Meesh's 2019 Outdoor Grow Show

Since the soil has been amended per the soil test, the first of the humus drenches is next week. I’m thinking that the soil should have everything it needs so I should just be giving it “vitamins” so to speak from here until next years soil test. Correct?

3 Likes

Hey, sweet! Mind if I tag along? Got my :popcorn: ready :grinning:

3 Likes

You should be good to go in the soil department…if nothing else you could find natural insect repellant plants and flowers but it seems you’ll do just fine as always

3 Likes

I meant to add that I am gonna germ some marigolds in the beds as companions and such once I transplant. I stuck a chamomile plant I had from the greenhouse in there for now. I couldn’t stand to see it empty once it was finally finished. It’s like the lone ranger out there lol

3 Likes

Lol right… I like everything in my life to have a pair…one of my things… Every Melody must have it’s harmony lol

I love marigolds… they stink but they keep the crawlies away

2 Likes

Also, the crabgrass in the front side of the planter will go either tmw or this weekend. All the tools have been sitting in that spot on the side for awhile as we worked in the garden. I’m gonna clear it out and pull the weeds and bits of grass so that shit doesn’t grow into the planter and throw rocks down in that space.

2 Likes

I am looking forward to seeing the grass grow in Cali… and I get to learn more about organics along the way…

Your hard work will pay off.

Peace
DaFozz

7 Likes

Pulling up my chair… exciting times ahead for you hehe …
I’ve found fennel and coriander to be great companions to keep them bugs away. Also worm wood is a good investment for gardens … you can boil a few branches up and apply as a foliar to keep them critters as bay. Also found that fpj foliar helped a lot with craperpillars

4 Likes

So nice to grass growing. Would guess latitude in the Mid 40N’s.
Pretty nice growing conditions and you have a great following here.
Nice dog too. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Don’t forget the mints of coarse put them darn things in pots due to there spreading nature I hear rosemary is good as well garlic and chives too.

4 Likes

Yeah found mint does well when planted close to the plants… keeps a lot of nasty crawlers away… good one :grin:… and lavender does a great job too as a perimeter guard

4 Likes

Ha! Literally just planted some white lavender in a cinder block that I put at one edge about 10 mins ago. Put lemon balm in another one as it is also in the mint family

3 Likes

A few small sprouts of clover are coming up in the planters. Here’s a shot of the auto babies. The others I’m still waiting on to sprout

15 Likes

DBHP and Original skunk coming through. The sunshine daydream though, a cracked seed came up to the surface. I don’t know if it has a taproot as I don’t want to dislodge it if it does. Think I should just pop another one?

12 Likes

Give it a little bit In a day it will look easier to remove maybe less. Eventually it would make it I suspect by itself but I have been known to help them along …but in your case not yet.

4 Likes

Seeing a hint of the Jungle Spice as well. I swear in the 10 mins since I posted this the SSDD has almost dropped half a shell off. This is one of my favorite parts of growing anything, watching them come out of the soil. It always seems to be at the same time of the day here too. If it weren’t daylight saving time @ 4 pm. It’s cool that when you catch the first glimpses you can practically watch them finish coming up within a few hours.

11 Likes

I just noticed that you can see the stem under that SSDD in the pic. With no glasses on out there it looked like the seed was just sitting on top! Aha! Magnification is awesome, especially for blind old lady’s like me!

7 Likes

All sprouts are up except the cherry berry white. I’ll give it one more day then start a new one.

Sprayed all my outdoor plants down with neem oil. Looks like my sprayer can never be used for anything else. That oil sticks hard core. The last few times I was able to wash it out even though the bottle still had a slight smell. Disgusting Indian Food Farts. It’s so rank. This time I rinsed and rinsed and I can’t get everything out. It’s soaking now, but I don’t see much hope. Hate neem time. Can’t get that smell out of my nostrils for hours after.

3 Likes

I don’t mind the smell too much, but I did end up having to make one of my sprayers single-purpose after using it to spray neem. Kind of sucks now, because I don’t use neem anymore :frowning2:

2 Likes

I’ve become very frustrated with the earwigs in my backyard. They are eating everything. To be honest, I almost want to chemically spray. I have to replant some stuff because of them. I could set traps, but I would need like 50 of them,everyday and I’m not sure that I can handle dealing with dumping the traps. I really really don’t want to kill any bees though. It sucks.

6 Likes