Making a fall members box a possibility 2022 edition

When it comes to prized ones that would be excellent to get into more peoples hands and gardens would be varieties such as Pinkman’s goo, Dr grinspoon, black African magic, ducksfoot, road kill skunk, punta Rojas, lambs bread and Doug’s varin as the main ones that come to mind for some excellent candidates, question is who’s got seeds for any of em

7 Likes

I received three seeds of these from @Vertebrata . They are fems, as I believe was the only way to get these. They would have to be run as fems, which I planned to do at some point, but right now I have enough on my plate…

4 Likes

co-op was just done on RKS here :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Shoot me that link double D! I know someone that would love to get a few for their garden this year

They did come in regs at some point and one of the grower notes I’ve seen on it that sex is extremely hard to determine till at least 3rd or 4th week of initiating flower. I’ve got 4 regs of it I think but didn’t come in a breeders packs so cannot validate source or legitimatacy of the seeds just taking the sellers word for it that’s what they were, havent touched em cuz I want to be sure I’m ready to preserve if I pop those

2 Likes

Speaking of which, I bought some of these a while back, and was planning to run some of the Kwazulu next if the germination gods smile… I’m a bit curious to see what people think about running these for preservation. As far as I can tell, all these seeds from their “Pure Origins” catalog are actually hybrids, advertised as pure 100% sativa landraces but with 65-70 day flowering periods. Considering that they’re lying about the landrace status of their seeds in order to sell them, how do people feel about the ethics of reproducing them for the co-op? Assuming, of course, that they’d even be wanted for a repro. I already have them, so I’m out the $100 or whatever it cost anyway, but I wouldn’t have bought them if I’d realized and personally I don’t feel it’s necessary to respect the wishes of the breeder in this case. What they said they were selling me has no breeder.

Similar question on this one. I have a pack of Ducksfoot BX from Annunaki, Frisian Duck x Ducksfoot (or vice versa?) - since I bought these, do I have to get their permission to do a repro? Are Annunaki even still active? Obviously their packs are still available, but their website lists a bunch of seedbanks that they say carry their work and the seedbanks don’t list them as breeders anymore.

1 Like

The link is below but the sign up is closed. The seeds are ready to go out in the fall box in Canada. The rest of the world will be seeing them in the spring box as Sebring has already started shipping. There should be plenty out there to grab or trade for soon.

5 Likes

Thanks Doug! I’ll just be keeping my ear open for a few to carry in the wind my way for her, not even my taste. I like the fruity and sweet smelling cultivars, she’s into that stank, to each their own haha

I don’t see an ethics issue with it, especially if your not offering them for sale but rather sharing to keep the genetics alive. If your growing em out then your continuing the work and giving them the credit as the source not claiming its your creation. Nothing wrong with that, if they didn’t want people being able to reproduce em then they should only be offering fems or put disclaimers of a patent number on the pack, as far as I know freakshow is one of the mainstream strains the breeder has a pretty tight hold on as his creation but people still carrying on the generations 🤷 just my .02

I’ve also got 4 seeds of Frisian duck but not the original ducks foot

5 Likes

In general the seeds are yours to do whatever you want to. The breeder has no say once they sold them to you. For the coop I think the idea was to play nice and not interfere with the business of breeders people love. I think it basically started with Bodhi strains.

Personally I’d decide that per breeder/strain. Like, a really overpriced strain should be made available to everybody and I don’t care about the breeder. :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think there will be more resistance than someone mentioning a reason why a strain might not be a good choice, like I did with the Beldia some posts up. Nobody can stop you if you want to make seeds from whatever strain.

6 Likes

That’s not how the co-op works, though. I don’t necessarily understand what “breeder” means half the time, but we have to respect the breeder’s wishes. Take Freakshow though; I got a pack of that from 7 East Genetics, not Shapeshifter or even HSC. Who’s the breeder, and who should be asked if I wanted to preserve that for the co-op rather than just preserving it for myself? I wouldn’t know how to get in touch with Shapeshifter if I tried; 7 East told me that by purchasing from them, I was effectively signing a contract to keep the genetics free; HSC would presumably have a problem with distributing one of their lines, to the extent it’s theirs. :man_shrugging:

I definitely had noticed that a disproportionate number of the preserved strains seemed to be from Bodhi. :wink:

4 Likes

I have to agree with you @allotment . I guess it’s really about respect for the breeders in the end. When you buy seeds they are yours and as such you can do as you wish. Out of respect you don’t really want to compete with currently sold strains costing breeders money. I also agree with reproducing seeds that some are gouging the public on. When breeders set such ridiculous prices with no guarantees of germination it really does tend to make me lose respect for them.

10 Likes

LOL, that’s what you get when you release over 170 strains and are good at what you do :wink:

8 Likes

Agreed, someone doing good work and charging no more than 10, maybe 15 (usd) for truly great beans, I don’t really want to cut into their business. But, someone that charges crazy amounts for their beans and manipulates the market with hype, I don’t feel so bad spreading the love.

6 Likes

Wrong person!

1 Like

We had to be positives in everything we do.
Be negative with perpectives never help.

1 Like

So I don’t have much to offer up but I do have a few rare bodhi packs that could be preserved for a members box.

Strawberry Milk f2.
Dread bread.
Mountain temple.
Acapulco gold.
Sakura.
Herer hashplant.

14 Likes

I have the improved Moroccan still

6 Likes

I can definitely dig around in what I have to see if there’s anything that’s worth reproducing, I’d love to donate something if I have it. Most of the stuff I have though that i think is worth preserving already came from repros here on OG, that I’m planning to make more seeds of already :joy: lots of F3s in my future at the moment

4 Likes

I’m curious about your improved Moroccan. Could you share some info with us?

3 Likes

https://khalifagenetics.com/product/moroccan-beldia/ I say improved because he has gone through a few rounds of breeding to reduce herms and weak plants. supposedly they test a little higher too. I will let loose 10 of them with the understanding you make seeds, herms are culled, and I get a stash of seed back so I can look through them carefully down the road. These are special because they are hard to get in the states. They are never in stock at the offical usa Dealers so I had to use other channels to import them using a foreign address

7 Likes

How soon would you want me to start them with this arrangement? I’m right in the middle of going through a bunch of my own chucks.

2 Likes