MadScientist's 3rd Annual 16oz Cup Competition 🏁

I thought mine was doing OK until I just seen yours in the beer can, maybe if I zoom in mine will look bigger. That just gave me an idea.

Maybe this guy can make them look bigger.

Or this guy showing off his 5 pounder.

Keep smiling

19 Likes

Hahaha actually Pedro I think yours are bigger. My can is small top so looks bigger. Those red cups have wide mouth and a lego man. So they bigger

5 Likes

Never say never bro :grinning:

5 Likes

Ahhh, you guys are cracking me up… lmao… so true…

“Shit Happens”!

It reminds me of a March Madness basketball bracket I entered in a bar… I busted it pretty early in the championship, but I saw the bartender the afternoon of the final at the bar, scoring all of the brackets people had filled out… I asked him how I did and he dais I was still in about 8th place, but he didn’t recognize any of the names of the people in the lead… He told me I should stop by and watch the game because you had to be present to win… I went back and watched the whole game at the bar, all by myself, lol… i won $1000 for just being the only one who showed…bwhahahhaa

I feel better now… carry on.

9 Likes

Hahahha Hahahahhaha exactly.

1 Like

I never thought about doing the holes in the sides of the cups, does that help alot? I mean I can see how it would be good because of the airflow but just thought I’d ask

5 Likes

Just an attempt to keep the coco a bit more airated like a fabric pot would.
Edit. I dont think my coco needed to be agitated.

5 Likes

I think that it makes it a “Holy Hempy! Doesn’t it?

4 Likes

IMHO, yep. Coco/soil can get a bit soggy and anaerobic if there is no drainage, also there is nowhere for the nitrate salts to go so they build up.

5 Likes

Yeah, they are good for overwatering, too… for sure. Not as easy to overwater once they start growing but most people will have the cup in a tank I guess. I won’t be here for a week or so, so I have to get somebody to understand the concept before leave it with them.

3 Likes

Well I found my problem…tho I don’t know what exactly they are…after about a 4/5 seed failure it seems these little white worms…were the cause of the seeds just all of a sudden drop a either to their death…

that’s one of the doc holiday×c99 seeds that was attempted those little boogers were gnawing away…the shell wasn’t even off the head of this one I went to inspect it and the whole head was seperated from stem…:man_shrugging:t6:…so here’s what is left and has no signs of my little visitors…

10 Likes

Sounds like fungus gnat or root aphid larvae.

6 Likes

Sounds about right to me haha

1 Like

Set it and forget it! I haven’t touched these in a week, just checking in on them via the webcam. I’ll change the res tonight/tomorrow and trim any roots that may be hanging outside of the cup (with pictures).

15 Likes

How often and how high are you flooding @ReikoX?

6 Likes

Once a day, about 2/3 the height if the cup.

7 Likes

Is that a dedicated hydro flood tray or just a DIY utility sink?

When you say you flood to 2/3 the height of the cup, does it drain back out slowly, or are the plants drinking all of that?? I assume it slowly drains itself…?? I may not get mine done for this grow but I’d like to start tinkering with something similar so I could scale up to other projects someday.

7 Likes

When the pump stops the nutrients just drain back out.

6 Likes

Yep, what Pedro said.

It’s a DIY thing, scroll up I posted links earlier in this thread.

5 Likes

Would you be trimming the roots if it weren’t for the comp? I’m also doing e&f in a cabinet right now for the first time, and now the plants have lots of roots escaping. I’ve been assuming that it’s fine to just leave them be.

8 Likes