Mantis Buffered Nutrients *Help Please*

Hi all,

I’ve been using Mantis Buffered Nutrients and been running into problems. I’m 33 days into flower (from flip) and here’s what’s happening

70/30 coco/perlite
5ml per L of Mantis with tap water
Temps 75-80F day, 68-74 night
RH 40-50%

6 Likes

I’m not familiar with Mantis, but the plant just looks hungry to me.
I’m thinking just some more nitrogen.
I’d suggest to remove those lower necrotic leaves as well.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

I guess some Phosphorous deficiency … :thinking:

2 Likes

What is you nute pH going in and runoff?

1 Like

It’s a PH buffered nutrient, all in one. You can’t test PH with it because of the buffer preventing a good reading. It’s PHd to sit between 5.8 and 6.2 at all times. That’s what’s making this tough…you can’t adjust anything. If I could flush it and use something else I would.

1 Like

I think maybe my water is too high ph or ppm for the Mantis to work properly…or it’s a scam lol. I just don’t want this to die before harvest in 4-5 weeks.

1 Like

Ok, but it is a good practice to check and rule that out as you run down possible issues.

1 Like

What’s your tap water pH? :sunglasses:

I found their web page and read through the info.
No, not a scam.
They don’t like RO water, therefore (reading between the lines) they are expecting municipal water (enough added buffer to hit pH of 7.5~8).
Do you know your water’s pH?
Don’t mess with your water unless it’s really out of whack…

There is enough differences between strains that you can’t expect a “one size fits all” approach to be optimal for all strains.
That said, your plant is looking OK, it will finish and you will get a good harvest.
I’d suggest cleaning out the necrotic lower leaves as that can be a source of infection later (just good hygiene practices).
If you decide to look at a different nutriment for your next grow, think about Jacks 3-2-1, there’s a couple Canadian sources now and folks around here love it.

Cheers
G

6 Likes

That plant is root bound… which will give you major feeding issues

1 Like

Don’t think so, it’s in a fabric pot, roots prune themselves … beer3|nullxnull

3 Likes

My tap PH , measured with an aquarium test strip shows PH maxed out on the chart which is 8.4 , not sure if it can be higher but I tried mixing 1/2 distilled, 1/2 tap and then Mantis and it looked worse the next day as if it progressed faster, so I went back to just tap.

My tap PH is maxed out at 8.4 according to the test strip chart. You really think it’ll make it to harvest? I hope so, this is my last plant of 5 this grow was a nightmare, and my first grow. Lots happened so I’m desperate to save this last one. I’ll go cut the bad leaves off. I thought if the plant was pulling nutrients from them I should leave them but seems it’s better to yank them. Thanks!

1 Like

I hope your plant makes it to harvest…
Good luck brother…

3 Likes

@Kushking902, you’re the only one I know who’s used Mantis and I seem to remember you had similar issues with it… I think those plants made it to harvest somehow, but you had to make some adjustments if I recall? Maybe you could help.

3 Likes

Thanks, when pH is too high at least the chelation process in Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect doesn’t work as it should, don’t know if it will also be your case … icon_e_confused|nullxnull

1 Like

You are correct as long as you clean them out. Pot looks a little dirty. How big is that pot? Looks like it’s ready to explode, how old is that plant?

1 Like

Pot is 3 gallon fabric smart pot. The plant is 68 days old from seed, 31 days after flipping the light to 12/12. I have been watering until runoff until yesterday I watered without runoff just to see if it makes a difference. The Mantis makes it really tough to figure anything out though.

Stem looks beefy in pic, wasnt sure if it’s an older mother plant.

1 Like

Definitely tell you have been watering the shit out of it. What doe you mean watering it until run off?

1 Like