Mel franks GDP run

28 yr friendship .
Saved my ass 1 time.

Check this shit my old profile
Email them today trying to get a couple old photo

3 Likes

I’d be stopping in for a few roller coaster rides while high before picking up the clones. Been a few years since I was at 6 flags .

3 Likes

Trying to get in there right now is a mess.
With the whole covid protocol im cool.
Did u see Disneyland 1 person an parking is almost 200

5 Likes

Time for a resurrection of this thread. Full moon, F3 season here we come!!!

9 Likes

Sounds Good!

:green_heart: :seedling:

4 Likes

Seed finder posts a lot of false lineages, I’ve had them incorrectly list strains I’ve submitted and they won’t fix it. There customer service is lacking in that department in a major way. Seed finder is user submitted data and is subject to what ever the person submitting it says , then they link what they can after that. I listed a strain that is crossed to a heirloom old skunk plant and they listed it as skunk 1. Skunk 1 is what Dave flooded the world with and has nothing to do with the plant I have besides his claims of relation. Seed finder won’t fix it.I also named a strain something it turned out was already a name in use and asked to change it , they won’t do that either. I can’t edit my own listings and they won’t help with that either. I’ve grown both gdp and grape ape during there original debuts in the medical scene and they are not the same plant. GDP comes from covelo and is most likely salmon creek big bud crossed to mendo purps , purple kush, or one of the other popular purples from that time. Grape ape is apothecary they are two totally different groups of people.
Ironically I have nicks cut of runtz and I am about to get rid of her, never was a big fan I thought the original zkittlez was better, the runtz is prettier and a little more potent but the yield sucks.

9 Likes

Big :heart: For the GDP!

3 Likes

I got a pack of GDP from BOEL labeled as “1980’s GDP”
So, it was an established like that other people threw their name onto and created their own stories to sell seeds.

I know the missing link in GDP is Paktika province Afghan.
I dont know if its something crossed with Paktika, or just pure paktika. But Paktika is the backbone.
Its been around for a long time. As far as relation to Urkle and all the others, I dont know. All I was told was concerning Paktika. Its the SE province at the Paki border.

As far as Ken’s story, its just a story and he really just bottle-necked the line.

Fast forward … My buddy got GDP in 2001 and then brought back seeds from Paktika during one of his tours over there(2003-04). He said they were somewhat identical. This buddy of mine did a few OP’s and spread the seeds around Mendo/Lake counties.
I was given “GDP purple” “GDP Red” “GDP Black” “GDP Green”.
I havent seen this variation in other peoples’ GDP line.
Unfortunately he and I both lost those seeds. The farm in Mendo that was running the line and doing another OP got raided around 2018.

Once I get to the BOEL line of GDP, I’ll pass out cuts to be OP’ed by others. Just not sure when I’ll be popping them.

16 Likes

I’m a little embarrassed to admit I had no clue of the pedigree on the GDP, even more intriguing hearing about it

4 Likes

That’s a fairly new map, and provence would be different prior to USSR arrival.

4 Likes

Heres two “maps” from some bazaars in Afghanistan from early GWOT era

edited

8 Likes

Temporary respite.

I m running 00seeds GDP , I m working on getting so more gdp seeds so I can do a run . I have some JP gdp seeds. I d love to get some of ken Estes too. This is a cool thread.

4 Likes

I’ve got a few GDP going.
Mostly the Red pheno line-bred from the original pre-Ken like out of Mendo.
Also have a couple GDP x Purple Kush.

4 Likes

This is the start of round two, I popped the last two GDP seeds I had from the first AG seed co release from Mel Frank, and they are looking identical to the ones from before. They say knee high by July. Well these are head high by the first of June so it should be good to get big, fingers crossed I want twelve feet lol.

I also have an abuelas cut of GDP I got which I will be comparing the two for similarities.

I also have some Old Time Moonshine going. I got two plants from the seeds I got from @Blue_Star_Seed_Co
And hope to be making the Purple Moonshine V2 as well as a Purple Moonshine BX and a Fem Purple Moonshine also, but I’m gonna do that one a little different then you’d think

14 Likes

Looks like a fun run. Hope your grow goes well. :metal:

2 Likes

I’ll have to get a update shot tomorrow but we started flower. Things are looking good!

5 Likes

Well site update killed my ability to upload from my phone easy and also so I can’t do more than one photo at a time. Kinda stinks. But here is the girls in the wind. I would of posted more but I can’t get it to work in my favor lol.

9 Likes

what are your findings so far? leaf shape, structure etc?

2 Likes