Low PH Soil issues.. Now Autoflower revegging under light increase?

I just finished a grow in 3 gal fabric grow bags after 4 weeks veg and had tons of space. I ordered 2 gal bags for my next grow but sadly they are not 2gal but rather 1.5 gal. I’m going to use them anyway and see how it goes.

1 Like

Just a quick photo update on the NL plant, its safe to say it did somehow go from a NL auto to NL photoperiod. Them shoots are growing all over now

hopefully it’ll stop in the next week or 2 in the 12/12 tent… and still on plain PH’d water.

2 Likes

Hey all,

Hope someone can spare me a moment again,

Since this NL is vegging again could i pot up? Shes in a 18 litre plastic pot but since shes growing into a tree now its not far off being root bound if i have to keep her going much longer than planned and im starting see (and feel) a root ball pushing through the top layer and hundreds roots coming out the sides when i squeeze the pot .

Could I pot her up to a 30-40 litre to be safe or is my thinking likely to stress her to hermie again?

And shes already spread about 1.2 meters horizontal and with the new shoots shes about 1.7m tall… My led cant go any higher its about 15cm away right now from the tallest shoots…

Whats best to do here?

(Hopefully one of you experienced legends can spare a thought on my un-google-able questions)

Thanks guys

1 Like

I was having a lot more problems, back before I switched to the fabric pots. My sweet wife made (and continues to make) pots out of thick landscape fabric that was found at the local big box store. Works great! She puts rivet rings in them for wire holds, everything, incredible!

Regards,
IMGP0971|690x458

She makes them all types of sizes, I’ve tried most, I mainly use the 2 largest sizes.

4 Likes

Nice idea. That’s the second time I have seen it done, and the last time i forget to buy some landscape fabric. How long do they last? What kind of thread holds up to those conditions?

I took on your idea,but bought a premade 10 gal fabric bag. She was rootbound already… just popped out of the 4 gal plastic pot without a fight no damage to roots though…

Now she seems to be very happy sat in a 10 gallon fabric bag for the last 3 days. Noticeable pistil growth today and she’s back in full flower. Hopefully this is gunna turn into something special :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

My northern lights started 25th april and she’s defo back in flower now but will the new growth need 6 weeks to finish? That would make it like 20 weeks old at chop… Surely not? :joy:

My apologies for replying this late to your questions. I have no idea how long they will last, I have been using the same bags for 2(+) years now, and they are none the worse for wear (is the expression, they are hardly warn at all). She uses a Nylon thread, I believe.

regards,

2 Likes

No worries about the late reply. Sometimes I forget entirely, lol…
Ok…nylon thread. Glad to know they last awhile. Seems well worth the effort. Thanks for getting back to me!

This nylon upholstery thread is indestructible -

I use it to string up lines for my drying chamber. This stuff will slice into your hands before it breaks.

3 Likes

Thankyou! Upholstery nylon eh? I’ll put it on the list :grin:

2 Likes

yeah, that sure does look like a spool of the stuff! she said that it was the only thing that would hold up to the weather and the light conditions.

regards,

2 Likes

A few weeks on everything is growing strong under 12/12 in a 10 gal fabric pot and fitted air con to bring temps down to 71f… new buds developing strong, old buds shooting new flowers and seem to be holding off maturing any further before the rest catch up… Also started my first dwc last week. Haven’t had much interest in this post since solving my issue so if anyone interested in photo updates let me know… If not i’ll be doing a little diary for my first dwc.

1 Like

So what is the best solution to bring PH in siol up? Thanks :pray:

Dolomite lime or agricultural lime, if you find the finest one it will act faster … beer3|nullxnull

1 Like

Thanks @George will have a look in the store what they have :pray:

1 Like

The fastest I know of is solution grade gypsum.
I go for slower release materials that I mix into the soil early on (to stabilize).

Cheers
G

1 Like