Making sativa dominant Auto flower beans at home ( regular)

I’ve been on that path too :slight_smile: I resorted to buying pollen on Strainly because I wasn’t on here yet. I suggest posting in the trades section.

I started by crossing a few of other people’s crosses, including a lemon haze and something with some AK47 in it, with females of the lovely potent mostly-sativa pineapples I got from HomeGrownCannabisco. Recrossed those with some others from other breeders (Tenty20Mendocino, Grower’s Lab, other small ones) and haven’t grown them out yet. Also recrossed them with themselves, mostly via volunteers, and with other things. Recently crossed home pineapple mix x Bear Dance with Pine auto fems and then recrossed the male progeny back to Pine mom / aunt. That might be your best bet if you don’t want everything to come out smelling like pineapple. The pine was more citrusy, and kind of lacked personality. That seemed like a positive to me for something I want to use just to introduce maleness.

I also have some where the male pollen came from a cross called Midnight Gospel made my Pigtail Gardens. It was more of an indica, with heritage from Viking Gardens, Hembra, and Ethos’s genetics. It seemed to add a richness and depth to the terpenes of the progeny, but other than that the pineapple genes appear to be dominant. Across a couple dozen plants grown out across about 4 generations they all smell like pineapple and they all have a more “head” high.

I have some Zamaldelica Express regs from Night Owl, I had them recorded as indica, and @FieldEffect and you have now saved my bacon by making me check. This would be a great run for a male of those, and I’ve just planted the girls so there’s plenty of time. I’m going to drop a couple in water right now. If they’re male I’d be happy to send you some pollen assuming you’re somewhere I can do so legally.

If you (or anyone else really) want some auto regs from me for breeding I’m always happy to share, if you’re willing to pass me a little pile of seeds back to play with if your project works out. I’m very chill, there will be zero tracking of follow through :rofl: but I’m all about more awesome auto stuff getting bred more sooner. Lmk if I should make a list of the home cross regs that I could share.

I’ve got indica types too, and some 1st gen photo/auto crosses both on indica and sativa side.

5 Likes

I’m not experienced about hazes, but this is a good strain that ticks a lot of my boxes. It’s vigorous, a little lanky, and most importantly in my climate at 7200’, has never stunted on me.

That said, nothing about it really stands out in my mind right now. I probably wrote something about it somewhere the past couple of years.

3 Likes

I make a lot of auto Regs. I’m not exactly sure how many I have, but I made some seeds with a clone from an Amnesia x Blueberry Sativa boy. Not a lot, can’t recall how many I have. They’re yours if you’d like them and promise to pop them. The goal was to make a blue dream remix of sorts auto regs. Why, just because, and it could be a fun basis for future work for me, and maybe others.

Also, I kind of liked the hilarity of blue dream being clone only, blueberry being widely held in clone form, and lots of confusion. The juxtaposition spoke to me, so widely replicated and white labeled. Being available as a huntable auto reg with one genotype being damn similar to the originals. or a Sativa leaning blueberry, maybe one being like a delicious blueberry flavored Thai leaner? Is there something wrong with me?:man_shrugging::weary: I mean, I get excited about the thought of doing large open pollinations of old mysterious blueberry regs :joy:

Also, there are mutants, and I used a couple of them along the way, because they were sometimes the best plants.

I’ve done the same with dosi, white widow, watermelon z, jammy dodgers, double grape, lemon haze and further f gene of the blueberry… I got a bunch of free blueberry regs from @Alaskagrown years ago and fell in love with them while hunting through about 50 of them. I ended up pollinating the 6 standout girls with a few boys. I’ve kept them separated by gilt and there was a lanky late flowering girl that smelled like straight blueberry with a splash of confectionary sugar.

Long story “short”er, I set out to be a pro breeder 3-4 years ago. For a while I was determined to fill a void and offer autoflower regs that had provenance and grow diaries to show how they were worked, and why. There’s so much smoke and mirrors with autoflowers and I was going to show it all because of how sick I was of the games with autoflowers. This is also at a time when Mephisto was unable to keep up with demand. So it seemed like maybe there was a future…

You also need to be a damn good breeder and grower to grow autos well. Short windows for selection, finicky in some ways and you have to select somewhat blind and fast as to smoke. (Though I’ve found some fun ways around it. I dry vape all of my buds fresh off the branch in testing). It’s like what a barrel sample is for wine in the cannabis world.

So you work harder, are more prone to misfires, and the payoff is way less because it’s such a small percentage of projected want cannabis seeds that want them. This is why there aren’t a whole lot of people doing auto regs in a serious way. Or if they do it, it doesn’t last long or is infrequent. Gnome releases some, firebuds is/was one breeder that did/does them.

I’ve handed out several, and some longtime growers raved, but I also don’t hear back from most. Assuming I find them in the vault, they’re yours if you’ll pop them. Please make more if you pop them and like them. I’ve traded away what I had to spare in many cases, but if you’ll pop em, I can get you some nice beans :v:

10 Likes

Auto Ak triple haze sounds like a decent mother.
In reality i will do (super auto X haze auto) then with those beans ill probably go back and hit a new Auto haze. Instead of breedibg the offspring together i think i will grab a new Auto Haze from 2-3 companies.

So ((super auto X haze auto)* gen1 X (haze auto)* gen2
((Super autoX haze auto) x (haze auto))gen3 x haze autogen4
After 3-4 gens breed back to Haze auto then breed them against each other to stabilize out a bit.
So it would look something like this before i even cross it back to itself.

((( haze-auto-tao X auto-ak-triple-haze ) x ( Auto xtreme Haze )) x (auto-amnesia-haze)))

@ acro Im assuming your Amnesia x Blueberry Sativa boy is photo sensitive if you had a clone. So the from what i remember the offspring all come out Photosensitive holding receive genes for auto flowering.
( I dont have access to the trading forum)

2 Likes

You can’t get into the Trading Thread? SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

correct.
trust levels and permissions
" * visiting at least 15 days, not sequentially"
I think all my days have been sequential so im not permitted…

3 Likes

Ah, ok, I see now. Won’t be long then. Hang in there, participate. Look forward to interacting with you in the “Trade Thread”. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@AzSeaindooin420 got any more amnesia haze cdlc autos? I thought they were great for an auto and definitely more of a sativa flower

1 Like

The auto ak triple haze looks great but I dont like the flavor description of Sweet, Fruity, Wild Forest Fruits and Berries.
When I think of haze I want church incense, frankincense, sandalwood.
Im on the attitude and the search function yields over 25 auto haze’s to choose from. Going through them now.

Nope, I sometimes clone my autos and pollinate them for small breeding projects.

Fuckin pita . Tao website wont ship to US. The attitude is out of Tao genetics, Amsterdam seed center doesn’t take Credit cards from US. Used someplace called “strain supermarket” got myself;
Top Tao -Haze Auto Tao (10 Reg)
Delicious seeds- critical-neville-haze-auto- (5-fem)
I prefer Neville over super silver. the next gen ill cross an Amnesia auto.

I find it absolutely crazy that Top Tao is the only company on the entire internet that sells non fem haze autos. Everyone is so fuckin greedy its kinda disgusting. God forbid people wanna make their own seed stock. Im gonna breed every damn trade marked haze auto I can into this and give em out for free.

8 Likes

I grew it a few times and it never smelled fruity. It always smelled like good weed, i.e., funky and old-school but nothing specific.

What’s funny is that you can reproduce fems just as well. I recently decided to make regulars out of every fem seed I like.

How do you make regular seeds out of auto fems?

2 Likes

Don’t see how you could do it without out crossing. Or you have the original parent seed stock… which would defeat the purpose

1 Like

You’re close, I see 12 days visited. I believe it’s okay if they are sequential, my first 15 days were all in a row (hyperfocus ftw, lol!) that note just means they don’t have to be 15 sequential days.

Or maybe you just have to actively sign in on each, so you can’t just leave the forum open on your browser and have that count?

Anyhow, 3 more days is a blink of the eye when you’re planning that kind of long term breeding project. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ground Up Genes has some very cheap in house auto regulars, one set that’s blueberry cross and one that’s OG Kush cross. I’ve bought from them and it was a great experience.

You originally said you were looking for Sativa, so I didn’t think you’d want those.

1 Like

Here’s what I’m trying - I think it would work really well sometimes and not so well sometimes:

Get pack of feminized seeds, plant one. Also plant six or seven auto regular seeds in a large pot. When the regulars show sex, kill the females.

With the seeds from that pairing, plant another bunch in a large pot and breed with the next seed from the pack.

After doing this three times, you’ll have a regular strain that’s 87% of the original feminized strain. Four times gets you to 93%, and so on.

After that you’ll probably have to do selection to bring it to a true IBL.

Anyway that’s what I’m trying. I just popped the F2 generation this week.

1 Like

Yeah you could get pretty close but never back 100% to the original strain for the sake of argument.
I love genes and breeding cannabis. By my 3rd indoor grow 15+ years ago I was pollen chucking.
A filthy dirty pollen chucker…

2 Likes

Obviously not. It would be something like this:

mendellian

…but the closer you get to 100%, the more likely that deleterious recessive genes will ruin what you’re breeding.

2 Likes