Micro Growing with Mr. Sparkle *2018*

A Beaut.

Great photo skills, too! Are you using a flash for this?

1 Like

Damm that cola looks impressive!

1 Like

The final shots are just a overhead desklamp (8w led daylight bulb of glory) and a black velour back drop so just some cloth temporary pinned to my couch in my case lol.

I do adjust things a little in photo programs “using corel paint and photo right now” but its typically just to get the color back to more accurate as the 5000k bulb makes things go a little blue and my older cell isn’t that great at compensating for white balance.

Thanks everyone btw, i do appreciate the comment :grin: and feel honored by those playing with seeds i helped along.

9 Likes

Will also add these as well.

Just so people can see end of a little more aggressive “Flop” that was tied down afterwards and till the end.

So long as the pathways to transport water and nutrients ins’t affected to much, they could care less, and work at strengthening the week parts.

And the drying situation so far, with one plant to go. Guess its not the only thing drying in the photo which is tasty dill and oregano to restock my dried stuff.

21 Likes

I see that one is Blue Dream auto, what are the other 2?

…and really amazing results! I wouldn’t have believed it if I hadn’t seen it with my own eyes. You have skills with the LST technique, and you’re also great at explaining things in a way that’s easy to understand. This is one of the most fun threads to follow.

7 Likes

Wow man great job. And hmmm I wonder how long it takes to trim all that budda🤔

4 Likes

couldnt tell ya, but it’s about a month, month & a half’s meds at my rate. :wink:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Great respect @Mr.Sparkle. I was tempted last night to flop a couple of tops but just didn’t have the balls. The pics in your post have convinced me to “take the plunge” and flop ‘em. You’re an inspiration my friend.
:cowboy_hat_face: Is there a problem with flopping 3 weeks into flower?

5 Likes

I can answer this, None at all. We aren’t even breaking anything when we flop like this, just crush the stem between your fingers, rolling it back and forth between finger and thumb, then FLOP her on over. She might lose a day, at most. It’s @Mr.Sparkle that inspired me to start flopping as well. :smiley: You’re in good hands @oleskool830

Really heavy colas may need support, but I usually let the weight of the cola keep it where I laid it down.

8 Likes

Thanks for the shove @Jellypowered. If I remember correctly Sparky says pinch the stalk for a span of 2 or 3 inches and let it flop. Is that what you do basically? :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

I didn’t have a magic number, I usually only have to pinch 2 thumb widths or so, 2-3 inches sounds about right. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

They just got a major 3 week trim last night. Maybe I should give ‘em 2 or 3 days before “flopping”. Hey, has Sparky inspired a new term in cannabis cultivation? “Flopping” or has this been around for a long time? Sort of like “super cropping” I suppose. :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

I won’t speak for proper terminology but technically by flopping we are “Supercropping.” We’re just letting the plant naturally flop itself over due to the supercropping.

:smiley:

4 Likes

@oleskool830 jelly is right on all points in his response.

The reason i do the crushing over a bit wider area is its a more gentle curve and relieves stress in comparison to a sharp bend which may break the stem.

posted this pic elsewhere but its literally what happens to our stems usually a combinations of all.

As for the “Flopping” terminology really its just supercropping with some slight adjustments and possible added LST till things set in place.

I just prefer the term, as its literally what your doing “flopping tops”

And three weeks is fine, its later in flower where the plants won’t recover as quickly such as say 6+ weeks in on a 9 week strain the stem does not recover as quick and there is usually some decent weight forming so bonus helps them stay down, but you may get a sideways bud that starts reaching upwards as its growing out but up at the same time.

think a wind swept tree for example, just watch out for the balance of the plant obviously, the big plant i cut last night if the coco was dry and the big bud wasn’t resting against something would of fallen over in a heart beat, which it did twice while i was taking photos and trimming, so the big bud got chopped first.

12 Likes

Excellent @Mr.Sparkle! Great info going directly into oleskool’s Big Red Book of Aquired Knowledge!

4 Likes

Two are blue dream’matic’s the other two are my own crosses.

One being a Fastbuds - GirlScoutCookies crossed with some DarkDevil F1 pollen.

The other is ((Think Different x Dark Devil)x Cream Mandarin) really just a mash of things i liked.

7 Likes

Dinosaurs AND cannabis?? I gotta read that

2 Likes

And the last one at Day 66 from sprout. It went a little dry last night as i hadn’t been keeping up on the watering once the other plants had been removed “more heat”, so a few of the fan leaves go a little crispy.

This was the green pheno that showed a bit of color in the end, but i think more from the reduction of nutrients at the end than anything, well genetic as well of course.

19 Likes

@Mr.Sparkle that is an impressive show of some purple plants I did one back in the day from Dutch passion seed company I got seeds back went over grow was alive back then and even today over grow was still alive and giving out hundreds and thousands of seeds eventually to everybody’s community for growing plants were ever you see marijuana plants growing you’ll be reminded of overgrow.com

So anyways I had did a batch of purple star seeds I got from Dutch passion Amsterdam I grew these seeds they came out pretty decent so I ended up living at a buddies house sleeping on his couch and still I was running a business with my brother and we continue to run this business on so we were completely sold out that was the best part of it so even now today everybody grows marijuana like everybody around me is growing marijuana

2 Likes

The last plant all trimmed and ready for some drying. Lighter thrown in due to @Lucy247420 lol

But anyways interesting to note wet weights were as follow and in order from first chopped 160g, 223g, 234g, and 155g

So all in all 772g Wet for buds only. I think i may have smashed my previous bests for grams/watt but a big margin. Will be interesting to see what we get out of it.

Oh Im counting this day as day 0 for the next round in solo cups, as all have popped except one which will be out of its shell by tomorrow ;), also turned down the amperage on the ballast as its too warm for not having any foliage in the box.

14 Likes