Master grower soil?

1 Like

yea blue lab has a ph pen for soil

Use that Bumper Crop stuff as a base for a Super Soil mix (thx OG OGer SubCool):

SubCool’s Super Soil Mix
final version 2012 - One-Quarter Recipe:

2 large bags of high-quality potting soil with coco and mycorrhizae (prefer Roots brand, or Ocean Forest cut with coir)
• 6-12 lbs of organic worm castings
• 1.25 lbs steamed bone meal - fish preferred
• 1.25 lbs bat guano - high phos bloom formula
• 1.25 lbs blood meal
• 1/4 cup dolomite lime
• 1/8 cup Azomite (or fritted trace elements for aquaria)
• 1 tbs epsom salt
• 2 tsp powdered humid acid

Mix together thoroughly on a tarp and then transfer into plastic covered tubs. Add 2 gallons of water and cover. Allow at least 45 days to incubate at 70-90 F before using.

I’ve used everything from full-on salt-based hydro to full-on organic tea-based soilless to mycorrhizal-enhanced soil mixes. Subcool’s Super Soil is tried and true, and as close to “set it and forget it” as you get in growing mediums. Soil pH meter? yeah, I have one somewhere. Haven’t needed to check soil (or water) pH in 10 years. Top dressing? I do it when I remember, or want to finish off a bag of something I’ve got sitting around. Mostly I water, with water, and move on with my day. Super soil does the rest. Great flavor, no flushing needed, even better re-used 50/50 with new SS.

Each grower has their own priorities, so my solution may not be your solution. I’m a craft grower - if your priorities are production weight and bag appeal, soil is likely not your choice. But for ease of maintenance, minimum of tech (and tech failure), integrity of inputs, and quality of product, Subcool’s mix is hard to beat. Peace -b420

This was the recipe in the 2017 TGA catalog… the last they would ever print…
Only wish I’d had a chance to have it signed at some point that year…
(Root Organic was snubbed here but it’s what HE always used…)

Recessive Genetics <<< means overpowered by whatever else you cross it with…

Buzz ON…