Day 24 Plucked the top fan leaves as well now the lowers will fill out and take over and im just leaving them for here out for the most part, looks bare now but give it a week they will fill out. The Reversed DD is ready to burst, probably will have viable pollen by the end of the week which is early for the other plants but my plan was to save the pollen and dust the plants by brush anyways. But good thing i chopped down the other plant.
Need to do a res fill tonight as well as its empty and im not gonna be able to touch them for the next week or so which brings up a decision, but see below.
Day 11 for the 5 gal its looking decent and i should start the side lights shortly, the DarkDevil at the bottom is pale for whatever reason but its been that way from the start and some are just more yellow/purple pigments anyways. But a potential issue im noticing is slight salt build up in the coco, haven't measured runoff yet but i know its build up as the top most coco on only a couple piece there are some white spots "crystals" forming, its minor at the moment.
There are two reasons why i think its building up though. First is they have been getting pretty heavy feed for just seedlings so they were getting a good 200ppm/0.4ec more than what i typically feed them, and they just couldn't use it that fast due to their size. Second is possibly due to the lower air intakes i could be drying out the pots consistently before the plants can use the nutrients but my auto watering system has been keeping everything wet so some nutrient build up is occurring,
I can fix it a couple ways, one is i can flush with water and reflush once with feed water at normal feed rates, it will reset the media and bring it back to my feed water levels, but its a pretty heavy handed way to do it. Another is to just feed over the next week a little lower ec/ppm and have the plant reduce the salt leaves by itself but im not around to monitor if i need to increase the feed again. Or what im most likely gonna do is maybe do one watering with plain water then "do nothing" as with the plants being bigger they will start to consume more which will reduce the built up levels in the coco.
The mini bucket, did some more plucking, still needs another week at least and looks like a mess, but should get some nice extract from it. I may transfer it to the PC case for a couple days just for odor containment purposes as the mini doesn't have a carbon filter and i'm in late bloom, its not bad it just slightly noticeable walking through the door. But i may just make a small short lived filter tonight so it remains in the 1gal for the duration so as not to skew the final results of this.
And the dilemma as this came in today. Should i wait till i get back then try it in either the case or bucket while i have time to watch and adjust the feed rates if i notice some issues occur. Or should i just wing it and see what happens with a medium level feed of it for say the PC case as it needs a res fill tonight anyways, or swap out the buckets feed for it.
What do you think ? Obvious potential issues aside what do you think should test this nutrient, Case or Bucket ?