MadScientist's 3rd Annual 16oz Cup Competition šŸ

Good luck everyone and thanks to the Mad Mad @MadScientist for this cool annual event

8 Likes

You should take them with you and have the pastor bless your seeds! :joy:

7 Likes

Ok late but on time.
My entries 4
All my strain i think ill name (blueberry ogk)
since google says that aint taken yet.
It is cross of xbj16(beast male) and blotto ogk keeper female ive been cloning for 2years now.
Root riots to start em in a dome 11am. Cubes soaked in phed water first

5 Likes

Great idea. Iā€™ll throw a few in my jacket pocket and it shall be blessed.

5 Likes

Okay, I shouldnā€™t, but you only live once, so what are the rules? The short version please :blush:. Is it too late to enter?

5 Likes

OFC not my man!

Letā€™s do it!

Drop your seeds in water/soil/whatever right away, youā€™re onlyu a few hours behind, and last night i went to bed super early and forgot to do the splash, so i did it this morningā€¦ HAHAHA!

7 Likes

Aaaaaaand sheā€™s in.
One seed, one cup.

Coco + MC is the plan

May all your red cups bring a cornucopia of green goodness!

9 Likes

3 seeds of regular ā€œSour Dieselā€ I received as my payment for dry sifting a bag of older trim for a friend of a friend. The donor said her mom has been running this same strain from seed, in northern California, for over 30 years! Letā€™s see what we get!!

And weā€™re off. :rocket:

15 Likes

Can I get a name change to InsaneIgor plzzzz

2 Likes

No. And you should be stripped for trying to drive the Enterprise without a license!

2 Likes

I was really wanting to enter but my grow areas are fully occupied and both are running 12/12 at the minute. It would have been a giggle. I was slightly put off by the daily watering though to be honest as Iā€™ve just not got the time. Itā€™s one of the reasons I bought the autopot system and everything is ran via sonoff stuff. They just get left to it. I could likely give c02 a go as the flower tent is sealed up 6 days at a time :rofl:

6 Likes

Yeah I couldnā€™t get a license I drive when I feel like it whenever it suits me. Whoā€™s got the keys who knows somebody repoed the Enterprise . I donā€™t drive drunk though.

1 Like

Got dat sumnbich dialed in donā€™t you. Is that an automated deal like using a raspberry or something. Iā€™m good with tech. Just havenā€™t seen any in 10yrs lol. Iā€™m playing catchup. Warden wonā€™t let you grow in a cell :wink: j/K. I stopped smoking. Worked a union job. Got hurtā€¦shove oxy down your throat then you canā€™t function. Iā€™m good uncle samā€¦ill make my ownā€¦Now where can I hide a a few hectares of poppiesā€¦Seriously ok Iā€™ll stop. Funny how big pharma does you. Be safe!!!
-J
Made it to my favorite Med Spot Maggieā€™s here in Baltimore pick me up at 8 birthday cake now Iā€™m going to watch Lego Batman then Iā€™m playing some Battlefield Hardline Iā€™m stuck on that game. Such a childā€¦

3 Likes

Yeah itā€™s pretty much perfect but itā€™s been moved to another room so no longer drawing air directly from outside. The intake pipe and fan is sat on a windowsill with the window open.
The sonoff stuff is just cheap Chinese wifi power stuff but it works via WiFi so easy to adjust stuff. Iā€™m sure we have a thread about it here on OG. Everything is controlled by an app on your phone :+1:

4 Likes

Awesome dude. Thanks for the info. Takes some worry of your mind eh? Iā€™m sure you got it dialed in. Thanks for your time.

3 Likes

No worries. You can automate your entire grow using sonoff gear and its cheap as chips. The sonoff th16 is a God send as it looks after humidity :+1:
Edit - sorry for spamming your thread @MadScientist.

3 Likes

Grandmasters going to beat the shit out of me for that. With a name like mad scientist he could strike me from afar. Iā€™m not worried about the fat Korean with a nuke we know what heā€™s up to. And that Putin dudes alright with me. I wish I could ride a horse with my shirt off unfortunately my man boobs would knock me out. Thanks bro next time Iā€™ll just p.m. you Iā€™m being ignorant Iā€™m an ignoramus. Thanks for the info always appreciated

3 Likes

Bombs away! 6X Pacific Jade Seeds fresh of the plant yesterday!

Good luck everyone!

8 Likes

Good choice! I won a 16oz. cup challenge over at ICMag.

This sounds like a better solution than what I tried last time, Ferments with perlite hempys do not work IME. I needed the organic matter apparently.

Hahaha! I did the same. Iā€™ll be dropping some Lowryder2 x Juanita la Lagrimosa tonight

15 Likes

I couldnā€™t help myself. Iā€™ve been wanting to do it for a while, just because it looks fun. I didnā€™t have any 16 ounce plastic cups though. I went to buy some and honestly couldnā€™t bring myself to do it. I was thinking about buying all that plastic just to grow a plant and realized itā€™s just not my way. So, I went home, grabbed a 16 oz container and wrapped it with some stray brown paper that had come in a package to me. Then I wrapped twine around it really tightly, tied it off and voila; I have 16 oz plant containers and when itā€™s all done I can just toss them in the compost!! :pray: :heart: :earth_americas:

I placed all 3 in a 1 gallon grow bag I had laying around, so they wouldnā€™t fall over, and filled them straight from the bottom of the compost pile (Itā€™s probably 50% reused soil and 50% compost at various stages of decomposition). I added in some layers of broken up comfrey leaf (it was in my way while I was digging :laughing:) and topped it off with some yard waste mulch (whatever made it into the chipper a couple months ago).

Then I watered it really well and added the 3 seeds I got from a friend of a friend that had me dry sift her old trim. Any stray seeds in the leftovers was what I got for payment, but I know the value of the seeds, so I think it was a fair trade! :blush: I planted 3 cups because the seeds are of indeterminate sex.

Once the seeds sprout Iā€™ll move all of them onto individual saucers, or something, so they air prune their roots. If that isnā€™t allowed, Iā€™ll wrap them in foil and toss them back in the bag!

If you look really close youā€™ll notice there is a potato plant growing right next to the bag. :slight_smile: I have no idea what variety it is, I just know it must have been in some of the compost I top-dressed with.

[The little lilac colored container in the background is 3 types of sage that Iā€™m growing for a friend, so she can make sage smudge sticks. I realized the other day while watering them that smudge sticks do exactly what they claim to do. They ā€œpurge the place of negative energies,ā€ which I translate to mean that they drive away people that have a bad energy about them. I know it works, because any time a friend lights one up, all the uptight people leave! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Reality is in the eye of the beholder. :eye:

15 Likes