Mel franks GDP run

Rock on. I may have gone a little over board with the water. So I won’t be spraying for a while then. I kinda wasn’t sure and soaked the cubes. Sprayed the plants. Not a puddle but I wet things down. I made sure to cut all the leaves so it would want to root instead of shoot. These are taken from early flower also and some of the cuts seem less than ideal. But I followed what I’ve read in Robert Connell Clark’s the propagation and breeding of distinctive cannabis. And in that he uses a wet paper towel and soil. So I’m curious with all these “boosters” what the outcome Is

9 Likes

I bet you do surpsingly well have most root

3 Likes

Don’t spray the plant, unless there is food in it like a foliar feed just spray the plastic.

6 Likes

I sprayed them down, opppa, and it was with water and the soil balance pro. Won’t do it again after this. I did look this morning and things are looking good.

6 Likes

After the third day, open it up and wipe the condensation off the sides, it’ll give them a little fresh air and allow them to dry ever so slightly while the water evaporates and dehumidifies them dome. If you don’t see condensation on the sides in an hour or so, mist the dome and put it right back on.

Actually, since you sprayed them and lids, I would double check to make sure it’s not too wet now. pick one up and kind of shake it, if there’s water dripping out, it’s too wet.

5 Likes

When i use to use rockwool cubes i would put about an inch of perlite in the bottom of the tray and some water. Not so much water that its above the top of the perlite. Sit the cubes on the perlite. If your dome fits nice and tight and you put a heat mat under the tray i did not have to mist my dome. Not that its a hassle to mist. It always worked well for me. Most strains rooted in under 10 days. Now i use a tray insert and rapid rooters with a quater inch or so of water in the tray. Works just as well and not as messy as the perlite. T5s way above the plants works best in my opinion. Or if you dont have the height off to the side of the lamp is a good option too. If you see the cuts reaching for the light (off to the side) then its too intense still. Rooting cuts is easier then it sounds even under unfavorable conditions.

8 Likes

Night 1 complete. I gave them 6 hours of dark and looked at them. All looks to be doing ok. I’ll see how they look in the morning. Tray isn’t wet. Decent humidity in the dome. I popped it off quick just to take a good look and verify they looked alive.

10 Likes

Looking good. There’s enough air space that you could prob just leave them be until they’re rooted. LITFA for now. Once you see roots, keep the cubes moist and open those vents a little bit each day till there’s no condensation but the leaves don’t droop, then plant them.
I personally don’t have the dome with little vents, so I plant them when I see roots, water well, then place another plastic container (usually a take out soup container) over the clone as a small dome for a day or so.

4 Likes

They were the last stimulus check purchase. They were a lot of 10 trays, inserts, and covers for $30. They are working well and glad they are multi use. I got worried about maybe over soaking them but seems like all sorted itself out.
There is a rather small one that I’m curious to see what happens. And it looks like maybe it’s seeds development in some of the cuts as well lol. Very curious what that will do.

8 Likes

So they will have to reveg, I had some success with that, the growth will be stalled and the first leave and branches will be kinda weird and random.

6 Likes

In the 209 it was everywhere…i wanna say i smoked gdp in 2002 03 and it use to be so fire…havnt seen no gdp in past 15 years…good luck ill be following along

4 Likes

I figured it might be a struggle there are a few node that had just started some growths so I’m hoping they will take over.

6 Likes

Yep I spent alot of time living in that area code.

4 Likes

It will take a while to clone while revegging. But eventually they will make it. I usually find if they still look good after 3 days, they usually make it for me. I use the same domes you do, just I use promix as my medium as it’s what I have around. I usually top mine to help encourage growth downward. But it’s not necessary. I even took clones this year from outdoor in flower, barely gave them care and all but 1 strain was fine. But to be fair that strain always hates cloning for me.

5 Likes

Clones still looking good. Some of the top growth seems to be pivoting towards the Lights. Idk it’s a 6400k 24w led with maybe 40 diodes. It’s two and some change feet above the plants.

2 Likes

At that distance it may be ok… but they really shouldn’t get too much light. I use to just use a 23w cfl about a foot over them. Now with basically in the off spilled light from two 9w LEDs
At that spot, my last set of cuttings had roots poking out by day 7, same as when I used the cfl 12-15yrs ago.

12 Likes

That’s my concern is the too much light. And the other is that the midnight frost is slow to put on leave. If this goes well I will adjust the height next time further up and see if I get roots quicker.

5 Likes

If your concerned, put a piece of white paper over the top, act as a diffuser and cuts the light significantly

4 Likes

Those plants look really healthy, I cut the leaves on mine to get the plant to want to root instead of shoot. I’ve seen a few folks do it and after taking a tissue culture class it makes sense.

2 Likes

Those are my manifold plants lol. For cuttings, I always cut the leaves in half. The cutting I’m talking about are in the jar to the right, almost in the shadows.

2 Likes