Everything Motz

So I’m starting this here thread, instead of generalizing everything.
So in here you’ll be able to find everything Motz from fishing to carpentry work on my cabin and everything in between.

Today I’m showing a picture of a bunch of juvies.
Finding something really strange, now if it we’re just one no big deal But I got half dozen plus doing this shit.

Subject is Medman from mr.nice and Magicman from Snowhigh.
Magicman of Snows is the old Rasputin line made by 4 corners Cannarado mixed in with a little agc99.
Agc99 is acapolco gold x Cindy 99, which anything with the AGC 99 is some is Snows earliest work.

The problem I’m having is this

All of these were started at the same time, only finding this in Snows gear.
Medman on the left Magicman on the right, the whole front row of Magicman has this issue.
Any ideas anyone?

37 Likes

Hi bro normally when I run a new line out of 10 I would fined one or two slow growing juveis , ( I would have culled them ) but since it’s all of them it may just be a common trait of the line
The c99 in it should grow quickly imho I would wait and see
The combination AG and C99 wow should be a winner
I’ve never run snow high gear before but heard great things about them
Hang in there maybe spray with a very lite mix of kelp and water the babies love that shit
Peace
Paps

10 Likes

I’m checked into this thread. I always dig seeing remodeling projects. I have a major one on my hands here now and hope I have it in me.

Those seedlings are a sight. I think Papa is right, maybe just give them a chance. It must be in that line. I’ve had some really ugly shit come out of it and perform fine. Nature… go figure.

5 Likes

I’ve run both of these before, haven’t had this problem.
The Magicman came from 2 different vendors.
One PKG directly from Snow the other I sat on for a few years ago and came from another friend of Snows in Mi.

One of the medman from Mr.nice pulled that also.
All treated the same exact way.

Contemplating plucking them.

7 Likes

It’s frustrating when your doing everything the same an there’s so mush of a difference

If you have the time and space let it go

The genetics say there’s something good in there

3 Likes

Maybe it had something to do with the storage?

Maybe I’ll pop a pic in sometime later on. It was the last big project I did. It was fun. A very rich guy spent $1.5 million on a 1000sq.ft. art studio and garage underneath for his golf carts.

2 Likes

Don’t know baffling to say the least virtually same genetics if you leave out the male AGC 99.

Storage problem- highly doubtful unless on their end.

BMS is/was a bit sluggish also.
Glad I’m making new stock off of these, hopefully have more vigor.

9 Likes

Not really running out of time, everything needs to be wrapped up by end of May.
Think I’m gonna pull the 2 that are just cotyledon leaves see what becomes of the half dozen uglys.

7 Likes

I have had this with older seeds but not a bunch like you have. The
ones that just show the first set of leafs, the rounded ones, did
they just stay that way while the others went on? If there were time
I would leave them I a veg box or with the mother plants and keep
them moist and see what happens. I had one really old seed do this
once, a 1997 Great White Shark I grew in 2014 that I thought would
never pass that stage of those rounded first set of leafs. But then I
just kept it while going on with the rest and I even put that little
seedling in like that when going to flower and it became a nice
little plant. Don’t know why it did that I just put it off to being
real old seeds. The GWS plant was amazing smoke so you might miss out
on some real nice ones in there if this is the case with these.

All the best on your project bro!

5 Likes

Could it be cold roots? Probably a stupid question, but I know you have some serious cold there and probably have that covered.

3 Likes

Hey @StocktonT good to see ya around.
Them seeds were only maybe 5 years old max.
Misstatement. Hard telling on the shelf time.
Maybe, I’ve had one pack for a couple years and the other for a year.

I went ahead and pulled the 2 that were just cotyledons.
Left the other malformed ones, for a bit longer.
See what happens, I guess.

5 Likes

This time of year I’m the biggest advocate of heat.
That’s what that black thingy is with the green print on the bottom of the tent. It covers the whole bottom, neatly.

3 Likes

i see you have a heat mat under the babies …also use one and found as it got older it had some spots that where warmer and cooler then others…could this be the case ? i would let them grow a bit see if they catch up …a man that can build/rebuild/fix things is just so wonderful … looking forward to what yall do…my cottage/house is in the middle of a remodel…it is the 3rd place i have lived in and worked on at the same time …am truly hoping it is the last :slight_smile:

5 Likes

LOL i know that routine really well … at this point in my life i have a hard time remembering what i did an hr ago let alone last week or last month…been gardening my whole life and growing mj for many years also …had to learn a few new tricks since i went from growing in a greenhouse in AZ to an indoor grow in the north…so far so good :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You in northern Arizona or north north?

way north …like i am now neighbors with Canada

1 Like

And 2 hours from devil’s lake, n.d.

Don’t know why in thee hell I’m looking at beans to buy?
You’d think 500+ different strains would do it for anyone?
But joti has some cooler than hell shit:
God’s green crack
Afghani
Blue city Diesel.
That’s not even scratching the surface but then I could go thru all venders and find something.

Then there’s useful seeds, would like to get a couple of them also.

Sensi seeds, Afghani #1, hash plant, and black domina.

I could keep going on all this shit, better just save the money cuz there sure in hell ain’t no way I’m gonna get thru what I already have.

12 Likes

Waiting on my joti afghani seeds… .super pumped to give those a try! 50 day turnover sounds sweet!!!

4 Likes

I looked at it like this…honestly…am I gonna get thru all of this stash…no. but with the way the gene pool and breeding I’d going now a days…in 10-20 yrs… who ever has this stash in there position is not gonna be bottled…and that’s facts. Just look at how much of the Dutch stuff people had plenty of is gone or tightly held… it will happen again.

4 Likes