Malana seed run sign up (closed)

Malana seed run sign up @redjimp

2 Likes

Thanks, copied here the list, we can continue here so the OP and contributor remains the same ā€¦ beer3|nullxnull

4 Likes

Thanks @George , I have requested that they close the other thread so as not to confuse anyone and also have closed the wiki so nobody can sign up there. Thanks for moving the list.

6 Likes

Thanks Doug for your initiative Arriba|nullxnull , only regulars can make wikis but mods here are always fast and helpful when requested, for the good and the bad angeldevil|nullxnull ejem|nullxnull , cheers ā€¦ beer3|nullxnull

4 Likes

Yes, the mods here are great. I was trying to help but @upstate should definitely get the points for this so thanks for copying the stuff over. This is much better. :v:

4 Likes

Very cool @Upstate! Iā€™ve always sort of wanted those and see if i can learn some new hash techniques to make it happen. Those are definitely some 13-14 footers in those pics. Think it will take to being topped early? Iā€™ve had ok luck with the last few sativa that I topped.

Thanks for the project. This will be a treat to have. peace

5 Likes

When would they have finished without the frost? We normally donā€™t see a hard frost until the last half of Oct, but it may be only one night, and we may not get another one until the 2nd week of Nov. Itā€™s a crap shoot, but if a strainā€™s got some mold resistance, and can handle a little frost, itā€™d probably finish here.

Great job under adverse conditions man. Thanks for sharing these with everyone. :slight_smile:
Youā€™re Pure OG dude. :vulcan_salute:
:guitar:

11 Likes

Awesome @Upstate , canā€™t wait for these. While modern strains have their benefits Iā€™m starting to tire of them all having the same basic high.

Cant wait to finally grow the fame Malana.

5 Likes

I be welcome on helping you out with thatā€¦as well as the other.

I might have a place for that on a future projectā€¦you know where!

Saludas

3 Likes

Well done! This sounds awesome. Iā€™m down to run these the near future. Iā€™ve got 9 feet of indoor ready to rock and roll.

4 Likes

It appears that someone saw fit to remove mine and anotherā€™s, name from the list and replace it with theirs, hopefully this was a mistake. I have had this happen several times and now take a picture, whenever I sign up. My brother does the same thing but mine has a time date stamp on it. This was a little over 6 hours ago

Please be careful not to erase or overwrite anotherā€™s name

Luckily there were still slots open, to re-post, mine and my brothers. I know that this was probably a mistake but, please letā€™s be careful. It has caused me to miss out on a seed run or 3, that I am interested in more than once. I canā€™t wait to give these a try outdoors. I hope that all is well with you and yours. Yā€™all be safe and Stay HIGH :+1:t4: :v:t4:

10 Likes

You can check here all the editions made ā€¦ :sunglasses:

3 Likes

This was just a seed run. I had to let them go until they died to get the seeds to maturity. We had four nights in a row that got down to 28 degrees right around September 15th. Flowering completely stopped and didnā€™t pick up again until October. October is a nasty month where I live. By the 15th we have snow.

6 Likes

I do think theyā€™d respond well to topping early. I wanted to grow them natural because Iā€™ve always wanted to see a tall Himalayan hash plant. The picture was taken sometime in late August or early September. They grew another couple feet. I also packed the plants close together so the pollen would definitely land on something. There were two different locations. Given room, I do believe there are some phenotypes that would Branch out. Some phenotypes had less branches, some more.

8 Likes

They started flowering here at 42 North September 1st. You are about 6 degrees further south than me, so they should begin flowering in mid August for you, between two and three days earlier for each degree of latitude. They flower 12 to 14 weeks. Possibly some 10-week plants. Good chance they would nearly finish or finish for you. Late October to the first week of November. Also, I have noticed that plants that are well into their flowering cycle will keep on rolling through bad weather, whereas if they see Frost very early it stunts them. They would definitely finish( all of them) if allowed to grow from seed each year for several years where you are, but you would get something to finish your first year I think, too. I have read that plants will finish in a new climate the same time of year they finished in their old climate after you grow them for 7 generations outdoorsā€¦ So that would be a September or October finish eventually. Iā€™m determined to do this with these. Eventually the plants will realize they need to get their asses going earlier in the year to finish. Theyā€™ll realize " we aint in India anymore"!

8 Likes

Well I forsure appreciate your hard work. Itā€™s not easy going just for seeds man. I always wanna see the buds at the end and sample the goods.

4 Likes

Iā€™ll attempt to grow them at 12/12 from seed and of help them along with Flowering. I hear tho that landrace strains donā€™t like heavy nutes.

3 Likes

The only fertilizer used in the Himalayas is manure. The plants did handle quarter strength super soil, mixed with garden soil, compost, and perlite, but you would do best with fertile garden soil just like theyā€™re used to. I have seen pictures of Himalayan hash plants grown in a coil around the outside of the container until they start to produce branches. Something to consider if you attempt this one indoors. If I donā€™t taste a Malana Bud within the next couple years, I will have to do them indoors too lol. I have patience, but it is limited! More than likely this summer will be another attempt with Malana at the same location. If seeds from last year germinate on their own at that outdoor location, and I think they will, Iā€™ll try again. If they donā€™t, I will attempt a faster flowering Himalayan variety at that location, and I will try Malana closer to sea level. They were grown above 2000 ft last year. I knew they wouldnā€™t finish, but I did think they would get further along. In a good year I should be able to produce thousands of seeds.

6 Likes

This looks like an epic waiting to happen. Ta!

2 Likes

Thanks for spreading the love @Upstate ive put myself down but didnā€™t know whether to @ my name or notā€¦ once again thank youā€¦

2 Likes