Max plants per ft2

Awesome - I’ve looked at the thread before but will go back more closely.

1 Like

I only fed them CalMag and a little booster about halfway through flower

Impressive! I’m liking it :slight_smile:

@Palindrome runs a SOG with high plant counts. Maybe he can chime in. Personally, I get better results growing fewer, bigger, plants.

3 Likes

Do ebb and flow using a boot tray or large kitty litter tray with rockwool blocks.
Cant remember who introduced me to pistil_tops…but here are a few quick shots and a link…

Insta-link here: https://www.instagram.com/pistil_tops/

5 Likes

Of course, if smoke is your goal. But I think the op is looking at breeding. Its good to have numbers and avoid the already rampant inbreeding depression. Especially if your doing like the guy in the link who was finishing in starter trays. He was turning them autoflower too. The breeding aspect of everything makes it more fun for some of us. I’m halfway through my first grow and have a billion plans already. I got some freakshow seeds, and something special coming from across the pond in a couple months. I might be trying to hit double recessive genes eventually, and maybe even trying to make an auto version at the same time(triple recessive). Thats like 1 outta 64 plants that will have all 3 at once. I’d like more than 1 pair :slight_smile:

3 Likes

it’ll take more than 1 step to get it all together, so I will have an easier, slower, road to travel than 1 outta 64, but ya get the idea

2 Likes

Tappy that link goes to a private thingy. He finished em in the rockwool blocks?

2 Likes

I would typically do 1 plant / ft2 - but want to sift through seeds… so going to up that to 4 plants per ft2.

Yield is less of a concern - I already grow more than I can smoke and give away to friends.

Want to run a number of seeds and find the best I can and keep cuttings / chuck a bit of pollen :slight_smile:

The key will be controlling branching - which shouldn’t be a huge issue.

Need a bit of branching for some clones, but otherwise I’ll be shooting for 1 top off each female.

I’ll be stuck if I get some bean poles… but the genetics will tell the tale once I get going.

3 Likes

Shit - looks like that worked out well!

I have never done hydro - always soil / soilless medium and using blumats… so similar, but not in a bunch of ways I guess. Looks pretty damn cool!

2 Likes

I refuse to learn instagram just to see the grow…
I wont. Thats what the instagram man wants…

I can’t do it. But I wanna see it really bad. Its a matter of principle. Or what most people call “stubbornness”.

Speaking of which, “stubbornness” seems like a ridiculous way to spell a word. Its actually right. haha. nice try matrix :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Pretty sure its all been said but you can fit as many as you want in there, if you have height then tall slender pots are good for maximising root room but small pots keep the plants small.

Im yet to learn about root trimming (afraid ill hurt the plant) but that apparently very useful.

Personally i would say autowatering is a must for anything smaller than solo cups… Need to see about hooking that up myself even while using solo cups as i get better at growing the plants get bigger and drink more fast and faster, one demands water three times a day in a solo cup and its barely flowering so for sure a need to uppot.

Defoliation for airflow is maybe another key component

4 Likes

I loved that thread lots of good info . I think I saw it on the mrnice forum .