Meesh's Winter Greenhouse Grow

Ya I think thatā€™s the 500 size or 1/2 liter iirc

1 Like

Yes, malted means they sprout it then dry it in a kiln to halt the process at peak enzyme activity. Itā€™s not ground and looks very similar to barley seeds. This is used to brew beer and they have it down to a science. You want a basic two-row malted barley.

Itā€™s way faster and easier than sprouting it myself. I have done both. I grind it right before use in an old coffee grinder, sprinkle it on top and water in with some fulvic and aloe.

6 Likes

Do you do this weekly?

1 Like

I have always used barley for beer, so it doesnā€™t really matter, but how do you dry the barley, after the soak, to prevent mold? If it is dried too slow, it can.

Yeah, once a week is about right. I use about a tablespoon per 5-gallons of media.

When I sprout them myself, I simply grind them with some water and a submersion blender. Strain and use that with my water. I dont dry it when I sprout it myself.

4 Likes

:sweat_smile: ā€¦and Iā€™d love to deliver! :laughing: rewatching that one didnā€™t help me.

Maybe I should clarify; Applying MammothP regularly is akin to fertilizing in that youā€™re putting more stuff in there than otherwise would be there. In this case itā€™s their 4 PSBs they found in native US soils & isolated based on performance. So when you dump them on the plant it should get more P than w/o it.

hereā€™s a newer one to check out:

and me older stuff:

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Wednesday is watering day. All the girls got a light feed with MegaCrop and the experimental 2 got weekly Mammoth P doseā€¦ Fem mix with P has preflowers forming. Iā€™ve been putting them all out in the direct sun for at least a week or so now during the day. I put them back in the greenhouse at about 4 pm every day.

6 Likes

Your drinking water supply is falling on my house. :neutral_face: Jus sayinā€™

:evergreen_tree: :cloud_rain:

5 Likes

Wednesday is watering day at your house then too, I take it? :joy:

3 Likes

Raining today, so group shot

Back left, DD no P, fem mix with P in the front. That one DD hardly has leaves. Just didnā€™t grow any.

11 Likes

They are all winter mini meā€™s, but everything out there looks super happy and healthy today after their feed. Iā€™m gonna run a new set of autos in the veggie patch when I do the spring planting just to see if it was the amount of sun hours stunting them (probably). We still donā€™t even have 12 hrs for maybe 2 more weeks.

@ReikoX is that fem mix an Indica dom?

8 Likes

Itā€™s a milti-poly-hybrid, that being said all the ā€œfemalesā€ were Divyders and they do stay short. :+1::seedling:

3 Likes

Since Iā€™ve only grown Blue Dream in the past (regulars and autos) thatā€™s the only strain I have to compare these to. Anyway, it doesnā€™t seem like these are heavy feeders, so far they are about the same as the Blue Dream. I suppose I will really find out when they are in full flower, but at this point they donā€™t seem to be unusually hungry. My 3 starter cherry tomatoes want more nutes than these 3. Man am I gonna learn a lot about nutrients once I put these darn tomatoes in the ground in a couple weeks. I have a feeling I will have to Cal/Mag the hell out of them. lol

Edit: Wait! I have to Cal/Mag the hell outta my veggie patch and flower beds anyway according to the soil test. Still tomatoes are hungry little suckers so far.

6 Likes

Cuz purple!

14 Likes

The sunshine looks really nice :+1:!

4 Likes

The sunshine was short livedā€¦ got a storm rolling inā€¦

2 Likes

Plants are on autopilot. LITFA has been the theme for this grow so far. I pull them out of the greenhouse every day for sunlight, poke at their soil, give them a bit to drink every once in awhile and feed them on Wednesdays. So far, easy peasy.
:smiley::sunny:

7 Likes

First DD above looks healthy, second is the non productive leaf crinkle mutant, I usually pull them and advise others the same.

As for autos in general they do really well so long as they start well, cause if they get held back or have issues early on then by the time they switch over to flower mode they donā€™t have much of a root system to go off of.

But hey only one way to get better with them and thatā€™s to grow them :wink:

7 Likes

Would have been more helpful about a month ago @Mr.Sparkle lolā€¦ but thanks for letting me know!

Well folks, you heard the manā€¦that concludes the experiment portion of this growā€¦ Iā€™m gonna just continue on and feed all of them Mammoth P, since my experimental plant is a ā€œleaf crinkle mutantā€ per Mr. Sparkle. Gonna finish growing it anyway, been this longā€¦ I will attempt another Mammoth P comparison directly in the veggie patch in a week or two.

6 Likes

Feed dayā€¦ even the mutant is catching up in height

10 Likes