Merry Christmas, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, Yuletide 2023 to all in OG! What are YOU doing?

Hey All!
Happiest of Holidays to You- Our OG Family!
I know everyone is busy prepping, wrapping, shopping, or steadying your nerves for that once-a-year-gotta-deal-with-so-and-so gathering!

So-- if you have the time- show and tell!
What are YOU up to??
:heart: :santa: HUGGZ!! :santa: :heart:

28 Likes

@Rena93 and I are going to be making an ungodly amount of peanut clusters right now. haha

Presents are already wrapped so… :white_check_mark: :checkered_flag:

What are you and @Draig up to?

9 Likes

So-- here’s what I did tonight after finishing the shopping…

stage one

Xmas goodies stage 1 day 1

Oh-- from L-to-R…
(A) Chocolate fudge 1/3 with Andes Peppermint on it, 1/3 plain, and 1/3 with toasted walnuts.
(B) Christmas Bark which is melted dark, semi-sweet, milk and white chocolate topped with gingerbread, candy canes, decorative marshmallows, M&M’S and glitter sprinkles…
And
( C) Cherry Vanilla Fudge- one with toasted walnuts.

18 Likes

fun with the kiddos

20 Likes

Gingerbread man, “my knee hurts!” Doctor, " put some icing on it!". Merry Christmas All yall.

8 Likes

I made mashed potatos…?

With:

Cabbage, Onion, garlic and herb cream cheese & butter.

It’s “Festive” I swear!

10 Likes

Fixing my tree endlessly from the kitty :smiley_cat: :deciduous_tree:

7 Likes

Cookin a turkey and the fixins

4 Likes

Draig and our Son are staying out of my way (yes-- I get cranky when I feel overwhelmed a bit) and are watching old Adams Family and Munster’s reruns… Our Daughter is in her 'Cave of Solitude" on line with about 10 of her friends around the world in a V.R Christmas dance Party!!
I will be cooking and cleaning until Sunday evening…maybe some Art or Writing as a break.
We don’t do much for Christmas-- a nice dinner, Christmas shows and board games etc. with the kids. All our people live 3+ hours away, and Draig has not recovered enough to make the trip- let alone deal with all the people! (Me either!) :heart: :santa: :+1:

6 Likes

I have a friend who built a special Xmas tree with ta cat tower inside it…and just lights with plastic ornaments. Was ingenious! :heart: :+1:

3 Likes

Next year I’m hanging it from the vaulted ceiling lmao

3 Likes

Lol my daughter has a Dungeon

4 Likes

I think every parent should establish a ‘‘Teen Zone’’ where they can go, hang out, and be left alone-- and leave us in peace!! LOL!

3 Likes

Making cookies listening to music wrapping gifts = very chill and pleasant

Peace and love to you all

13 Likes

Just trying to survive this year! If I make it through I’ll have to make the next better

2 Likes

Hanukkah’s already come and gone. I made an ungodly number of latkes (or maybe’s it’s extremely godly given the nature of the holiday) for a party that never happened. We were setting up for the party and my younger daughter went from seeming a little off to shaking and looking supersick, so we cancelled rather than spreading it.

But hey, Christmas still to come. Whirlwind of visiting family.

And man, as usual there’s this weird dust that gets kicked up into the air every year whenever Vermont Public Radio airs readings of “Favor Johnson,” so hard to get it out of my eyes.

5 Likes

Zoey is really getting into the Christmas spirit this year. He hasnt taken that stupid hat off for a whole week.

12 Likes

haven’t done traditional christmas in years. probably going to a chinese buffet though.

8 Likes

The Jewish tradition!

Well, Jewish and anyone else who doesn’t celebrate Christmas and lives somewhere where everyone isn’t celebrating Christmas (so restaurants are open).

2 Likes

Chinese places are always open for Christmas :santa:. We had to go one time when my sister in law torch the dinner :shallow_pan_of_food: :wink:

5 Likes