Micro Growing with Mr. Sparkle *2018*

Just looked at that stuff yeah straight markup BS to rip people off in our hobby, plus the person/people behind that product don’t say what it is but with them even mentioning you can drink it my 95% guess is its just a high ppm Colloidal Silver as well not STS, fully cashing in on those who don’t know otherwise.

As an example a 1 oz silver bar is what $18usd and if used perfectly could make you around 56 Liters at 500ppm or 1000+ liters at 25ppm like myself if you don’t waste anything, so your just paying for the marketing and bottle in there case as it would be a 1900x markup on the silver alone if it was at 500ppm.

8 Likes

That’s how to make money.

Yikes.

1 Like

its all it is coloidal silver i would be probably be best making my own but it was there and i dont know the ppm to run my own i seen some pre made kits that were cheap you can get the botles from ebay for like 10 for 15 dollars and a couple stickers well

Day 20 / 3
The PC case is doing well, the plants in the back are starting to stretch so i plucked the big fan leaves after this photo to slow them down and they are just being used to make pollen anyways. But when the plants don’t have enough space and start to shade each other they start to bolt towards the light as they sense that they can’t get anymore light with growing wider so they go upwards, also being 3 weeks in for these autos they’re starting flower anyways. Also bent over and partially spiraled the top with the plant in the corner as it grew too tall.

Mini bucket is looking rough but is smelly and sticky, it wont produce much though but that was expected with the issues.

As for the Bucket i ended up making some basic watering control for it this weekend. I was trying a different version with sensor set-point button control, and set-point storage and recall but i was running into some issues hardware and software wise so decided on the basic version for now . But the 16 lines of code for the basic sure beat the 94 lines of the other version. Also had one more of the original seeds sprout, so 7 out of the 8 were good. So the bucket is just acting as a hold over for now.

Also check out this photo from a days ago of one of the Dark Devil seedlings, ya think its gonna be a dark plant :wink:

13 Likes

Purple leaves on that plant? That must be a boron deficiency, flush it and add some CalMag. :laughing: :joy:

3 Likes

Day 22 / 5

Bogan the PC case is moving along, still under fed nitrogen wise on the plants in the back but good enough for them and what they need to do, cant really up the feed due to the seedlings getting the same water.

The crinkled leaves and bud sites on the back left three are due to the Colloidal Silver spraying, which looks to be working but i did start it a little later than i wanted. Im leaning that the plant i want to use for pollen will be the second from the right plant, and have been thinking that for awhile now as it giving me characteristic i like. I am still spraying and keeping the others for now but that will probably change once i decide to bring over the other Dark Devil seedlings from the bucket, causing those two on the left to be culled.

The “(Think Different x DarkDevil)x Cream Mandarine” on the back right when i rub or lightly pinch it is giving off a nice citrus smell now, hopefully it stays as i’m liking it. Plus I really need to give it a shorter name or just use my short abbreviation for it from here out “TDDDxCM” as its painful typing that out every time. It’s making me interested to run some more of them through with maybe getting some pollen off one to make some F2’s or cross in some pollen from this run.

The mini bucket i should probably tie down the tops before the stems harden. It’s getting a little out of hand even with all the issues but that’s due to the pot size, and i should of topped it early on.

The bucket is just acting as a hold over for now, i think the watering setpoint need to be adjusted but have to wait it out a bit more to see. I will definitely be adding in a manual override watering button once my parts get here and i can build a new stand off watering shield. Also im currently not running the side lights as the extra light isn’t need and probably wouldn’t be beneficial till about week 2.5-3 anyways.

8 Likes

Culled the middle Dark Devil out of the ones im reversing as i like various characteristics from both the small and bigger plant. Also will probably move the TDDDxCM over to the bucket and the other DD over to the case.

But also these came today from @George_The_Vault using the Christmas promo, all autos this order.

So i’ll have room for 4 plants, now just to choose which ones. any suggestions :wink:

9 Likes

Ended up throwing a seed of each of the tangerine dream, Pineapple Express, Stress Killer “cbd leaning strain” and a crystal candy as ive been want to try one since they have been out.

So should have them in coco come sunday or so.

2 Likes

They all look so good, I’ve never grown autos. Looking forward to seeing the new additions :grin:

1 Like

I use to only grow photos from mothers, clones, and or by seed. But i like the turn around time on the autos as some are as low as 60days sprout to harvest and the potency is no different, but there is definitely some junk out there.

Grabbed these to try a few others out.

2 Likes

I was going to suggest the Pineapple Express or the Crystal Candy. Seems like you have it covered :grin:

1 Like

Day 25 / 8

Cut down two of the plants i was reversing just for selection purposes, kept the one put lopped of the top as the plant didn’t need to be big just needs to produce a little pollen. Also moved over all the plants from the bucket, was able to do this as one of the plants already in the case was starting to show that leaf crinkle mutation im breeding out.

So the bucket is empty, which means ill have 5 spots so i need to start another seed today for it.

As for the mini bucket went in and tied down a lot of the shoots to utilize the limited space better so we will see how it ends up.

10 Likes

Amazing.

Mother nature in a 5 gallon bucket.

99%

3 Likes

well the mini bucket is 1 gal :wink:

3 Likes

I stand very corrected.

Still, that much more amazing.

99%

3 Likes

Bucket looks great man, I can’t wait to see it when its harvest day!

Your case is going to be slammed too, I love watching your Micro Tech

1 Like

Day 28 / 11

PC case is looking good, the flowering TDDDxCM is starting to fill out has about 2-3 weeks left really needs to be on a bloom nutrient, but has only got grow stuff till now due to the other plants. I’ll do a partial mix for my reservoir fill tonight.
The others are coming along, a little pale though. As for the plant that’s being reversed still nothing yet, but chopping back the top would of slowed it down, hopefully i didn’t start spraying too late as i typically spray sooner.

The mini bucket, did some more trimming, just no room but we will see im only expecting a couple grams from this 1 gal container at this point, smells good though. Will say the wicking method has kept the pot wet the entire grow so far with no issues apart from the ones i had sitting in there before partially rotting “got swapped out”.

As for the 5 Gal bucket the plants are just starting, was concerned that the tangerine dream freebie seed wasn’t gonna power through, as it wasn’t popping the shell so i had to do it for it just cause it was a bit green which i guess is why it would be a freebie.
But waiting on the Kick Ass or previously known as the B.Lee to go which started a little later, also seems was a bit immature seed wise so we will see, threw two DD seeds in wet paper towel just encase.

9 Likes

Day 30 / 13

Pc case moved the straggler to the bucket, bonus it provides another watering spout to use on the flowering plant.

Mini Bucket did a trim, still moving along.

The 5 gal bucket, is just starting so day 0 right now, had a hicuup in my watering code, works currently but i want to dive deeper as my readings vs what i should be getting is off, or my mind isn’t thinking about it correctly due to the change in the circuit layout.

10 Likes

Everything is looking more healthy, great job! :grin:

1 Like

That mini bucket is so cute lol. In for guessing you’ll get like 10g out of it lol.

My heatsinks for my own bucket came in today, 40x40x11mm “gold” anodized heatsinks from ebay. I ordered them in december >.<

Looking great as always, hope the new code/designs work out better for you this time. :slight_smile:

1 Like