Your Strain of the Future Predictions

Interested in anyone’s thoughts on what the newest “hot” strains will trend towards? Zkittles and cherry-fill-in-the-blank seems to be the deal right now… and before that all the cookies crosses… and before that all the OG Kush stuff… or correct me if I’m wrong… just my perspective on the flow of things…
Anyways, what’s the next craze?

3 Likes

genetically modified highs, very specific terpene/cannabinoid profiles and whatnot

4 Likes

We’re going to be those old guys on that site that still grow analog THC. lol

9 Likes

You seen that freakshow weed? With the leaves that look like ferns…I want some of them.

6 Likes

Some dank blue and purple bud with the fern leaves…I can definitely see that in the breakfast room.

2 Likes

maybe one day in the future there will be novelty cannabis that burns green smoke, and purple for purple strains.

2 Likes

Where are you located? SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

A strain that emails you to let your stoner ass know you forgot to water or to spray IPM: Scientists have turned spinach into biological sensors that send email

12 Likes

Now that… Right there is a brilliant idea!! :star2:

Jimmy Hendrix special edition :sunglasses: :+1:

Cheers
G

3 Likes

we need perennial plants that will replace the buds we pick :smiley:

4 Likes

I think I actually found one that would do that. Only the tops flower, and the rest of the plant stays in veg and continues growing. So fresh buds come in every time you harvest and the plant doesn’t die.

but it would only work if you were growing in a Mediterranean climate with very specific photoperiod conditions, and no chance of frost. like San Francisco or San Diego, where plants flower all year round (including cannabis).

In my opinion it would not make for a good indoor crop because it would be slow and low yielding over time. I grew one flowering in my 12/12 tent for about a year. Maybe it could be useful if you only had one light chamber, and only smoked a small amount.

The plant was a bodhi tester of goji raspberry x old mother ghani. I have no idea where that crazy trait came from in those genetics. 3 out of 4 had the trait of flowering only at the tops while the rest of the plant stays in veg.

6 Likes

I’ve read Flo from dj short can give some continual harvests but I have never had the opportunity to try my self and see how long it can persist for.

2 Likes

I think that with more and more people getting into smoking, people are going to want to try “old school” stuff as well as heirloom / landrace plants.

5 Likes

I picture a middle aged suburban housewife, she got this pack of seeds online for a fantastical looking variety…

She plants them, shows them love and care like her roses and begonias. It starts as a small green frilly leafed plant, ruffles and folds of extravagant leaves. Her friends comment on what a strange, but beautiful plant it is, she beams with pride as she tells them what it is to looks of disbelief. “It doesn’t look like cannabis at all.” Her friends say.

As it grows, it starts to flower, making clusters of pale green pistils in crystal coated calyxes. As the days get shorter the leaves pick up deep purple, maroon and golden hues. During the cool evenings she can open her windows and it fills her house with the smell of oranges or mangoes, mint, lavender or berries, depending on the variety she grew that year.

As fall finally comes in with crisp days and frosty evenings, she has harvested the plant, she hung it in her garage to slowly dry, then carefully manicured off the final few leaves and packed them into jars to cure. Maybe for xmas gifts or special occasions, some into edibles for her own medical use.

The experience was fulfilling and she was able to grow something beautiful that was therapeutic in more ways than just chemical.

Thats what I want to accomplish. Thats kind of my goal with breeding ducksfoot with freakshow…

12 Likes

I’m thinking the strains will be either skunky, garlicy or purple anything.
Going back to the old days. Lol.

2 Likes

Wow! That’s some mind bending stuff. I wonder if they could then breed the particles into a plant that would transfer them to the seed? Then our weed plants could spy on us… :thinking: …shhhhh!

3 Likes

Wow man… well written… you put me right in that scenario- bravo!

2 Likes

As it becomes more commercial we need to look at it from an ornamental perspective too. People like pretty plants, and if you market it right, the sky is the limit.

How many billions of dollars is the ornamental plant industry?

4 Likes

I’m worried. It might not be one. I have seen a lot of changes. I read in high times 30 years ago . Jack H I’m sorry for the last name . But he wrote on how we where changing the genetics of the plant. What are you going to do when the seed trade for pot gets modified like other seeds. Weed grows for us. It’s on of the few plants that has control of its future. There was a documentary on Netflix about certain plants. It’s one of the last. You can eat it. Wash with it. Build your home and make your a shirt. Lol

2 Likes

Check out the botany of desire on pbs

3 Likes