knowing especially if u buy private. Plus u can always lose them in a tragic boating accident before turdeau sends his boys. Which wont happen imo anyway

I would rather do a 5 year bid than let anyone enter my house without my permission

4 Likes

That’s interesting I didn’t know that. And ya the old boating accident can be unavoidable lol

My gramps had a really old gun over his mantle years ago. Like a pack the black powder in and use a ball old gun. The cops were at his house for something once and they took it and made him ‘disable’ it by removing the firing mechanism before he could get it back. Good times!

3 Likes

@beacher, you are playing right into the government’s hands by not bothering to jump through hoops…

If you could?!?

You can and you should before the government makes it so you can’t. Little by little they are eroding our rights in Canada, by not jumping through their hoops you are sending them a clear message that you are okay with that.

Please reconsider and get yourself either the Walther ppk or the desert eagle.

As per your home defense statement, it is better to judged by 12 of your peers than to be carried by 6.

7 Likes

Good points. I hope to live in a more rural area in the near future and will definitely want some firearms for hunting etc at that point.

I don’t think you could get a desert eagle in Canada regardless of what you did sadly.

2 Likes

You can get one one but it will be registered. As its restricted. Shitty part of a restricted license is that cops can search u anytime. Can come to your house to check if you’re following rules. Start with a 18 inch maverick 88 shotgun. Like 250 on sale at cabelas and I think 300 regular price.

6 Likes

Yes you can, that is unless you decide to wait to long…

Not a firearm I would personally choose to own, way better choices available…

https://www.google.com/search?q=can+you+own+a+desert+eagle+in+canada&oq=ca&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i60l3j69i57j69i65.2108j0j4&client=ms-android-google&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

3 Likes

From a European perspective this thread is pretty strange. No offense. :couch::popcorn:

6 Likes

From a Massachusetts perspective it’s risky. If I’m not mistaken it’s already precedent that Cannabis is incompatible with gun ownership.

7 Likes

Does that mean they’d take your guns or your weed? Or both?

3 Likes

I believe they treat legal gun ownership as possession of a firearm in the commission of a felony. I’ll see if I cant get an article for ya.

4 Likes

@allotment https://amp.wbur.org/news/2018/07/16/massachusetts-marijuana-guns
https://www.mass.gov/info-details/mass-general-laws-c269-ss-10h
ahh, i made a mistake. The issue is your considered under the influence due to having the cannabis

4 Likes

I see, thanks for the links.

3 Likes

11 Likes

For you Americans, don’t forget the most important part of your second amendment right, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

3 Likes

If you make it stateside in the future, consider taking same time and hook up with someone who’ll take you out to a range or into the backcountry for some target shooting. Or, perhaps, find an “Appleseed” event and leave being rated a marksman.

It’s like fishing but a bit more exciting. Add some tannerite to the trip and it’ll be a blast.

There are plenty of US citizens that don’t get it until they try it and get involved, either. Add the history, some basic understanding, and it will make more sense.

8 Likes

That looks pretty damn fun…PULL!

3 Likes

That isn’t always the case. The new contract for the new Modular Personal Weapon (I think it was called), meaning pistol, was given to Sig (a civilian version is numbered 300 something). There actual proposal was, I believe, the second highest per unit cost. The got the contract because they were one of only TWO manufacturers, out of about 10 that bothered to even follow the specification and passed all of the trial levels. The other one had a 40 percent failure rate after only 100 rounds. Through out the ENTIRE process, Sig had a 0.2% failure rate, IIRC.

4 Likes

Just wish people were passionate about our other rights getting much more egregiously trampled on.

Me and the lady have a couple Walther 9mm. Not into hunting, but enjoy pinging some targets every now and then. I’d like to get into some longer range iron sights shooting with a 308, but seem to be lacking the time. :cry:

7 Likes

My favorite 1911, though the one with the most sentimental value is the one gramps stole from the Army after WWII.

Another fun 45

A couple of 9’s

And some newer long guns

Started shooting/archery/hunting pretty young. Learned to shoot at Edson Range.

Here’s my 1911 stealin gramps circa 1944. Normandy through France. Wounded in action 3 times, 4 months as a POW.

13 Likes