Mantis Buffered Nutrients *Help Please*

Cool temperatures seem to affect, as well of overwatering according to this info, hope it helps … beer3|nullxnull

1 Like

According to that link it looks like I have most of the deficiencies available. If deficiencies were a good thing I’d be all set! I wish someone that’s used Mantis could chime in.

2 Likes

Could you flush with pHed water and check the runoff to see what pH and how many ppm’s goes out? Maybe that will give as a clue … icon_e_confused|nullxnull

1 Like

I didn’t notice I was tagged in this earlier, sorry brother. I had that exact issue with the plants that I had growing in straight perlite. The plants I had in promix were phenomenal, the company isn’t a scam but from what I seen with my grow and yours these nutes struggle in a hydroponic medium like coco and perlite. I just kept on feeding as directed right to the end. The leaves on the plants in perlite were hurting but the buds were fine.
If you use this stuff again I would run promix

2 Likes

These are the ones in perlite

They had leaf issues most of flower.
These are the ones in promix

It’s hard to see under hps but they were a nice green the whole time.
They were fed the same so it’s either something to do with the medium or the watering frequency. I’m leaning more towards watering frequency because promix, coco, and perlite are all inert

3 Likes

Strongly disagree brother…
It was genius of you to try new things, don’t ever sell yourself short on that

Humans are a society vastly depend on agriculture and for us nutrients shouldn’t cost this much just because we grow cannabis…
You took a step to change that and facing some difficulty, your plants made it to this far right?
You’ll get it right next time brother…

I have personally started with cheap nutrients and it did wonders for me…

Check out this thread, you might get some ideas for your next grow…
it is almost same as I was planning for my first grow before i ran into GH flora series rip off fertilizers in my country…

I will be sure to run a bagseed along with the above mentioned technique in my next run…

Lmao, didn’t see you there before linking your own thread @lefthandseeds

You are in good hands @Dothraki brother…

5 Likes

I’m with @alwaysnoob. Your not stupid for trying new things. The entire cannabis industry wouldn’t be where we are today without trying new things, that’s how we learn.
Hell, the first time I tried to grow weed I put dirt from outside in an ice cream container with no holes planted a random bag seed and stuck it under a 100w halogen spot light lmao, I had a set of cotyledons on 8” of stem before It died.
The second time 400w hps in a closet with no ventilation and heavily fertilized with miracle gro. The shit finished but made your lips numb when you smoked it!!
Live and learn my friend, don’t let the little things get you down

4 Likes

Unfortunately due to the PH buffer it wouldn’t provide an accurate reading, so I was told by the guy that created Mantis.

Thank you so much! I don’t know much about promix but will look into it for the remaining bottle of Mantis that I will have left over maybe run 1 plant in it the next grow. Right now I’ve stopped watering until runoff, was putting in about 3-3.5 liters with around .75-1 liter of runoff up until a couple days ago. Now I’m using about 1.5 - 2 liters with no runoff, hoping it stays stable enough to finish.

2 Likes

Good words of wisdom…much appreciated! I will take a look through the thread, thank you! Seems like an excellent group you guys have going here on this forum…think I might just stick around for a while and learn a few things!

4 Likes

So it was brought to my attention that a member from another forum that convinced me to buy MANTIS was Jake Macdonald, the Operations Manager of CanGenX BioTech that developed Mantis, posing as a fellow grower to talk people into buying Mantis.

His name was JakeCan and apparently has been on other forums doing the same. Just wanted to share that with everyone.

Here’s to entering week 6 and hoping to finish without too much loss in quality.

Add images

9 Likes

Wow. The fact that he’s assumed an alter ego to try and push the product is definitely more than a little sketchy, even if it’s just that he didn’t give any indication that he was more than another grower… lying by omission is still lying.

2 Likes

Yeah once he was called out by other members he made his activity private and disappeared. My guess is that the product only somewhat works in certain conditions with certain strains and they need to offload as much as possible to recoup some of the investment and production cost…then Mantis will probably disappear after that. I’ll be looking for something different that I can use my high PPM and high PH tap water with for the next grow.

3 Likes

I know @vernal has said that dynagro is good with his high ec water.

3 Likes

That’s shadey af…

2 Likes

Lemongrass is still alive… not looking the healthiest but hoping she makes it another 2-3 weeks (my estimate but I’m not experienced enough to know yet). Only smells when you touch a bud or sugar leaf, otherwise no stinkyness.

Do you guys have any suggestions? Should I continue as normal and cross my fingers? How long do you think until ripe?

5 Likes

Anyone? It’s probably 2-3 weeks out right?

2-3 weeks is a good guess. :+1::seedling:

1 Like

I have heard that the sulphur brings out the dankness…
Haven’t tried it myself, you may want to read up on that…

1 Like

You should create an entire topic showing this bullshit… fuck Jake or whoever he is… not very comforting knowing that’s the extent people will go to in order to gain more business… lame !! So yeah man I’d put that on a topic by itself for everyone to get wind of

1 Like