MOTR grows with OniTenshu

That will definitely help to mix the cool and hot air without being too powerful for them…light breeze is what you want to help strengthen their stems without dehydrating the leaves

All looking great with tight node spacing…even the runt seems to be pulling out of its funk

4 Likes

That’s what I was thinking. It’s been looking a lot better now.

I’m thinking that with the flies no longer having access to the tent has helped a lot too. The population has significantly dropped with another place to breed being taken away from them.

I do see springtails in my soil though. Once the flies left the area I saw the little crawlers every so often on the topsoil getting some air. Just 1 every so often, but enough to know my soil isn’t garbage at least.

Speaking of Happy things I finally got my first bowl back from my friend and I forgot how much I love it. It’s so efficient it’s stupid :joy: I got 2 bowl packs from enough bud for a loose joint. Same puff count, but I don’t have to deal with the smoke from the burning paper anymore. I missed my smooth pull from this piece :sob:

3 Likes

That certainly will help

Yeah. Springtails aren’t bad just a nuisance until their population gets out of control then they have the potential to go after the roots being decomposers and all…I think hyoapsis mites controls their numbers though i’ll have to look it up to be sure

Nice and really pretty too!

3 Likes

It’s basically stupid proof. I got it as I occasionally lose control of my wrist muscles. The extra grip helps me to boot drop it. The extra glass keeps it from breaking easily too. I’ve dropped it from 6 feet on concrete. It bounced and survived with only a cosmetic issue too.

My favorite part of the bowl is the snake wrapped around it though. All the extra glass is supposed to be a coil from the snake wrapped around the bowl.

2 Likes

I came back home a couple hours ago. The seedlings have started to develop phenotype expression or at least the runt is. It’s leaves got wider like a indica. The rest seem to be leaning more sativa, but I’m seeing indica traits regardless.

Growth has finally started to pick up and the initial stress from the exposed top roots has recovered it seems. They look to have responded by rooting more aggressively in the pots. I can’t get them to budge without force, so that’s a good thing imo.

Humidity is reaching just above 20% average now. With the rain outside it’ll improve the inside humidity for sure.

I’ll take pictures next time I’m in the tent.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Oni’s 2nd grow. Continued

Now the seedlings pictures as I accidently posted in here by accident for my main 2 plants. Oops😂 my bad I’m distracted with my friends over.

5 Likes

“Glass” pipes are usually Pyrex. That’s why they are much harder to shatter and bouncy. lol

3 Likes

Yeah. Borosilicate not soda like glass though. That much I remember when I bought it. I never knew how much better that really made it in the end LoL

3 Likes

Much better! I had a real glass water pipe once. Barely tapped it setting it down. It lasted a whole week.

4 Likes

Shuddup you sosij. Just let people be. Like the bloody gestapo :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I like the structure of my soil from outside I mixed with the dried leaves I pruned off, some Epsom salt, gypsum, acid loving fertilizer, and found the garlic bulb not composted yet. It cracked open, so if I should just mulch it and spread it around to feed the soil sulfur I will. If it’ll still grow I’ll give it a shot. Currently it’s warming up with mosquito bits over it to be safe just in case with gnats. It’s pretty wet right now, so I’m letting it sit for a bit to dry out before I mix in compost. Too wet right now. The rain soaked in a decent amount. The extra humidity will help the house to raise up. The open windows will add fresh air and humidity too, so bonus.

I’ll be adding my herb garden updates in a separate thread most likely as I do enjoy gardening as a whole. I love to try new things and see what works. If the plants won’t grow it’s a bad soil. If they love it I did well.

Once this soil is finished I’ll be growing purple basil, cilantro, garlic chives, mint, and anything else I feel like really.

2 Likes

Now I’m mixing up the foliar water now. I’ll add the foliar mix in after the water is at the right temperature.

It’s at 86f now, so it’s cooling down waiting for lights off to foliar feed. I have everything ready to mix and get ready to go once it’s time. Until then the humidity has been improving now that spring has come properly and everything is wet outside. the fresh air and humidity from outside will help cycle out the air and bring humidity back above 16% base.

2 Likes

Foliar mixed up now that the water is at 71f. Already in the spray bottle waiting for lights out now.

They’re looking very happy today :blush:

I raised up the lights again to 20" above now.

5 Likes

All have been foliar fed. The one next to the runt and control will fall over if the top gets heavy, so they’re not as rooted as they could be.

IDK how much I’m supposed to be spraying on them, but I got the entire surface area of the plants top and bottom of the leaves covered until dripping twice with a 15 minutes period between both sprays. Now I’m letting them soak it up and sleep.

2 Likes

Generally a fine mist just enough to get it damp under and on top of the leaves though some spray til dripping to ensure all is covered…either way works :wink:

3 Likes

I may have sprayed too heavily as I see swollen looking leaves now. Last time I thought this though they recovered by the time I woke up the next morning, so let’s see what happens.

Otherwise humidity is approaching 30% now. It was 33% last night and 27% when I peeked in a little bit ago. Now that I’ve woken up a little I’ll go in and take some pictures.

2 Likes

Each of them are Mildly leaning to one side, but once they are transplanted tomorrow they’ll be much happier. Growth is keeping a good pace now.

6 Likes

Looking great…tight nodes, 5 finger leaves, healthy growth. They’ll definitely benefit going into a bigger pot - even a shared one followed with lst to open up the lower growth…i’ll update mine here after awhile as I am flipping lights tomorrow

5 Likes

Ok here is my Lucky’s…

7’s

Charms

Their lower nodes are just about caught up with the upper ones and just about ready to take cuttings from the 2nd (middle) nodes though only 2" tall atm…flipping their lights tomorrow should give a nice stretch to take new clones in a week so they are ~4" tall - hopefully they’ll show sex fast since they had a little taste of it already

Charms F3’s…growing well though are needing an up-pot with fresh soil. Gotta look for 6" pots to put them into though will probably be 2qt pots as I have plenty of those hanging around…we’ll see what I can come up with over the next few days

Clones…Charms are looking great though the 7’s not so much. All are firmly attached to their peat pellets so just waiting on roots to actually show before I remove them from the seedling tray and into 3" pots for a week or so

(((fingers crossed))) the 7 cuttings pull through

4 Likes