Mo med's grow diary

I just got my seeds and my 4x8 tent is setup with a 4 inch inline filter and fan.I think I should have went bigger but… I have two 1500 watt led fixtures also. My question is that I bought a 25 peat cube dome and I did not get a heat mat for it. In the time I got all of my gear setup and bought I have thrown my back out so i am not moving around real well. Is it going to be ok for me to germinate in the peat pots without extra heat under them? I am in the midwest and its not getting very cold at night. My room is in a garage.inside temp probably not dipping below mid 50’s at night. Can I just put a blanket over the dome til they crack? Any suggestions would be great.

4 Likes

Keep them in the house until they crack soil, a cabinet or closet.

3 Likes

I’d start then inside first. I never use a heat mat with seeds and my house is usually around 68f and no problems with germination. In the 50s is almost certainly too cold though.

3 Likes

This isnt a normal garage. It has a ceiling in it as well as rooms framed out in it as i use it as a recording studio also. My room is 9x9x9 and the tent is inside that room. My buddy and i have also been debating the effect of loud music on the plants also but thats another subject.

2 Likes

Hey @momed420 sounds like you got a great setup! I’m not sure on music. My buddy that’s a dairy farmer keeps music on for his girls. I talk to mine all the time…mostly bitching at them😀. Lil bit chilly does slow the seedlings imho. They can stay inside till get up and going I sometimes leave them in root root cubes for couple weeks. Keep them in some sort of light I got some in all my south windows.

1 Like