MoBillys Forevermore Green Room Thread (Part 2)

Good morning @MoBilly, good morning OG’s. Have a nice day.:peace_symbol:

3 Likes

Back at you my friend. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Morning @MoBilly . Hope your back gets back on track.

3 Likes

Thanks @crownpoodle
I’m actually feeling pretty fair today. :slight_smile:
Hope you can say the same…

4 Likes

Slept like crap. Again. :poop: Busy afternoon today. I’ll smoke till I doze back off when the missus goes walking. I’d rather walk too, but the neuropathy in my feet is nasty lately.

Good morning crew. Looks like a beautiful day outside in the northeast. Hope you all have one also

2 Likes

No like on that @crownpoodle . Hoping things get better.

Good morning @Emeraldgreen . Yeah it’s going to be nice here too. I’m well ready for it. lol

2 Likes

Morning @MoBilly and green room gang,

Also why I remember how many goats do you have and how much milk can one goat produce on avg? Like to have a constant stock of milk how many goats would one need?

2 Likes

We have six goats ATM @Hotrods_and_hounds . That’s counting my young billy. Goats are herd animals that don’t normally thrive alone so I advise having two at the very least.
How much milk is too much…? One decent milker will provide a gallon + every day. That’s milking twice in a day.
I’d say do a lot of reading on breeds. There are a wide range of average yearly production between breeds. Also pay attention to average fat content.
That can range widely as well. A Nubian will give ~ 3 - 4% fat whereas a Nigerian Dwarf will give ~ 6 - 10%.

Ours do better than that though.
6963f081a656cb99697dc92f79668fbe5edfd4e8_2_375x500
They are Nigerian crosses. Our goats don’t have as high an amount of milk as some but the quality is superb and there is plenty to make cheese…
I would also suggest getting polled goats if you are concerned about the horns. Temperament of different breeds should also be considered. Always buy young and raise them to be your buddy. :slight_smile:
They love scratching so scratch their bellies as well. They’ll get used to you handling them any way you need to. Mainly they will get used to you handling their udders.

I hope that helped some.
:+1:t4:

7 Likes

And what do you do with all the milk. I dont drink a gallon in a week.

3 Likes

I’m hanging in there @MoBilly . Usually I can tolerate it. Gabapentin helps, but the side effects suck, so I’ve been avoiding taking it lately.

3 Likes

@BigMike55
Family, then dogs and cats, then cheese, butter, cooking (rice pudding, gravy…).

If you had way more than enough then you could even make soap and moisturizers or lotions…

3 Likes

I took Gabapentin for a while. Had bad emotional swings when I used it. I took myself off of them and went back to my normalish state of mind.

3 Likes

Goodmorning @MoBilly and the greenroom gang!!

2 Likes

Good morning @Terpsnpurps !
:v:t4:

2 Likes

I have never owned a goat, but as a former milk cow owner, that is such solid advice. As kids, handle them daily, morning and night, just as they will be when they become fresh and you start milking them. Get them used to having your hands on their udders. This will pay big dividends when they’re milking.

3 Likes

Like I don’t have enough mood swings without that. Trying to juggle physical and mental health issues can be a challenge.
Doesn’t help being an Alcoholic/Addict. Haven’t drank in 37 years. Never missed that. Never drank well. Struggled with opiates off and on for decades. I need to be really, really careful. Took some cold meds that combined wrong awhile back. BP dropped hard, and so did I. I got an ambulance ride to the ER from the hardware store.
The older I get, the more sensitive I get to meds.

4 Likes

I’ve been slowly weaning myself from all unnatural “medications”. I don’t use anything for pain except for an OTC pain pill from time to time.
My BP is the main problem. I take three different meds to keep it under control and, still, I have to take an extra one through the day if I’m in extra pain.
I’ve been experimenting with different methods for reducing it naturally.
Meditation (prayer) works. And I mean well. I can drop the systolic # by 20 at times, and the diastolic to a lesser degree. The problem is that within an hour, my BP has returned to its elevated state…

11 Likes

Damn right it works! :+1:

4 Likes

My daughters tell me I need to be more mindful, and less mindless. No arguing from me. They are correct.

2 Likes