Made In Canada By Smoke

Damn!!! Looks alright to me! Incredible!!!

1 Like

@Smoke wasnā€™t that m39 a popular strain in grows in canada? maybe iā€™m mistaken.

2 Likes

Thanks @Sasquatch Canā€™t wait to see in those seeds

3 Likes

Hi @anonymous4289 Yes it the real M39 at 40days of flowering

9 Likes

@Smoke have you ever considered F2ing the m39? sounds like you have a treasure there.

2 Likes

M39 is definitely a treasure and piece of history! I donā€™t know why so much people hate it. It goes back to the SSSC.

3 Likes

probably classified as ā€œBC Budā€. commercial; maybe it lacks potency?

3 Likes

From what I read and can guess. The problem is what is associated with the strain. It was mass produced outdoor herb that flooded the market after the season. It was easy to grow, produced and had great resistance. People most likely got tiered of it and it disappeared.

3 Likes

@anonymous4289 itā€™s a clone only strain so it impossible

4 Likes

Unreal thats fast

1 Like

I remember the ā€œmā€ lol. I thought about grabbing a pack at one point but decided against it. Havenā€™t seen it in years so I figured there was next to no chance finding it in mass produced seeds.

1 Like

Hi @ELG you right and the ppls not liking the M39

But now with the sourgrape the M39 have a great tast

2 Likes

I always thought that mature in 39 days was a myth. Thatā€™d explain why it was always so weak/tasteless if it was always harvested early. The old school sssc strains were just all labelled like that m1,m2,m3 etc. The friesland was m33.

I have a few packs of m39 hybrids ( male from original sssc pack 30 ish years old) but nothing pure. I never had any interest in finding the clone that goes around here because I never experienced any that I really liked and I feel like that had a lot to do with the fact it was harvested early/grown in warehouses with little care for quality. People around here automatically associate that strain with low quality.

It used to be everywhere when the avg smoker didnā€™t know any better and much more popular but I havenā€™t seen it in ages (black market ontario/quebec/bc) since people in small towns have access to better weed these days with all the internet websites selling tons of weed.

Itā€™s true that the m39 that goes around Quebec, Ontario and elsewhere is a clone only but it was originally from a pack of seeds, like you said itā€™s skunk 1 x basic 5 (nl5) aka m39 in the older catalogues from sssc. Itā€™s been 25-30 years since legit m39 seeds were avail for purchase.

I grew some tahoe og x m39 awhile ago and they mostly all seemed to be m39 dom, they reminded me of god bud in a way.

6 Likes

Ah! In frech we say ā€œTu ma volĆ© les mots de la boucheā€ Yes I believe this is true. You can find old pictures of SSSC catalog online showing the M33 and M39.

3 Likes

Hereā€™s a few screens of my tahoe x m39 (look nothing like tahoe so assume they are m39 dom.) Too many pics to manually dig for em haha. I might be crazy but do these look similar? I was told the m39 male was really dominant in most/ all the crosses that were made. I have some shiska x m39 Iā€™ve yet to pop also.

@Smoke not trying to hijack your thread Iā€™ve followed from the start I just donā€™t say much sometimes :cowboy_hat_face:

8 Likes

I have some M39xShish99 very fast outdoor faster of the cloneM39
I never cut the M39 by for the end of sept but she did outdoor

3 Likes

Sure wouldnā€™t mine running that strain sometime. See what improvements the m39 does to the Shiska.

1 Like

Hi @ShiskaberrySavior
maybe you will grow her one day I have her in seeds original
and now working on the males to do F1ā€™s
after a nice male I will find more girlsā€¦it not finish with her
fkg nice colorsā€¦indoor a great strain not to much smell in flower
very important and potent

2 Likes

There are some 45 day Shiska cultivators to be found at least in some of the stock Iā€™ve ran over the years . So that makes total sense seeing a shorter flowering time.

2 Likes

Thanks I did not know
and I did not know wat I did to her to by so fast
but I have one faster PeyotePxSBF

6 Likes