MAYBERRY (BLUE STAR S1) M-22 Breeders cut

Gonna be hanging around in the back to watch this Grow n show Happy Growing!

2 Likes

thank you all!

whose leg do i have to hump to upload pics?

4 Likes

You should be good now that you are TL1

https://overgrow.com/badges/1/basic?username=delta9nxs

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Welcome to OG @delta9nxs, you’ve got great taste! Looking forward to the show. @Josh_Blue sure is raising the bar as it relates to qualifying a males potential in a given cross.

Casually selecting 30 males from 60 and reversing them to evaluate their traits as flower forming females, only to take the 10 best of those and progeny test against one a other. It’s inspiring! Appreciate you guys. Much love

7 Likes

Nice time to pull up a chair and watch, welcome and thank you

Hi @delta9nxs! Awesome prospects!! Welcome to OG! Congrats!!
If you haven’t done so, please, go to the thread below and introduce yourself to the community!! It will also help you with being able to post stuff etc, besides saying hello to all!!
Thanks!!

2 Likes

gonna try to post some pics

ok, i did it!

out of order but we have one for the end of the first week and 3 for the end of the second week from transplant as a 7" clone.

if the plant looks a little stressed that’s because it is.

i’m in a leaky old farmhouse temporarily while i’m building a home.

been struggling with low RH and temp swings.

but it put on a lot of mass even so.

i have been taking corrective measures such as boiling water on the stove and misting.

opening and closing doors, etc.

i also took the plant off the 6 on, 6 off @1500 umols schedule because it was not reacting well to it.

i have just grown several more sativa dominate plants using it and they loved the routine.

i have not grown a plant this broadleaf in a long time.

i am using the old 18//6 veg routine now and i find that it likes about 700 umols when using 18 hours. this is delivering about 45.36 moles per diurnal period.

this plant, in spite of all the sativa influence in it’s genetics, is growing a compact, self-supporting bush.

i am in love with the architecture of this plant!

for those not familiar with the system, it is a fully recirculating closed system that is both top watered on a timed, quantified schedule, and bottom watered 24/7 via capillary rise by a tube immersed in the solution below. this tube also acts as a drain.

this drain positively and totally drains the medium after each watering event.

this allows the use of a radically heavy watering schedule as opposed to pots and soil.

i started this plant initially at 10 seconds every 10 minutes and now it is at 15 seconds every 90 minutes.

this device allows you to “dial in” the moisture content precisely.

there is an “air gap” between the bottom of the plant container and the surface of the solution below.

this air gap positively removes the “perched water table” from the root zone after each watering event.

later

15 Likes

time for the end of week 3 update!

finally getting past the low humidity and temp swing issue.

it is in 22" wide container for reference. almost as wide as it is tall.

i had to drop the light flow down to about 700 umols for a while. i have been increasing it slowly since and now we are back up to about 1000 umols again for the 18 hours.

i haven’t done anything to the plant except pluck a few lower leaves

it is shaping like this under a heavily blue-weighted spectrum.

the first 2 weeks were with 5000k only. the 3rd week had 38.5% 2700k bulbs.

very thick, strong, structure. stem rubs are getting interesting.

15 Likes

Shes getting ready to explode.

3 Likes

end of week four from transplant.

i have two going so i will show both.

i’m about to flower them.

11 Likes

Wow that’s looking great :+1:t2: and I agree it’s just ready to go bonkers LoL but Happy Growing The Doc

2 Likes

see were Blue Collar has some collaborations - fems _ sorry can’t remember the collaborating breeder

end of 5 weeks since transplant. 5 days into flower.

plants A and B

they spent the first 2 weeks with 5000k only, the second 2 weeks with 38.5 % 2700k, and the last 5 days with 66% 2700k bulbs.

the reservoirs are running around 1000 ppm or ec2 at 5.9-6.0 ph.

no solution has been removed from the system. input only since day 1.

i have just cleaned up the bottoms and removed some large fan leaves.

other than that not much has been done to them.

this plant is a grower’s dream in that it shapes beautifully without any help. it seems to want to grow bush style, which is the ideal type for indoor.

stem rubs are now loaded with aroma. my wife says that she can smell the blueberry already.

12 Likes

hi, hawkman! this is not from blue collar. this is from Bluestarseedco.com

josh blue is the breeder and i think he’ll be along here shortly.

i do know that he collaborates with dj short @oldworldgenetics and his son, jd @secondgenerationgenetics

6 Likes

thanks for the information !!!

1 Like

Good news when the boss says she can smell the blue already!

5 Likes

today is end of week 6 since the transplant and the 12th day of flower.

pictures are:

plant A overall and canopy. readings from it’s reservoir.

plant B overall and flower.

no solution has been removed from the system, only input. showing 990 ppm and 5.8 ph.

i;m still not doing much to the plants except popping off large fans blocking light to bud sites.

i want to remind everyone that both of these plants are being grown under 840 watts of walmart’s finest screw-in led bulbs.

still 40 2700k and 20 5000k bulbs in each.

looking at plants A and B you can see that plant B has more branches and a tighter structure. it is what i call a “busy” plant.

i caused the tighter structure on plant B by giving it too much overall light in early veg.

both plants were getting the same spot readings at the top dead center but
B was getting almost twice the total wattage if that makes sense.

it probably will not yield as much as i have had to remove a lot more material from it.

the A plant is shaped better. it has spread out better.

so i have to apologize to josh@bluestarseedco.com for messing up the plant.

in retrospect, both were flipped too late to grow them as a compact bush. i should have flipped this plant at 3 weeks instead of 30 days.

next time!

please reverse plant A and B for the right pics, for some reason they uploaded out of order.

probably operator error!

btw, it stinks real good!

12 Likes

Very nice, love the clean setup

4 Likes

There are no mistakes my brother. Only learning and improving from what we learned. They are going to produce some extremely aromatic head stash quality in your care.

11 Likes

time for the weekend update. yesterday was the end of week 7 and 20 days into flower.

these shots are just one plant and a day late because of the holidays.

your are looking at a plant that is receiving about 1350 umols of light for 12 hours each day.

which is about 58.32 moles per period.

still no solution removed, only input.

ya’ll have a good un!

i forgot to mention that you don’t have to rub stems anymore, the whole room smells like it.

Attachments

10 Likes