Micro Growing with Mr. Sparkle *2018*

That cross section pretty much sold me on coco. And that root mass is unreal, testament to the care you’ve given them.

2 Likes

Yup I’d agree massive root bound there ,when ever ya get root encircling the pot its root bound and time to go bigger I’d go back to fabrics so they can air prune, the plant will redirect its roots into uninhabited media areas and be able to utilize nutrient more efficiently!

1 Like

I think there’s more root mass there than ya think at least to the naked eye! Reasoning; your looking at a cross section of the roots ( the ends only) there and not a longitudinal section of the roots that’s my therory here!

1 Like

was a joke, but yeah i know they’re root bound. More a state of mind than a problem lol

6 Likes

My bad, I read it and took it literally. Lol

Can’t wait to see the harvest!

2 Likes

i’m gonna :nerd: out for a minute…

i think root-binding, encircling etc., isn’t inherently “bad”; it is however “limiting” in an obvious sense, but if that’s ignored and all other plant needs/root needs are optimal, then… your name is @Mr.Sparkle or you’re growing some other shit.

:wink:

heh

:evergreen_tree: <— some species PREFER confinement. weird.

3 Likes

The only real way to keep the plants small is ultimately root binding or limiting how much there roots can grow, cause otherwise they will grow as big as they can given all the factors that help them to do so.

12 Likes

Plant number two to come down day 64 for it

17 Likes

Can i move in and rent a room from you

4 Likes

@2tokejoke lol no spare rooms, plus you would be so scared by my lady and how ravenous she gets around food when she hungry, think you would cower in fear hahaha, plus don’t want all my bud to disappear even if im gonna have way more than i need for a good while :wink:

I’ll add a couple more pics for today.

Was just doing a quick wet weight, the tray is 235g of that 458g, so 223g wet and the plant yesterday which was the smallest came in at 160g wet.So i think i can safely assume gonna hit higher than the 1g/watt mark by a decent bit, which is F-ing awesome.

The very most top and left bud had a bit of minor surface mold on it, but mind you it was jammed right next to the carbon filter where there would of been next to no air flow, so its not unexpected that it happened. The green pheno plant still in the box also had a little on a similar no air bud, but hey most of all this is becoming resin anyways :wink:

oh and we have 3 tails growing out of the 4 seeds started the other day. So need to get things squared away and probably all chopped, cleaned and ready to go by tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest.

15 Likes

Ok let’s guess the dry weight of that 458g tray Im saying 138g dry/and cured! Anyone else want to play ?

2 Likes

as stated above, only 223g of that is the bud just fyi but i’ll revise your estimate to 67g if following the same percentage.

20-25% is typically more accurate percentage wise for dry weight vs wet from my experience

4 Likes

Oops misread my new calculation is 71g then!

And was that one plant right? I’m going with 30% on this run Lol

3 Likes

yeah that was for the plant pulled down today, yesterdays plant was 160grams wet, but it was also the smallest, with whats left i figure the green pheno will place a little heavier than the one from yesterday, and the big one is still left which will be heavier than the one pulled today.

all said and done with wet weights of two of the plants, im honestly thinking for everything at the end i’ll be in the 150-160+gram range off 99watts of 18/6 light

7 Likes

I will take the game further and estimate at 1.65 grams per watt. and an average of 41 grams per plant.

2 Likes

The last one popped so they are in coco today. Need to get some more trays later so i can get the cabinet cleaned out.

13 Likes

I just leave this here Day 65 for this one and the biggest in the cabinet, gonna pull the last one tomorrow.

26 Likes

My God that’s beautiful!

6 Likes

I am an atheist but I really do have to agree.

8 Likes

Still trimming but took this,needless to say im pretty happy and always amazed at what our plants can do.

25 Likes