Mel franks GDP run

Almost can’t believe that you haven’t topped them. I’m loving how they seem to be so intent on having a flat canopy on their own. By now to get that I would have to of flopped a top or two or top them to get plants looking this uniform. Keep up the good work

7 Likes

Can’t believe those were not topped either. That’s a great natural structure forming. Would love to scrog that thing.

Everything’s looking nice and healthy. Keep up the great work :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s come crazy branching! May need a scrog net or trellis.

3 Likes

I’m quite impressed with the structure of this plant. First one in forever that new branches excels and keeps up with the rest. Scrog maybe best as I’m sure this gal is a bit confined In her 1 gal bucket. I’m positive I can break my 2oz per gal best with this lady. But the. Again she’s flowering slow so maybe will Be best to not count my ducks before I have them in a row.

9 Likes

Really?!? My intention is to find a keeper of several different strains so I can always have a variety of my favorites. Plus great to have clones to fill gaps from culled males in the new batch of seed plants. When I start to make seeds, I’m collecting pollen in a separate room and keeping bonsai clones of select males. I’m going to need a few more tents lol.

7 Likes

Yeah I would clone and keep it around solely because it’s from Mel Frank, going to be hard pressed to pick up those genetics again. But from the looks of it, I’d clone them even if they weren’t from Mel :sweat_smile:

I had good luck taking a clone from a seeded girl 8 weeks into flower. Just snipped the cola and enough stem off a side branch to stick it in an aerocloner for about 6 weeks before it finally put out roots. Transferred her to a solo cup and it’s chugging along with a ton of new reveg branches from the original bud. Couple days from first real leaves coming in. You may be able to do the same :+1:

10 Likes

Deffinetly take clones gotta preserve those mothers just incase. I litterally just stick stems in promix and put a large zip lock bag over and spray it periodically. Works surprisingly well.

8 Likes

That’s awesome to hear. Now to build a cloner or buy a cloner is the question, I’ve even seen aloe used, haha the motivation I needed to start another project! I really just haven’t ever had the need or want, variety is the spice of life, and natures cycles are like the wind, they may feel the same but they are not the same. Lol I just have a yearning for more of this girl I can feel it.

8 Likes

The gdp I had was not legit as I suspected , zero purple and zero gdp smell or taste , hope somebody else is able to find and preserve a good gdp.

10 Likes

Cloner?!? I’ve never used one lol. Had better results than my buddy that did.
Do you have a good sized plastic jar or container and peat/coco plugs, Or even rock wool?

14 Likes

My hope was with making more seeds, but perhaps I’ve found my first mother plant, my guess Is I should throw her back in the veg side and start taking clones, although I’ve been curious on regreening the plant after harvest. We shall see where my motivations take me

7 Likes

I’ve got grodan cubes and plastic jars. And that seems like a pretty slick idea when it comes to work with what you have. I am starting to see that’s actually something I could do and not over think it. As I’ve spent a hour on amazon looking at cloners.

9 Likes

I know the legit clone was still around about 12 years ago , if anybody gets there hands on her I have some cherry pie x candyland seeds I’d donate for a backcross I’m going to focus on landraces and my kush obsession

7 Likes

Except don’t give them as much light as I did in that pic, those took too long to root and ended up yellowing

4 Likes

I see it on the clone conservatory… course I have no idea about legitimately. But I’m browsing it right now :smiling_imp:

1 Like

They seem to have alot of elites listed , it’s not one that is faked as often as others so maybe but who knows. Should be a super compact short plant with dark purple nugs and green leaves.

3 Likes

Yea… I got my stimulus and thinking about getting some stuff… dangerous grounds but I already have a quarantine tent set up for stuff I just got on Friday…

4 Likes

So I took the grodan cubes, soil balance pro, and clonex. I have 6 gdp cuttings 4 midnight frost, 2 fruity kush and 3 old time moonshine. Be my first go. Using a humidity dome and the tray I use for the 36 pot seed starter. Let’s see how this goes.

7 Likes

And to clarify I used the soil balance as a soak and the clonex for dip.

19 Likes

Nice, that will work. Just mist the cover once and leave it. As long as there’s condensation on the sides, it will be humid enough. The key is to not leave them too wet, or give too much light. Keep them warm.

8 Likes