Micro Growing with Mr. Sparkle *2018*

I’ve been using this method with success, gotta be careful though as a slip could mean a lost top!

2 Likes

Hey @Mr.Sparkle…here is an awsome super duper small microgrow auto picture for you…i have 2 of these…these are 2 autos “cant remember whos” that i forgot about and left outside in small jiffy pots forever…i just found them again and planted i to the ground…both are just 4.5 inches tall and in full flower mode…simply awsome…maybe i will get a joint each from them…

9 Likes

Thats a regular chapstick tube…im stocked…im goimg to take as much care as i can…i will dig them up and take a picture with a tape measure when they “2” are done…glad i stumbled back across them…had them hidden behind shed and found them when i was moving others…coooool micro outside.

2 Likes

11 Likes

haha thats awesome, now that you have planted them im sure they will get a tad bigger should still have a good 6+ weeks to go, they look happy.

Keep us updated :slight_smile:

1 Like

cool autoflowers @2tokejoke mine are showing up to 2-3 nodes and leaves indicating 3 blades,they’re not as healthy and as strong as your 3-4in autoflower what’s your secret ?

1 Like

@shroomgod…i dont realy have any secrets…lots of love and patience…i use off the shelf fertilizer…i use regular tap water…i dont have any meters or ph pens…
My number 1 secret is not a secret----But i keep my plants very very very close to the lights from seedling…i mean right under them…and as each plant begins to grow i lower the plants an inch or 2…my plants are never more than 10 inches from the lights.

2 Likes

@2tokejoke happy growing !

I have a pet peave or just an erk with long skinny whispy plants…ill throw them away if they grow lanky…if you keep them very close (but dont burn them )…they wont stretch they will just put their energy into maturing and making leaves…no energy wasted on trying to stretch for some light…thats about all i can say…and thank you for the admiration shroomgod

1 Like

Heres another picture of the trifoliate auto from @Mr.Sparkle…its growing great.couple weeks old

15 Likes

Yeah that plant is doing fine.

2 Likes

Day 62 from sprout, we are almost there.

I dropped the plants down yesterday morning by taking the lids off my reservoirs and emptying them out so its just hand watering till finish.
Reason why, i am trying and get some of the taller bud tops “front two plants” that were up in darker zones between the lights to finish up a bit better which they are already doing.

The back right sensitive/mutant plant will be coming down probably tomorrow, as its done.

16 Likes

Decided it was time to start the next batch.

Solo cups, and seeds in water :wink:

12 Likes

Best of luck to you man. I just seen ur last/current grow it’s incredible!

4 Likes

Thanks, it will be fun, actually looking forward to it , one cause its fun anyways but also due to this first trail run in the new cabinet i want to down grade the media volume size “550-750ml down to around 450ml”, so we will see how solo cups handle in this cabinet and if i get to train/ adjust them less in the process.

7 Likes

Day 63 from sprout “9 weeks”

Raised them up just for the picture, just to make a gif later potentially.

But the back right sensitive plant gets the chop today.

Came out pretty good, would love to get a group shot of all of them pulled out but tha’s not gonna happen due to there size and my lighting options.

22 Likes

12 Likes

Hey guys i was told root binding is bad for plants, and you want to avoid it at all costs.

Do you think this is root bound ? im slightly concerned that it might be…

13 Likes

Any reason your using the solo cups vs fabric pots now? I can’t imagine a difference in yield at all… fabric pots are easier to bottom feed, but nothing a few holes in the solo cup can’t fix. Just curious.

The roots are weird eh? It seems the inside is not rootbound but the exterior is. Perhaps it’s like how soil or coco can clump over time, and how a plant slides out of its pot when held upside down. There is more oxygen on the exterior due to the clumping.

this last round was yogurt containers filled between 550-750ml full, solos will be this round for Mad’s contest

But yes a couple of reasons.

Before i used the fabric pots specifically so i could bottom feed the plants and they would air prune, also had tall trays for them which limited evaporation. But the current setup more evaporation was happening through the walls of the pots than i would of liked, plus i wasn’t bottom feeding anymore, so decided to go to a solid pot which is easier to deal with too.

And the center is actually root bound, just look closely, its just a dense mass of roots interwoven into the coco, its just on the outside the roots have no where to go so they start to stack on top of each other causing the white walls

3 Likes