Molasses Before Harvest?

I found this to be very interesting. I tend to use it in teas as well.

3LB - Molasses Manual.pdf (39.3 KB)

edit: That’s Three Little Birds, not 3 pounds. :upside_down_face:

10 Likes

Excellent link!!

This is something @Badger would like too.

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Fire ants and cabbage moths too? Thanks gpaw!! Good call. Sounds like more benefits than most know.

Edit: @corey would probably be interested as well

Wow what a writeup. Is there a index of 3LB’s other resources somewhere?

1 Like

3LB have not read that in almost forever :slight_smile:

peace and be safe

Dequilo

7 Likes

Use it as a food source for microbes when making aacts or ferments but I wouldn’t put it directly in soil.

3 Likes

I also use them in early flower, please make sure they are NON sulfured molasses or they will kill the microbes you’re supposed to feed … :sunglasses:

4 Likes

That was me… save the molasses for baking.

6 Likes

I’ve been using molasses for years. I add about 1 tablespoon to every other gallon from a week or two before flip until a week or two before harvest. Been doing it so long I don’t know what my yield would be like without it.

4 Likes

Thanks, easier to read here … beer3|nullxnull

5 Likes

[quote=“George1961, post:35, topic:34065”]
Thanks, easier to read here.

Thanks for posting that. It is a lot nicer than my txt->pdf conversion. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I forgot all about them. Wow talk about a blast from the past.

4 Likes

I gave molasses to my Critical Mass auto-flower 3 days b4 she went into 48hrs of darkness and ice cold water every 6-8hrs. I’ll let you know the overall quality in a cpl months.

Ice cold water? I haven’t heard that one. What is that supposed to do? Induce shock and more trichs to protect the buds?

3 Likes

Tells her [like Game of Thrones.]…Winter is coming !!!
Max the buds…

5 Likes

Exactly like @rootfarmer said… It lets her know winter is coming!! Protect herself and produce MORE trichomes! It’s something I was taught and now simply something I always do now! The science behind it makes sense to me! Ive also read it somewhere throughout the years that it’s smart do the ice run basically during the 48-72 hrs of darkness!!! Hope I’m saying this all right! Lol…

2 Likes

Super insteresting. I may try this out. It’s a cheap way, so if it really makes a difference. Thanks for the idea. I can’t really do 48 hours of darkness outside, but ice water, yeah, easy!

1 Like

in the Ozarks we just move the outhouse to block the light

6 Likes

All I do… For 48hrs of darkness is big ass boxes… I put the boxes over the plants with afew holes in the boxes to breathe! Then voila… It’s great than I freeze jugs of water and a bunch of ice cubes in my water and simply freeze shock them as best I can!

2 Likes

That’s a cool idea.

1 Like