Maui mango haze

My one and only possession charge… the cop says “Go get a medical card.” :neutral_face:
A brand new one didn’t help in court, surprisingly. :man_shrugging:

It’s all good. spent most of my community service hours stoned, slept like a bum around the civic center when I was supposed to be picking up trash, smoked weed all over it, & pissed in the planter where the county supervisors ate lunch. :+1: :man_judge: :shower:

Yeah.

:evergreen_tree:

14 Likes

Here’s 2 of the MMhaze from the seedrun, I have 2 more in 7 gal pots. All are about 3 weeks from germination

I don’t normally pinch sativa doms, usually bend the main just before bloom. I have 4 weeks until I have room in bloom, so I dunno, Maybe clone the tops, and stall for time lol.

25 Likes

Those plants look very happy- @Cannasaurusrex

Thanks for posting, and please feel free to update often.

I started reading your grow thread, and your bud shots are very impressive. I must say I am a bit jealous of your legal plant numbers up in Canada, but not so much your climate. :cold_face:

Thanks, I’m average grower at best, but I do keep things on the organic side (bugs appreciate my environment). I hope I can do these some justice, I do have a cpl Kona Gold going, and we just grew out and smoked some Blue Hawaiian. Wife likes the buzz so I am trying some Hawaiian names (hopefully genetics lol). The plant count is from my daughter being a med patient for migraines. Ya have to go thru a provider, doctor and then out yourself to the government, but its more than just a pastime here so we are glad there is a program. I must say though for a rec user/grower “prohibition 2.0” (as critics call it) is working for this old head and his family. 4 plants per household at a time, is plenty if ya can pull off an outdoor grow Gov’t weed? Not a chance lol.

4 Likes

Watered today, and added

Also started some kelp tea for another spray while I can :slightly_smiling_face:

Since I started them under 12-12 my veg time is gonna be short

5 Likes

Man, I keep trying to share with all the newbies-

Organic soil grown herb is simply better-

You can taste the difference, end of story…

8 Likes

I looooove Blue Hawaiian, haven’t smoked that in a long time. Were those seeds from Jordan of the Island?

Eh, I’m not a fan of organic really. if you do hydro right, it is the exact same quality. Now I do get a terp reversal between hydro and soil, some plants taste better in soil and some taste better in hydro because of that, but it depends on the strain. but the quality of the bud is the exact same. And I can usually get more yield in the same timeframe going with hydro than I can with soil.

To each his own though ^^

6 Likes

@HolyAngel

I guess I need to learn how to “do hydro right”…

Sure would be easier-

Any recommendations for drain to waste on coco nutes?

3 Likes

yeah idk mate. I have really good luck with hydro, specifically flood and drain for my water(tap only, no RO), and it’s really easy for me with fantastic results. Organic soil I am still a complete noob with and still having occasional issues, plants are not dialed in there, but the bud does come out great regardless.

It’s just way easier for me to do the hydro thing than it is for me to wrap my head around organic nutes and microbes and fungi and all this other stuff just to be able to do “water-only” and have mediocre results.

I started growing with hydro though, did that for 15 years before I ever even touched dirt.

1 Like

I was thinking about switching over to hydro for a hot weather run. I like to hand feed on coco, until run off.

I’m thinking about trying canna coco lineup.

2 Likes

Yes they were, before the OG buy thing, funny tho bought original Godbud from him years ago and packaging was A1 with glass vial similar to how subcool packaged. The Blue Hawaiian was in a zippy as were other strains… Good smoke, 2 of 4 girls showed nice blueberry coloring, hard nugs.

1 Like

Heres 3 of them so far…

22 Likes

Horsefeathers! :sweat_smile:

As I heard it 'splained… hydroponic synthetic will express the cultivar specimen with less secondary terpenes & minor cannabinoids, essentially something like “no terroir” input. Those hydro store-bought tomatoes just never compare even though they look pretty & ship well. :slight_smile:

So yeah, I smoke my own. :laughing: I need that complex stuff.

12 Likes

I get that, but I can’t tell the difference in the high between the same clone grown in organic water-only soil and the same clone grown in hydro. I just know the dominant terpene is reversed between the two in my testing, and I get more yield and better looking buds with hydro than I do in soil. Perhaps the smells are a little more complex in the soil clone, but nothing that ive seen affect the high.

So with my current knowledge and experience, I currently don’t see the point in soil. Much less any hype about it being better, other than trying to justify the massive startup price it takes to run organic soil.

Outside of all that, environment and experience play a big role. Some people just do better with one way than the other and that’s just the way it is. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I’ve heard that exact explanation before comparing mediums so I agree thanks for posting that up.

1 Like

Agreed. I never had good luck with hydro, standard soil did ok. Switched to 99% organic and my yield and flavor are great. I get over 1.5 g/w. I’m happy.

5 Likes

I still have 2 mmh-

They’re still trying to stretch a little bit…

I fed them seabird guano tea yesterday, and see a some yellowing and slight claw today. Probably should have just stuck with water.

And the shorter one

19 Likes

:+1: I’ll concede that it’s the neuro-(insert science words here) benefits that I need & CBD is also super important for my needs too. I.e. vape pens get me ‘stoned’ but don’t do anything for my medical problems but weed does it like magic.

Connoisseur+medical makes for one seriously picky weed consumer. :blush: :wave:

:thinking:

What’d be most interesting is to sample the difference on a fleet of clones all fed different nutrient products & regimens. :nerd_face:

6 Likes

Yeah I also need the other cannabinoids, especially at least some cbd in there. I grow for my own medicine, need pain killing stuff for my back. I definitely need full spectrum extracts if i’m having to buy something, THC only does nothing for me.

Definitely this. I think this has more to do with it than anything. Especially the dominant terp reversal I’m seeing on multiple cultivars across two separate hydro lines vs organic soil :thinking:

2 Likes