Mel franks GDP run

The gdp I had was not legit as I suspected , zero purple and zero gdp smell or taste , hope somebody else is able to find and preserve a good gdp.

10 Likes

Cloner?!? I’ve never used one lol. Had better results than my buddy that did.
Do you have a good sized plastic jar or container and peat/coco plugs, Or even rock wool?

14 Likes

My hope was with making more seeds, but perhaps I’ve found my first mother plant, my guess Is I should throw her back in the veg side and start taking clones, although I’ve been curious on regreening the plant after harvest. We shall see where my motivations take me

7 Likes

I’ve got grodan cubes and plastic jars. And that seems like a pretty slick idea when it comes to work with what you have. I am starting to see that’s actually something I could do and not over think it. As I’ve spent a hour on amazon looking at cloners.

9 Likes

I know the legit clone was still around about 12 years ago , if anybody gets there hands on her I have some cherry pie x candyland seeds I’d donate for a backcross I’m going to focus on landraces and my kush obsession

7 Likes

Except don’t give them as much light as I did in that pic, those took too long to root and ended up yellowing

4 Likes

I see it on the clone conservatory… course I have no idea about legitimately. But I’m browsing it right now :smiling_imp:

1 Like

They seem to have alot of elites listed , it’s not one that is faked as often as others so maybe but who knows. Should be a super compact short plant with dark purple nugs and green leaves.

3 Likes

Yea… I got my stimulus and thinking about getting some stuff… dangerous grounds but I already have a quarantine tent set up for stuff I just got on Friday…

4 Likes

So I took the grodan cubes, soil balance pro, and clonex. I have 6 gdp cuttings 4 midnight frost, 2 fruity kush and 3 old time moonshine. Be my first go. Using a humidity dome and the tray I use for the 36 pot seed starter. Let’s see how this goes.

7 Likes

And to clarify I used the soil balance as a soak and the clonex for dip.

19 Likes

Nice, that will work. Just mist the cover once and leave it. As long as there’s condensation on the sides, it will be humid enough. The key is to not leave them too wet, or give too much light. Keep them warm.

8 Likes

Rock on. I may have gone a little over board with the water. So I won’t be spraying for a while then. I kinda wasn’t sure and soaked the cubes. Sprayed the plants. Not a puddle but I wet things down. I made sure to cut all the leaves so it would want to root instead of shoot. These are taken from early flower also and some of the cuts seem less than ideal. But I followed what I’ve read in Robert Connell Clark’s the propagation and breeding of distinctive cannabis. And in that he uses a wet paper towel and soil. So I’m curious with all these “boosters” what the outcome Is

9 Likes

I bet you do surpsingly well have most root

3 Likes

Don’t spray the plant, unless there is food in it like a foliar feed just spray the plastic.

6 Likes

I sprayed them down, opppa, and it was with water and the soil balance pro. Won’t do it again after this. I did look this morning and things are looking good.

6 Likes

After the third day, open it up and wipe the condensation off the sides, it’ll give them a little fresh air and allow them to dry ever so slightly while the water evaporates and dehumidifies them dome. If you don’t see condensation on the sides in an hour or so, mist the dome and put it right back on.

Actually, since you sprayed them and lids, I would double check to make sure it’s not too wet now. pick one up and kind of shake it, if there’s water dripping out, it’s too wet.

5 Likes

When i use to use rockwool cubes i would put about an inch of perlite in the bottom of the tray and some water. Not so much water that its above the top of the perlite. Sit the cubes on the perlite. If your dome fits nice and tight and you put a heat mat under the tray i did not have to mist my dome. Not that its a hassle to mist. It always worked well for me. Most strains rooted in under 10 days. Now i use a tray insert and rapid rooters with a quater inch or so of water in the tray. Works just as well and not as messy as the perlite. T5s way above the plants works best in my opinion. Or if you dont have the height off to the side of the lamp is a good option too. If you see the cuts reaching for the light (off to the side) then its too intense still. Rooting cuts is easier then it sounds even under unfavorable conditions.

8 Likes

Night 1 complete. I gave them 6 hours of dark and looked at them. All looks to be doing ok. I’ll see how they look in the morning. Tray isn’t wet. Decent humidity in the dome. I popped it off quick just to take a good look and verify they looked alive.

10 Likes

Looking good. There’s enough air space that you could prob just leave them be until they’re rooted. LITFA for now. Once you see roots, keep the cubes moist and open those vents a little bit each day till there’s no condensation but the leaves don’t droop, then plant them.
I personally don’t have the dome with little vents, so I plant them when I see roots, water well, then place another plastic container (usually a take out soup container) over the clone as a small dome for a day or so.

4 Likes