Made some Kief Tumblers

I was just too impatient to wait.

So I made another.

This one attaches to a Reciprocating Saw, and is nothing short of violent and fast. 150 micron screen.

18 Likes

Just curious, Is this why commercial weed never seems to have any trics on it? lol

What do you do with your Kief?

2 Likes

Dude I swear my guy be doing this shit or the people before him!

1 Like

what do you do with the flower afterwards? i assume it’s only good for blasting or something at that point. i guess edibles but i’d rather make them from distillate or rosin.

1 Like

Just a thought…

Try adding dry ice to the container in the 2nd method. Break up dry ice into bits around the size of an ice cube or smaller. Let this sit in the sifting container for about 15-20 minutes so the plant matter freezes, then shake. Actually, shake it by hand because you won’t need to put power to it and you will get your kief just as fast as when you used the saw motor. It works like magic!

When I tried this the 1st time, I was in disbelief. All that beautiful blonde hash from scrap leaves.

4 Likes

I have heard of freezing the material before shaking and I do believe. Never tried it.

I am more interested in cooking with it, however, if the buds were good quality, this can be cleaned into dry sift easily.

I try to avoid all chemicals in my processes, so, I abstain from extract even though when done right, it is nearly pure.

99%

2 Likes

Unless you press rosin, in which case purity is 100%…

1 Like

Yeah, but a couple of jars and a couple of saw blades was sure cheap!

1 Like

They try everything, don’t they!

1 Like

I have a buddy with a butane extractor. I give the busted up material to him. He also make edibles from it.

2 Likes

dry ice hash is one off my favorites… easy peasy… turns your trim into shizzle in mimutes.

5 Likes

You should give dry ice a try. Less effort for dry sifting, NO chemical residue. The kief comes out MUCH cleaner!

3 Likes

@Cobra50 “You should give dry ice a try. Less effort for dry sifting, NO chemical residue. The kief comes out MUCH cleaner!”

Never looked for dry ice.

Easy to get?

1 Like

Most grocery stores will have it. It’s usually in a cooler up by the front of the store.

2 Likes

Not seen that. Will have to look more carefully.

:dizzy_face:

I never knew this either until I needed some dry ice for an extraction experiment (caffeine lol) and found that most of the stores even in my low pop city carried dry ice. Unless you needed dry ice before, it’s easy to overlook.

1 Like

Freakin’ Google.

It’s all over the place in my home town too.

Gonna give it a go.

I have some Platinum Huckleberry x Girl Scout Cookies drying now.

Thanks Jelly!

Thanks Cobra!

2 Likes

I did an internet search for where to find it. I found a deli in a nearby city that carries it for about $2/lb. If you live near a city, It should be fairly easy to find. Probably Amazon has it as well, but I buy too many things for my grow from Amazon and prefer to buy in person with cash whenever I can. The U.S. gov’t can’t track how you spend cash like they can electronic purchases, which they have been doing since just after 9/11.

I had actually wondered myself while waiting for a 25 micron bubble bag to drain if it would be better to use dry ice in the water instead of water ice because dry ice is much colder. Once I had the idea, I did a YouTube for “dry ice cannabis” and found many videos on how to use dry ice. I was extremely happy to find the process didn’t require water.

Good luck!

1 Like

or better yet liquid nitrogen ! :smiley: i swear @Indra said he knocked all the trichomes off a few pounds in 5 seconds or something ridiculous

4 Likes

So you just put the herb and dry ice in a jar, screw a screen on top, and shake it out? That sounds simple enough that even I could do it.

although the riveted bucket and chicken rotisserie motor is impressive! :+1: You should sell that bad boy on Craigslist.

1 Like