Mother's Milk and Nepali og run

So here it is day 3 on the bean cracking venture.
These were soaked with nothing but bottled water for 24 hours.
Then put in-between white paper towels and put in 2 small plates and put on top of the fridge.
Day 2 we had 1/4" tails
Day 3 we had 1 1/2" roots with fish skeletons
100% germination on Pack #1 of Mamilk
11 for 11
This was the pack I bought about a year ago.

About to see what pack #2 of Mamilk brings.
I will be updating this as I go today.
So pack #2 was the result of a trade, not a good one.
4 out of 11 had 3/4" tails no fish skeleton
The other 7 were finger cracked and outback between the sheets.
Not looking for much more germ results out if this batch in fact the 4 that germed might not even come up.

This is whatā€™s bad about trading sometimes itā€™s a chunk of coal other times could be a diamond.

On to the Napali og, treated the same way.
So the Napali og, 7 of them with 1 1/2" taps with fish skeletons.
1- just a 1/4" tail
Other 2 will probably be written off like the rest of the 2nd pack of Mamilk.

Usually if they all donā€™t crack at the same time they ainā€™t worth messing with. Percentages drop drastically at that rate.

Yes i took pics of the Napali crack, suppose ya all want a group hug shot too? LMAO

8 Likes

So will you do the whole thread without pics?

2 Likes

I didnā€™t think everybody needed detail pics on how to crack eggs.
So------no.

6 Likes

THANK YOU for sparing us seeds with tails, seeds in paper towels, and in cups o waterā€¦:blush:

6 Likes

Youā€™re of the utmost welcome

1 Like

And no, when thereā€™s something to see Iā€™ll make it available.

3 Likes

The grape romulan fron the old ukiah club was superb smoke, the pure rom is one thing that never made it ij nto my collection :expressionless:

3 Likes

Never smoked the Rom but I may have a cross with it as a player in the mix.

2 Likes

So less than 85 hours and half are up poking their faces to the light.
Thatā€™s fast.
Only fastest I had was Jackā€™s Beanstalk them almost jumped out of their shells.

8 Likes

Yeah @OleReynard, add some ghash88 pollen to your black domina and youā€™ll have the same as bodhis tester cross of same - that you were/are getting two packs of. .!?
Anyway good luck with your choice of strains to play with :+1:.
Gaz
Ps. Good luck with the Napoli og too.

6 Likes

Any old Cali heads have any experience with kudra?

3 Likes

kudra is bodhiā€™s name for a bay area cut called moet, champagne, or phantom. It is usually said to be a green grandaddy purp pheno from an early point in that lineā€™s breeding process.

On breedbay bodhi mentioned he didnā€™t like it that the cut had a brand name (moet) so he named it after one of his favorite fictional characters. its appalachia outcross bingo pajama was also named for a character from the same book.

5 Likes

Another update, update, update.

So 23/24 up and smiling, last one in itā€™s bed still bent over below the surface.
Had 6-8 of them that had a hard time shedding their helmets.
Had to intervene with my big fingers that donā€™t work the best anymore but it was all good.

5 Likes

I use 2 pair of tweezers. My fingers are too big to do it . Since switching to germing in Coco I have not had any" helmet heads" come up in around 60 seeds .

5 Likes

Canā€™t operate a damn pair of tweezers well enough Iā€™d probably decapitate the poor thing.

5 Likes

I bought one of those Burpee Seed Starter kits, heh. And a spare brick of Coco. I was killing all of my seeds because I was always trying to rush everything. Soil mix wasnā€™t right, couldnā€™t keep my moisture right, helmet heads all the timeā€¦ I figured, I never had those issues before.

So, now, I have to be patient, go figure, and wait 4-7 days before I see them but when they come out nice and slow, they seem to shed the hats much better. My seedlings look stellar again, too. And, they thrive from day one. My previous tries were producing damping off, or slow/sluggish growth after the startā€¦ maybe I was just pushing too hard.

So far i like this set up because the tray has the self wicking mat to keep them just right.

Oh, and keeping them under the humidity dome until the hats come off seems to be a big part, too. Itā€™s so dry here some days, like 10% relative humidity, most of this last month.

6 Likes

Exactly what I use. Only let them stay in there 1 or 2 days or their roots will grow under the tray and you will hurt them moving them. I use a tiny 1/2 teaspoon measuring spoonā€¦slide it down one side vertical, ā€œscoopā€ out the seedling, Be gentle, works like a charm, see the tap root hanging even after only 2 days.
Have your dixie Cups ready and filled, just plop them in there, good to go.

I soak my seeds 18 hours before the starter kit. I see them in usually 3 days. IF they do come up with helmet on, LITFA for ONE DAYā€¦still on day 2, tweezers and finger nails to open it .

YES, leave dome on if your 10% humidityā€¦we are 80 % here, dome is off when all seeds are up.

Self wicking mat is awesome!!!Mine, now 3 years old and use 100 times, is starting to not wick as well, and my tray has a crack in it held with duct tapeā€¦time for a new one.

3 Likes

It was well worth it. Only $20 at Amazon.Gold for me. It forces me to leave them alone. I havenā€™t been soaking them even. I want them to work everything out all on their own. All I know is so far they look 100% better than they were.

I just got sloppy with my germination techniques. This helps me stay uniform. But, I love the wicking thing. That way it can sit for the whole week without adding water if I fill it up in the beginning. All I do is watch nowā€¦

2 Likes

24/24 up and rolling as of early last night

5 Likes

Looking forward to that. I did not mean to come across as a dick, apologies if I did. Just love weed pics and was surprised to see none in a grow thread with (then) 30+ postings. Do it how it works for you, happy growing! :seedling::seedling::seedling:

4 Likes