Show Me State Medical

Been thinking about starting a Missouri topic for some time now…here it is lol

My name is TheShowMeHomie I have lived in Missouri forever from North St.Louis to Farmington and everywhere in-between I am a medical marijuana patient legally which is still crazy to me

So fellow Missourians tell me a little or nothing about yourself I don’t mind really hope in the next couple years maybe we can have a comfortable enough climate like Cali or Colorado that we could do a big BBQ or something KC vs. STL BBQ count this fat guy in

16 Likes

I spent a long time in the STL area (in the City, JeffCo, Franklin County) but have returned to my roots in the middle of the state. I’m relatively new to this forum and currently not growing anything - despite having a permit from the state to do so - because I’m moving soon. You can’t have realtors showing the house with a stinky garden behind a locked door! Can’t wait to get things set up at a new place this summer.

What’s your best guess for when dispensaries will open and have product available? I’m thinking in the fall with everything going on right now…

3 Likes

Yeah I was hoping for late summer but it doesn’t appear that it’s gonna be anytime soon. Are you in the ozarks? I personally will never return to that crooked ass place again

2 Likes

Further north. I worked for a Bank for a bit and had to visit branches around the Lake. That whole area doesn’t give off good vibes for me.

My grandparents bought land when the Corps first built the dam to create Table Rock Lake. It’s totally worth a few extra hours in the car to go there rather than LotOzarks. I avoid Branson entirely for similar reasons!

2 Likes

I went there on vacation got stabbed in the face and some how ended up getting charged with a felony…it’s all a hustle down there they don’t even hold court until tourist season is over then they fuck you hard it’s all a money racket then again most Missouri courts are

3 Likes

Crap dude! That’s awful!!!

The worst racket I’ve personally encountered was in JeffCo. My ex-gf’s mother had dementia and needed to move into assisted living. When we tried to sell their family home, the city came to inspect it and labeled the septic system as defective. The official notice that the home is no longer considered inhabitable (and therefore can’t be sold) was presented to us along with a bid to fix it for the low cost of $18,000.

We called around to people in that industry who said that it could be done for less, but the only people who can work on septic in JeffCo have to be approved by the government. The committee that approves vendors consists of the same folks who just handed us the $18k bid from the company they run on the side! We talked to folks in the state government who, immediately after hearing our story, replied - “Let me guess… you’re in Jefferson County, right?” Apparently it’s a known scam and no one can do anything about it.

The end result was that we found a guy who was approved by the county who said the system was fine in his expert opinion, but that occupancy approval wouldn’t come unless he did an overhaul. It cost $12 grand, which all came out of the life savings of a retired school teacher with dementia who needed that money to pay for assisted living. Fucking crooks…

3 Likes

Septic issues was one of the problems with the first house we tried to buy in jeffco after paying almost 900 dollars to have the house inspected the septic inspection revealed that the pipe coming from the house to the tank was partially filled with gravel and had several blockages…5 year old system so that means the pipe was probably broken during backfilling jeffco can be a real shit show

2 Likes

https://fox4kc.com/news/coronavirus-hasnt-slowed-plans-for-medical-marijuana-in-kansas-city/

This was posted on r/MissouriMedical which prompted discussion about the timeline for MMJ availability. Apparently there are job postings now to hire inspectors for the facilities that will grow, which sounds like they are still very far away from beginning to plant seeds/clones. All of that leads me to think we might not be able to purchase mmj in Missouri in 2020.

Fortunately I just moved to my new place a couple days ago. I’ve got a bunch of reno work ahead of me but I’ll be cultivating soon enough. I certainly have enough genetic material after all the 420 sales this week!!! :astonished:

2 Likes

They were hiring grow staff and people to roll prerolls and shit a couple months back for an Earth city grow … I’m not that far off from being able to send some clones out around the state maybe month and a half two tops and I should have a small list

2 Likes

@Terpycollection what’s up homie

Ya I hope they get it going soon people need their meds man or at least let us get more patient

1 Like

Yeah I really need to get my caretaker shit in order

I’m new to this forum lol I was born in Missouri, early childhood in Atlanta, teenage in potosi mo ,and move to the stl city for a better job when I got out of school. Ive been growing off and on for 8 yrs now but recently became a caregiver for one patient in the state so I’m glad to be on the forum I enjoy talking to it like Minded people and love talking genetics lol I got a nice collection of seeds and always looking to work with other

3 Likes

Some of my great grandparents are buried by potosi hs football field or maybe under it lol not sure my grandma was originally from old mines or Valle mines whichever one is next to potosi… I’ve been on several large grows out that way lot of good outdoor that way before meth

2 Likes

Ya definitely man it was a good time out there but I’m glad I move out before getting in to trouble lol

1 Like

Moved to MO about ten years ago. Started growing when I lived in Omaha. Grew up a computer geek in the 90s and found OG online and was blown away.
My dad was growing unknown skunk plants in a closet at the time and I showed him these amazing pictures of the most amazing looking buds either of us had ever seen. So now I’m trying to grow legally for a living. And you guys are right about not seeing legal weed for sale in 2020. Id say more like Feb 2021.
Alot of small cannabis businesses are getting legal loans right now. And with all the covid money going to small businesses, ive even seen some cannabis startups apply for federal grants upwards to the tune of 250,000$ for a small businesses.
The second round of licenses are being applied for now. But there will be a third. Because the applicant will have to score properly to even be considered for a license and first round showed everyone that getting these licenses for this was not like getting a fishing license.
This stimulus money is going to help these businesses get licenses and with the medical benefits added into to the equation i think we’re gonna see cannabis be globally supported and much more acceptable in a medical manor.
By the end of the year the ball will definatly start rolling.

4 Likes

I know your out in the Ozarks come across any Ozark gold still being grown out there? I’m sure the medical market down there will be huge during peak season and if we ever get recreational holy cash cow lol I know at one time there was a lot of commercial grows there 70-90s…what strains are popular in that area?

2 Likes

Yeah im out here in tweakerland. Sativas mainly because of all the meth addicts in the hills like the upper highs. But I grow mainly indica and these folks seem to be liking it because they haven’t seen it around much or ever if their in their 20’s. No Missouri gold here. Grew up smoking alot of Jack herrier. The commercial weed in the city was local grown by the crips or at least it used to be. But it was a more relaxing high and the oz you bought for 100$ looked like a QP it was so fluffy and very sweet skunkyness unlike anything I’ve come across again. Maybe 5 to 10 seeds an oz. Sometimes you would only find 2 or 3. Miss that cheap weed.

4 Likes

Yeah I never saw Mexican brick weed until 20 before that it was all local grown with maybe 10 seeds an ounce …yeah I spent a short stay of a couple months in Camden county jail taught me a couple things lots of pork lots of meth and lots of Jesus in them mountains and absolutely zero interest in anything happening outside of the area lol I must ask how does one learn to navigate all the little roads with no names just numbers.

3 Likes

Mainly highways around me. So its not too bad. I was gonna sell the place after I fix it up but the location is great for growing and has lots of property and access to fresh water pretty much all year. I’m about to finish the attic here in the next month and should be L 30’×7’ (H 7’. At center peak to 3ft at lowest peak.) With 30-36 50w COBs, and about 200w of side lighting.

3 Likes