Mia's grow journal

A course sifter is a good idea… 4 less-than-ideal soil… Thank you sir

1 Like

@mia, glad to see you getting your hands dirty. :seedling:

1 Like

Thank you, me too…

2 Likes

First of all, let me congratulate you on getting started to grow again. I envy your collection very much, in a good manner. Second, i think i liked the other name you had before you know…

“Mia” Change it back!!! LOL

Got my seeds today, thanks so much, and the drawing was particularly nice. Like it gave me a smile.

HppHrvst

4 Likes

I have to pick sticks and twigs out of my promix bx too kind of sucks but plants love it.

3 Likes

I don´t know how advanced you are, but it is a good idea to germinate the seeds in smaller pots (they grow faster that way, and you go up in size during veg). I don´t know how “hot” that soil mix is, but usually for a 1/1/1 mix of peat/perlite/humus+compost you also ammend with some kelp, neem meal, crab shell meal and gypsum. These are not expensive as guano and other stuff and go a long way.

If that White Shark is mychorrizae, you don´t need to mix it with the soil. Just pust some a bit below where you plant the seed, it spreads with the roots. All mychos not in contact with roots are wasted.

You can see some discussion about this on this thread:

I wish you success with your grows!

2 Likes

Yes, i think it adds aeration to the roots and the plants like that, imho.

2 Likes

all right, Have fun missy!:+1:

1 Like

Get your name back ! Mia remember me a girl that I used to play some online games with that I miss a lot).

I am not an expert on soil, the closest thing that I did to soil was actually “soil-less” (wormcastings mixed with tiny expanded clay and perlite, top fed by teas / water).
If I remember, the mix was 40% castings, 40% expanded clay, 20% perlite, good aeration because I was the overwater king and this made the things easier to me.

But there are a lot of good advice here.

1 Like

Glad you are putting some seeds to their best use…
:wink:
Wish you and the babies all the best.
Now let me grab some popcorn and take a comfy seat to watch the show… :slight_smile:
Ds

2 Likes

@mia… Don’t lie to me… Are you a unicorn?

Officially… I am a Pegasus… with a horn

3 Likes

You’re right, more rare and mythical. I’m sorry that I understated.

1 Like

1 Like

The hydroponic store I always went to has closed down… Now I have to order stuff online… Or Jimmy rig shit. I always grew in 2 gallon bags… Never in buckets like I just planted. These bags are for maple syrup trees. I will cut them in half … perforate them … And try them out

I like the two gallon grow bags because they had folded flat bottoms… these Maple bags will have a lot of creases in the bottom which I don’t like. That means a lot of the roots will creep into creases and not be surrounded by as much soil / nutrients

What I’m worried about now is pH balance… I have to get something to measure that

1 Like

Check out blue labs testing pens. Give those roots more room!!

1 Like

No big strides yet… just a few critical hog planted. Cut the maple syrup bags down… I used to grow in 2 gallon bags… By the time I harvested… I would pull the stock out of the bag… It would just be one big root ball!.. Now I need to order nutrients online…

1 Like

8 Likes