Micro Growing with Mr. Sparkle *2018*

using 10w of light that’s only about 70% efficient before even touching the led’s, no to mention the issues i doubt it.

Probably gonna be in the 4-6g range

3 Likes

Day 32 / 15

Bogan the “PC case” is doing well still underfed but i’m not concerned or have bothered upping the feed yet. The second batch of seedlings are starting to take off, and will be crowding each other out shortly. I will let them go as much as i can before i have to pluck fan leaves, and will start pulling the plants that i don’t like in a week or two. The DD in the back corner that’s getting reversed is starting to build some pollen sacs so i’m happy on that. But i will wait till they’re actually bigger, filling out and starting to drop pollen before i will say its been successful this time around. Especially with the issues and starting later than i wanted. The TDDDxCM has about 2 weeks left possibly as its still throwing out pistils, but is definitely starting to bulk up though, i’m including a close up shot in this update so you get to see it.

Mini Bucket is doing decent, though i should build a carbon filter for it as its actually starting to stinking up the place slightly even for its size. Which speaking of size, i’m including a shot of it outside the container, all said and done from the bottom of the reservoir to the top of the fan on the lid its about 14" total, with about 6" of that being actual above ground plant. All for fun and laughs.

Day 2 for the 5 gal bucket, should be interesting to see what happens. Still have the side lights off and will till about week 2 to plug them in. The watering is working fine so i’m not touching it unless its needed.

13 Likes

Day 35 / 18 Pc case is filling out, and the reversed DD is happily producing pollen sacs, still a ways off before they are ripe though, but by then i’ll have the TDDDxCM in the corner pulled which is good.

Took two pics today one before and after some pruning just to show. If i left the plants as is they would of started to bolt for the light int he next day or so and still will. They were crowding each other out stacking leaves and such, so this will slow them down a bit and will allow them to grow in a more cylinder fashion as well. Couple days won’t even notice.

The TDDDxCM didn’t need a prune but i just plucked the fan leaves that would be plucked shortly anyways, it has plenty of nutrients stored anyways and im not cutting the feed due to the other plants, plus i don’t usually anyways feedign right to the end.

That and im leaning towards keeping the center three Dark Devils for seed production and tossing the front left and right plants. As the center ones are the most uniform in their characteristics so far.

Mini bucket has about 2 weeks left, gonna be interesting what i get out of it, smells good though.

Day 5 for the 5 Gal bucket , things moving along still no side lights yet but still another week before i throw them on.

8 Likes

I’ll also add these’s tonight as well, here’s a shot of the reversed Dark Devil growing some pollen, a bit over 2 weeks into spraying but it was already flowering and i chopped it back.

And a close up shot of one of the TDDDxCM small buds throwing out some trichomes. I like the purple/red tinged edged on this mix.

r

13 Likes

Day 38/21 Reversed plant is filling out with pollen sacs, should have some opening in a week maybe less, down side the TDDDxCM needs a week or so more to finish. So gonna be gambiling, but even if some pistils get hit, the chop of the plant will happen so soon that no seeds will be able to even start to form.

Also all the DarkDevils filled out again, its like they weren’t even touched 3 days ago.

Mini Bucket is spotting pretty fierce but i just think it was latent damage from pH swings, and flushes a ways back, plus it only has about two weeks left so don’t really care. Still Smelling good though.

Day 8 For the 5 gal, looking decent so far the Dark Devil on the bottom is pretty pale in comparison, but some of them do that, also i do need to up the feed now. Watering is doing surprisingly good, and i still haven’t touched it yet.

7 Likes

I gotta make some small little grow bags for my bucket as well as my cabinet…

1 Like

Hey things are looking great man!

Question on the autos, I’m assuming when you use colloidal silver on them the seeds turn out 100% autos?

Yes and female as well, but depends on what i cross the pollen to. If its an auto pollinating another auto then the result will be female auto seeds. If its an auto pollinating a photoperiod or visa versa, then the seeds will be photoperiods for the first generation, but cross breeding those f1’s will result in roughly 25% being autos, being that its a recessive gene, but from there you can breed the auto gene in.

3 Likes

Don’t like to pluck if i don’t have too due to the leaves being the energy factory’s for the plant.

But was getting too crowded and the plants want to bolt, so plucked a single nodes worth of fan leaves on each plant, this will cause the lowers to catch up and grow more cylinder like, should pluck the top set of fan leaves as well but i don’t want to hinder them too much. As they will have more space eventually.

Before and after.

12 Likes

These girls in your pc case are dark devil, is that correct and your reversing one for pollen. That should make a lotta seeds huh…
Thanks for sharing this, I’m gonna try a seed run in the near future I think. Just not sure what I want to make.

2 Likes

Yep the plant in the back right has been reversed just waiting for the pollen sacs to develop. The other Dark Devils aren’t ready yet anyways.

But should be 150-300+ seeds per plant out of these 500ml pots, was planning on do some selections on the ones to be pollinated though, so may just end up with 1-3 plants if i follow through with that.

As for what to make, cross what you like and play around :wink:

2 Likes

Chopped the ((ThinkDifferent x DarkDevil) x Cream Mandarine) today at 8 weeks from seed. Still would of liked about 4 or so more days but i wasn’t going to be around/able to do so if i left it. So a tiny bit early but super sticky and nice otherwise.

Wet weight was around 51g so it will end up being around 10-12g dried

Chopped the plant before noticing my shots were a bit out of focus oh well, this being the best one.

20 Likes

Out of focus or not, your killing it man! Great looking buds

1 Like

i’m verbalizing my appreciation of this picture due to insufficient likes
two thumbs up :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

5 Likes

hahah thanks, should dry out nicely probably will get turned into shatter/wax alongside the minibucket but we will see.

Day 24 Plucked the top fan leaves as well now the lowers will fill out and take over and im just leaving them for here out for the most part, looks bare now but give it a week they will fill out. The Reversed DD is ready to burst, probably will have viable pollen by the end of the week which is early for the other plants but my plan was to save the pollen and dust the plants by brush anyways. But good thing i chopped down the other plant.

Need to do a res fill tonight as well as its empty and im not gonna be able to touch them for the next week or so which brings up a decision, but see below.

Day 11 for the 5 gal its looking decent and i should start the side lights shortly, the DarkDevil at the bottom is pale for whatever reason but its been that way from the start and some are just more yellow/purple pigments anyways. But a potential issue im noticing is slight salt build up in the coco, haven’t measured runoff yet but i know its build up as the top most coco on only a couple piece there are some white spots “crystals” forming, its minor at the moment.

There are two reasons why i think its building up though. First is they have been getting pretty heavy feed for just seedlings so they were getting a good 200ppm/0.4ec more than what i typically feed them, and they just couldn’t use it that fast due to their size. Second is possibly due to the lower air intakes i could be drying out the pots consistently before the plants can use the nutrients but my auto watering system has been keeping everything wet so some nutrient build up is occurring,

I can fix it a couple ways, one is i can flush with water and reflush once with feed water at normal feed rates, it will reset the media and bring it back to my feed water levels, but its a pretty heavy handed way to do it. Another is to just feed over the next week a little lower ec/ppm and have the plant reduce the salt leaves by itself but im not around to monitor if i need to increase the feed again. Or what im most likely gonna do is maybe do one watering with plain water then “do nothing” as with the plants being bigger they will start to consume more which will reduce the built up levels in the coco.

The mini bucket, did some more plucking, still needs another week at least and looks like a mess, but should get some nice extract from it. I may transfer it to the PC case for a couple days just for odor containment purposes as the mini doesn’t have a carbon filter and i’m in late bloom, its not bad it just slightly noticeable walking through the door. But i may just make a small short lived filter tonight so it remains in the 1gal for the duration so as not to skew the final results of this.

And the dilemma as this came in today. Should i wait till i get back then try it in either the case or bucket while i have time to watch and adjust the feed rates if i notice some issues occur. Or should i just wing it and see what happens with a medium level feed of it for say the PC case as it needs a res fill tonight anyways, or swap out the buckets feed for it.

What do you think ? Obvious potential issues aside what do you think should test this nutrient, Case or Bucket ?

8 Likes

I started my bucket with MegaCrop and today I started my cabinet with the same. I don’t see the point in switching nutes in the middle unless there is a problem with what your currently using on that grow. I’m really hopeful for this stuff as I was for maxigrow (which didn’t work for me) I really like the supposed simplicity. Whatever you decide, I look forward to your thoughts about it. It’s kinda scary for me this time because the seeds are so special this time having received them from friends who know how to grow them right…

2 Likes

Maxigro and Bloom has worked well for me over the years ive been using it, but i agree with you on the switching mid grow.

This is my though on it, the bucket is early enough that if i switched it will be pretty much running on the mega grow till finish which will be a good evaluation of it, but i risk not having a smooth run with it as its new.

Where as the PC even though it’s half way through it’s only a seed run currently, so if a mishap does occur its not that bad as the plants will still finish. Plus in a couple weeks i’ll be starting some new seeds to fill the space after i make plant selections so by then i’ll at least have a starting point to know where to aim for and those plants will be totally new plants will be completely run on the megacrop fro an evaluation.

1 Like

I started my clone nov29 (2016) on megacrop at a rate of 2 grams per gallon as well as 2 ml. liquid calmag per gallon today I’m using dry cal mag but still only at 3 gr. of megacrop per gal. total ppm.@740 only in the past few days has my green started to lighten so I’m about to up it to 4 gr. per gallon I’ve neither burnt any leaves or experienced any defiencies I’m a long time gh user mainly their 3-part & as of late been using floranova bloom & calmag as a stand alone nutes which I still use on my blackjack but right when I flipped tried greenleaf bud explosion additive with the floranova I’m pretty sure you’ve seen both grows here the candyland is megacrop fed & the blackjack is gh fed

1 Like

I would play it safe and wait until you are around to make adjustments.

1 Like