Missouri State Growers

Missouri is a great state for breeding Cannabis. The number one genetics to grow in Missouri is Afghanistan (Indica). Strains like White Widow, Northern Lights, Blue Cheese, Banana Kush, Gorilla Glue, Girl Scout, Ďurban poison and Blue Dream flourish in Missouri.

Climates can be wet or dry, hot or cold, humid or arid, and all of these variations can affect the growth of your plants. Missouri often experiences huge temperature swings, hot and humid summers, and unexpected fall frosts, all of which can decimate your harvest.

The history of hemp shows that it once was grown just like every other crop, with no stigma attached. It was so crucial to the development of the US that in 1619, Virginia passed a law that required all of the colonies to grow hemp.

Missouri held a record number 2 in producing hemp. Many claim its the best place to grow and breed Cannabis seeds in America.

In the 1840s, settlers from Kentucky who had grown hemp for use in ropes and other commercial items soon found that the plant grew well in Platte County. They harvested fibers from plant’s tough stems. Shipping on the Missouri River made markets reachable.

Quoting a private letter of Dec. 22, 1846, Mr. Paxton related in his Annals of Platte County:

“The farmers of Platte County put in less hemp than usual last spring (1846), but the fiber is better and heavier and will equal last year’s (1845). Lafayette County produces the most hemp perhaps 1,500 tons. Platte and Jackson come next, producing, each, 1,000 tons; and Clay 900 tons. …The farmers of Missouri seldom stack hemp. They suffer it to receive enough rain, and after cutting to color it. It was then taken up and shucked, without binding. About the middle of October it is spread out to rot. Our winters are so dry that the hemp must receive several rains before it is rotted. I have frequently seen hemp taken up in spring not half rotted.”

Welcome to this thread about Missouri growers and anyone wondering about moving here to grow Cannabis. Seeds trades are welcomed in the discussion. :100::dove:

images (2) images (3) images (4) images (5)

21 Likes

hello from kansas city

9 Likes

Proud to be a grower, ashamed of the state of Missouri (pun intended)

10 Likes

I’m in the Ozarks. :dove:

26 Likes

My kid brother just moved to KC from Brooklyn… we’re from Wichita Kansas originally.
My folks are in OKC, so I may be headed back to the Midwest in the next couple years. Good to know I’ll have OG family around when I visit.

12 Likes

I am also in KCMO!

10 Likes

thats amazing @GregOG , really pretty

2 Likes

Watch out for mold, especially in the fall. Really dense indica buds are a real pain in humid climates, because they are mold magnets. I would suggest growing big lanky sativas instead, because they just don’t seem to be quite as prone to budrot.

Missouri is a beautiful state and I wish I lived there- or at least a lot closer. Lots of poor soil from what I’ve seen, though, underlain with lots of rock, and lots of varmints- two and four legged alike.

Be prepared to amend your soil heavily.

7 Likes

From KC as well. It’s awesome to see fellow Kansas City and Missouri growers. I feel like the cannabis culture is growing rapidly here since legalization.

7 Likes

I’m an old KCMO resident. Still close by in Lawrence KS. Glad mo is rec now. 🫶

8 Likes

Unfortunately, once you get away from the populated areas, everything changes. The attitudes further west are not as progressive.

7 Likes

Frank Cosgrove is from KC :sunglasses: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :peace_symbol:

3 Likes

573! Baby! :slight_smile: Oh sorry :slight_smile: lol

About 20 miles south of the 38th parallel deep in the Ozarks :slight_smile:

13 Likes

I’m working on a strain I’m going to call "Miss Kitty " because she pays the bills! :slight_smile: You know like on Gun Smoke :slight_smile: but it’s a super tuff strain and when I’m done with it you will be able to take a handful of seeds and broadcast them and come back in October and harvest that’s all that’s got to be done to her :slight_smile: it’s a work in progress :slight_smile: and btw I used to work at a canoe rental back in highschool super sweet summer job :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Why yes you are. And close I can tell.

2 Likes

Native Ozarkian here. 57 model. So happy we are all growing legally now. Happy daze.

3 Likes

Hey fellow Missouri growers good to see a bunch of us on here I live in the Ozarks too but so does everybody south of Missouri River. I’m in St Francis county and we’ve got some of the finest soil anywhere in this country. Great place to grow great place to live if you can put up with the constant weather changes, I like a little variety just usually not the same day. Where you at @drgreensleeves I’m a 573 guy as well.

4 Likes

Legal? Lmao you have 250000$ ? That’s how much a commercial license is there’s a little over 150 licenses and 3 corporations own them all directly and indirectly smh they priced out the small independent craft farmers with their bullshit lobbyist friggin fraggin sum of bishes! Anyways I was growing before and I’ll continue after I’m not trying to get rich just pay my bills and raise the kids smh if they would just… But they won’t and they don’t care so yo ho yo ho it’s a pirates life for me! :slight_smile: Lol

8 Likes

Bro you are so close I could probably throw a rock in your yard :slight_smile: lol that’s cool as shit do you natural farm? And if so, wanna trade IMOs? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes I do and yes we can. KNF all the way. At the very least we’ll have to get together and have a smoke session, before the Summer’s up.

5 Likes