Midwest Outdoor Strains - Strain and Breeder Questions

I have been on a lifelong search for outdoor strains that truly finish in my area with the least amount of problems. I would love to find as close to as "perfect " strain as I could if it exists. Here is a short list of what that would look like to me

1. We deal with PM…it’s everywhere, so PM resistance is a must
  2. Resistant to Bud Rot. We get heavy dew and rains in the fall
  3. Needs to finish by November 15th
  4. Pest Resistance
  5. Must have heavy structure and be able to withstand fall winds loaded with bud
  6. Preferably stay under 8 foot tall…to help avoid the thieves
  7. Potency and bag appeal is a big plus…especially the Potency

I’m not picky about indica or sativa leaning …there’s a time for both.
I would really appreciate any suggestions you all might have, if you grew it that would even be better
Also what Breeders are working with outdoor strains specifically? I have heard a couple mentioned while listening to Potcast but can’t remember who or where.
Does Bodhi have anything that is Super outdoors?

9 Likes

I’ve got a sour d crossed with blood orange that finisher early November, Illinois

4 Likes

Thanks. I have ran across Sour D in a lot of my research but have never ran it. I’m SE Illinois myself. I’ve had descent luck with several strains over the years but am needing some new ideas and knew the knowledge was here. Here is a list of a few that I’ve had pretty good results with
JOTI Space Needle
JOTI GGDP
Some of Bodhi’s 88g13hp crosses
Blue Tara
Space Monkey
BOGs Sour Bluetooth, Bogglegum

3 Likes

Any pictures of the flowers?

1 Like

10 Likes

Looks nice man!

1 Like

I definitely like the looks of that. Do you do any preventive pest floral sprays? The last few years I’ve had terrible whitefly invasions. The only strain they didn’t hit bad last year was the God’s Grand Double Purple.

I will be finding a few spots for it in the garden this year. It had some damage but nothing compared to what they can do untreated

7 Likes

Looks good and big man!

1 Like

I never weighed it but it would have been 4-5 pounds. It had colas the size of my arm all over it. This was the only one I grew outside and I had to keep training it down because of location. I’m curious what it would do just topping it a couple times

1 Like

Matanuska Thunder Head grown in central Illinois…

7 Likes

Are you doing like guerilla grows?

1 Like

Very nice!! I’m central Illinois also

2 Likes

Check out some of the kc brains stuff. Im not sure who stocks them in the US. But alot of his strains have been built, tried and tested for outdoors European growing. But go with the ones that have the faster flower times as some of the stuff can be longer flowering. Also check out panics stuff from his real gorilla brand, alot of those are designed an tested for shorter season outdoors growing. Both places have types that have good resistancy in alsorts of weather conditions an will still give you a good result.

1 Like

I think that’s what they call it now a days.

1 Like

I will check them both out. I’ve heard of KC Brains but don’t think I’ve ever looked into them. I don’t think I’ve ever heard of Panic but will look into them now and let you know what I think…Thanks Brother

1 Like