Mother Searching, and re-raising mothers, Spring 2020, NFT, LED+Tneon+HPS

I had to shut down for a season, and gave my two clones away to a friend, and now I am vegetating the mothers(Dieselwreck Haze by Rare Dankness, best mother out of 8 females, and the Amnesia Core cut) again to get some clones to start with.

I planted some seeds to make things much faster, but unfortunately very many of them(90%) did not sprout because I stored them in a closet for 5 or six years, I guess. Among 10 BOGs Sour Strawberry, 100 SSSDH by Rezervoir, NONE came up. Surprisingly, these freebie seeds, ‘Old Congo’ from Tropical Seeds Co. ALL sprouted. All of the Sour P seeds by Resin Seeds also Sprouted. Within the last three weeks, I kept watering, and some seeds kept coming up from Mr. Nice including The Cure, Dreamtime, Walkabout, and Skunk Haze. They were big generous packs(20+), and I did not get very many to sprout.

I put down 50(Amnesia Core cut X Guatamalen Landrace). I did not breed it, and the guy only selected from a few males. However, he said he got good results from planting some of them. I am wondering if it is worth looking for a good male from them, and crossing it with the Amnesia core cut again, or if I should first make f2? I am very new to seed creation.

I want to document a little so that I could share what the DNA is looking like, and maybe get some advice from somebody if they see something I should definitely be doing differently.

I’ll be using those little coir peat pellets that swell up when you add water for germinating the seeds, then transferring to coco fiber, then to NFT. I’ll also be later using rockwool. I start using Tneons for very small ones, moved to LED for veg, and moved to HPS and LED for blooming.

12 Likes

Thanks for starting new diary! Please upload photos directly to our servers.

Thank you!

3 Likes

Four days later, I can see that these seeds achieve a far better germination rate under the same conditions than with the seeds that were not stored properly.

The vegetation tank is doing okay, and I can see now that there are three of the seedlings that are outperforming all the rest. The one ‘The Cure’ is now so small, that it’s destiny is certainly to be choked out by the rest. Two winners are Skunk Haze, the phenotype more leaning on the Haze is in first place. Out of 5 Sour P, one is much better than the others. Clones are soon ready to be taken from this batch.

Sometimes a side view is helpful to see from a different angle.

The other little seedling chamber is doing okay, Old Congo being the variety that has a very strong will to live.

5 Likes

The SSH ACC x Guatamalan LR is getting too stretchy for the light I have provided. Nevertheless, they are very stable in comparison to my other works without artificial air movement; they are quite strong and stable. I shall put her in some bigger pots tomorrow if i can; I shall bury them a bit deeper so that they are not so stretchy, and also have better stability. I have prepared two bricks of dried compressed coco fiber mixed with 10 liters of heat expanded clay gravel; I am pleased with the arrangement. It is a such pleasure to know exactly what kind of pH and EC I run down through the cracks and crevices of this media, and this is a better media than the last. I enjoy immensely to have a homogeneous media and nutrients available to all specimens, so that I may analyze properly which specimens exhibit vigor, and other winning traits.
It is a control. <3
This will be so much fun.

I wish you all a very good day. 420

6 Likes

Please forgive the quality of photos; I plan to get another camera soon. Doing the best I can, but maybe they are blurry or not well focused or something. The mother plant search NFT table is looking decent; I am only checking the reservoir once per week.

I took clones of the two mothers I had before(Amnesia core cut, and Dieselwreck haze cut), and the best of the Sour P, and the two best Skunk Haze specimens. Once of the Skunk Haze specimens had the most vigor of all the seeds planted.

On the second run of seedlings, I have not been taking such good care of them, but feel confident they will take off once put into a hydroponics system. They are surely root bound, but I am not finished setting everything up quite yet in my room, so they must wait a few more days maybe.

The third seed run(the Amnesia core cut x Guatemalan landrace) is looking okay, but I feel like they grow kind of slow. Perhaps if I gave them more light, or lowered it, they would grow faster. They haven’t gotten any wind, and I didn’t prop them up properly, so some just sit there on the ground. I’ll fix them up with a better environment later. I can see that many of them stay up by themselves anyway. I’m hopeful to find something interesting in this batch.

I have some White Delight seeds soaking in pH corrected well water. I will let them soak 12-15 hours before putting them into that coco+expanded clay medium I previously mixed up. After this, I plan on trying to build these up and making this a bit more organized and nice.

Good evening!

9 Likes

It’s looking good so far I’ll be watching this one!

Damn! That’s a hell of a lot of plants that you plan to grow all at once! How big are your veg and flower rooms? Can’t wait to see this project progress! :seat: :movie_camera: :popcorn:

1 Like

Thank you very much, fellows!

I forgot to mention that I put the seeds in the refrigerator for about six hours before starting to soak them. After fifteen hours, they start to sprout, and it is time to put them in little cups. I put the little cups on a plate, and on top of the refrigerator where it is about 27C/80F degrees.

That method worked very well, so I decide to take three more packs out of the refrigerator, and do the same thing.

The flower room is 5x6x2.5meters(16.4x19.6x8.2feet).
The mother room is more like a little hallway right now, with some shelves for seedlings and clones, but I plan to move the mothers onto an NFT table in a room that is about 2x2x2m(6.5feet).

I do not want to vegetate very long at all(maybe 4 days maximum). I search for a good specimen for a sea of green method of growing. I would like to take the cuts, put them on the tables, and ideally put them immediately into bloom, so that they grow to a height of about 1-1.5m(3.2-4.9ft). The mother room keeps vegetating and getting pruned, they go to the cloning station, and finally straight to bloom.

4 Likes

A couple of days later, I see loops and sprouts. I put stars in the upper right hand corner of pots where you can see life in the photograph. I hope they all manage to live, but if they don’t want to live and can not compete, they are destined to be culled anyway.

3 Likes

The small NFT table I used to put my first batch of seedlings on is overgrown now, and I can take more clones from them if I want to soon. I can also now see clearly, that something has been mixed up, and I have two Dieselwreck hazes. I need to try to go and get the Amnesia core cut back from friend.

The clones are still healthy looking, but there are no roots yet. They are in a bit colder environment.

The second and third batch of seedlings are doing alright, but some of the ACCxG needed to be tied up, and the second batch of seedlings in those paper pots are very poor looking. I would like to put them on a table today as to address this problem. They have been wanting to be transplanted for a some weeks now.

This fourth batch of seedlings is doing okay, except for one White Delight. It seems gooey, and dark colored. It appears to be ‘damping off’.

None of the other White Delight has come up yet. You can not see all of them from the picture, but I have put a star on any pot that I can see a loop or a sprout coming up.

I just put this sad looking batch of seedlings onto a small NFT table. I am eager to see how they respond to this.

These are the same ones in the picture labeled ‘sprouts’ above.

Wishing you all a wonderful Spring!

2 Likes

The mothers are still there, cutting should be made before moving them. I’m looking for the time to do that.

A new seedling sprouted today, it was a Snake Oil. I am still waiting on two more Snake Oils, and 5 White delights. I’m almost certain that the one that came up will not make it.

Here are the little SO seedlings. I wonder why they look so fragile, grow kind of slow, and have purple stems? How to make them happier?

3 Likes