Mia's grow journal

@mia… Don’t lie to me… Are you a unicorn?

Officially… I am a Pegasus… with a horn

3 Likes

You’re right, more rare and mythical. I’m sorry that I understated.

1 Like

1 Like

The hydroponic store I always went to has closed down… Now I have to order stuff online… Or Jimmy rig shit. I always grew in 2 gallon bags… Never in buckets like I just planted. These bags are for maple syrup trees. I will cut them in half … perforate them … And try them out

I like the two gallon grow bags because they had folded flat bottoms… these Maple bags will have a lot of creases in the bottom which I don’t like. That means a lot of the roots will creep into creases and not be surrounded by as much soil / nutrients

What I’m worried about now is pH balance… I have to get something to measure that

1 Like

Check out blue labs testing pens. Give those roots more room!!

1 Like

No big strides yet… just a few critical hog planted. Cut the maple syrup bags down… I used to grow in 2 gallon bags… By the time I harvested… I would pull the stock out of the bag… It would just be one big root ball!.. Now I need to order nutrients online…

1 Like

8 Likes

if you still need to order nutrients i’d recommend MEGACROP it’s a complete one part nutrient, nothing else needed, and you can get a free 230g bag for the price of shipping to try it out

3 Likes

Great advice… I’m trying to keep it simple over here… LOL

1 Like

yes KISS is always a good idea, i plan on buying a large bag once my maxibloom runs out it’s just $50 shipping for the big bag to canada :frowning: the guys been looking for a canadian distributor

1 Like

few more beans planted today :-)…

3 Likes

6 Likes

like I said… Working with what I have… I threw in rooting powder into the soil mix… Why not?.. Also… My city water is highly chlorinated… Either I spend a lot of money on bottled water or I have to leave buckets of water out for 24 hours to let the chlorine evaporate… Or… Use declorin ization drops for fish tanks, if I’m time constrained

2 Likes

I also took a shit in the soil mix bucket… That’s good fertilizer… Right?

4 Likes

a little bit of chlorine is good for your plants, probably not for microbial life but you’re not running organics or ROLS or notill so it should be fine. also, chlorine will evaporate but i believe most places use chloramine now which will not evaporate out iirc

edit: they use chlorine so it will evaporate if you want. PH seems high in your area (8.3 avg, high over 9). they don’t list calcium or magnesium in the water quality report so not sure if you need to supplement, probably not on top of regular feeding

2 Likes

Very humble set up…but all my beans popped up. :blush: just watering with pure H2O so far … lights on 24/7… also took the next step and planted Bodhi beans tonight

… Dank Sinatra

13 Likes

Awesome news Mia, congratulations :slight_smile:

1 Like