The Reset, Starting over from scratch with/for new(sort of) friends

Got everything ordered, light(630W DE CMH) clip on fan, 3 gallon grow bags, and ph/ppm meter are all here. Water tests decent 7.9ph 176ppm so I’ll be good with the 1/4 tsp silica 1/4tsp ph down measures I was using at the old place, picked up peat moss, lime vermiculite, worm castings, biochar, maxigro/bloom, silica, and ph down today. Seeds should be here Monday, tent and fan get here next week.

3 blueberry cupcakes from humboldt seed co
3 purple panty droppers also from humboldt seed co

Gonna start in solo cups with some “seed starting mix” as per usual then into 3 gallon grow bags with my mix, gonna do 30% peat 4qt(1tbsp lime)30%vermiculite so 4qt of that, ~2.4qt biochar, and ~1.2qt worm castings once I’ve got established seedlings I’ll start off feeding 1/4strength maxigro might throw some mykos and kelp meal in the mix too.

33 Likes

Sounds like your on your way to a nice grow!

1 Like

Now I just need to setup a veg tent or turn my closet into a veg/mom setup. But that’s for some time in late feb early march when I’m ready to flower.

5 Likes

I turned on the 630cmh and it’s easily as bright as the fce4800 I had maybe brighter idk I. Don’t have any 22lb paper to diffuse my Photone app.

4 Likes

Greetings @EugeneDebs420, and congrats on your new setup.

FYI, I just use regular xerox paper as a Photone app diffuser and the readings for my ViparSpectra XS lights match the manufacturer’s specs almost perfectly.

Cheers,
-Grouchy

2 Likes

The blueberry cupcake from hsc is not bad. My favorite this batch.

1 Like

Well looks like my freebies from north Atlantic are fem hsc runtz mint so those will be getting popped with the ppp and blueberry cupcakes for a total of 8 plants in a 4x4 in 3 gallon pots. I’ll keep them in solo cups for like 2ish weeks probably with a very light feed and the cmh dimmed to 315 so they don’t veg to fast to start up, won’t be getting a veg/mom tent/closet setup till late next month so I can’t have things taking off to fast.

7 Likes

what happened to your fc4800 and why the switch to cmh ? just curious. and tagging along to see the grow

1 Like

Had a house fire Xmas eve and, lost everything

2 Likes

The 630cmh was also $120 with coupons lol

3 Likes

ah fuck. sorry to hear that man i hope insurance covered it all and you and yours were not harmed. heres to a new start i wish u success

4 Likes

You guys had me wondering why I hadn’t heard of needing a diffuser with this app…

It seems it’s only required for Apple products…

Sorry about the fire… good to see y’all back at it though.

5 Likes

So I got some sunset sherbert freebies too and now I’m wondering if 10 3 gallon containers will fit in a 4x4 :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Nice to see you growing again @EugeneDebs420 :slightly_smiling_face: wishing you the best in your new grow and place.

Lol, that’s what I have going in my tent right now :grin: I’ve done 16 - 3 gal pots max in a 4x4 before, it was really tight though.
tumblr_mq1ivfNs881r0e42eo5_250

6 Likes

So it’s gonna be 3 mint runtz not 2🤪, everything that isn’t here yet will be by Friday and I’m just sitting here patiently waiting to put seeds in cups

2 Likes

Ok so since everything will be here tomorrow, tent, ph down, another 6 pack of grow bags so I went ahead and put my seeds in water(I know it’s not necessary but shit at over $10 a seed and only popping 3 of each I don’t like to risk failed germination.

3 Likes

Really dig the ac infinity seed mat. Having a temperature dial is nice and now I don’t have to worry about cooking my seeds or it just being to cold to germ. New housemates keep the place in the 60s(f) so it’s a little nippy (another reason for the cmh light over led)

3 Likes

Shit, if they keep it this cool in the summer I might just stick with the cmh for awhile lol. On the bright side the cool temps mean space can be arranged in one of their rooms for drying. Probably get a tall 2x4 tent 4in fan filter, humidifier, and dehumidifier(still need one of these for the room too but I can hold off till flower)

2 Likes

Tents setup, lights, fan and filter are hung just gotta snip some more of these hvac filters for the passive air intake and figure out some kind of light baffle.

6 Likes

Coffee first though

5 Likes