Mark's 60 day Bubblegum

…and their off! 4 out of 5 are up.

7 Likes

We are 5 for 5 now. All looking good. I’ll snap some more pics when I pot them up.

1 Like

Did a little intervention to remove the seed coats on the last two that came up. Will transfer these to one gallon pots of promix tomorrow.

7 Likes

Sad day, thought it was under watering, but now I’m afraid they are dampening off.

3 Likes

@Garden-Buddy any update on the status of your BG?

2 Likes

Popped 5, 3 have survived and are starting to take off. I’ll snap a pic here in a bit.

2 Likes

Here they are now.

Mark's 60 day Bubblegum - #25 by Tejas

9 Likes

Good start, may they all be ladies!

1 Like

Heres the latest, gonna up pot these soon.

7 Likes

I personally consider Mark’s “Auto” FAST!!! I’ve been rollin’ with him for over 3 years now, threw his name out to the OG Family. Straight Autos require NO light manipulation!!! SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Had a male show and he had to go, no pollen this round, seeds are way too easy to make, lol. The other two survivors will be up potted very soon.

5 Likes

Ive been using expanding peat pellets to sprout seeds lately with some mixed results. They seem to dry out and become hydroscopic just about the time the seedlings pop up and Ive lost a batch because I thought they were moist and they weren’t. Anybody else been put off using them?

I have a few more I’m gonna use but I’m gonna put them into pots the second I see the surface push up next time.

That said I’m also using them to root some clones, and for that, they seem to be working pretty good.

1 Like

I have used those expanding peat pellets in the past, but I have stopped using them. It takes a year or two or more for that mesh to decompose.
I just use promix for seedlings and clones.

3 Likes

Good point, I hadn’t thought about the mesh. They don’t seem to work any better than promix anyway.

I’m still working on getting my seed starting/early seedling care on point, easy to make little mistakes that set everything back later, especially with autos.

1 Like

I throw my old dirt in my back yard. I haven’t used those pellets in years and I still see them every now and then. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I hope this turns out great :+1:. We need more bubblegum in this world. As for those peat pellets, I have a hatred for them. They are very acidic and I’ve found some of my veggies will not germinate or doe off fast in them. I prefer promix (any kind) which most of the farms and nurserys use around here anyway. Slightly more expensive but it has the mychorrhizae built in so there is that. I tried the mykos for the first time on clones and plants amd wow it boosts production bigtime! Not sure of it as good as or better then dyno myco though…

1 Like

I up-potted the two remaining, and will snap some pictures tomorrow. Yeah, I’m done with the peat pucks, have decided that they aren’t for me.

…update, the peat pucks don’t work very well for clones either, oh well, live and learn.

3 Likes

use both powder and gel, peat pellets work.
powder on the stem, and put a drop of gel into the peat pot where your clone sits.
I pinch some peat around the base so light & air can’t get in

Also have Mark’s bubblegum in my tent, at 4 weeks

8 Likes

Moving right along. Should I top them or not?

8 Likes