MOTR grows with OniTenshu

There has been one issue after another in Oni’s 2nd grow. Learning lessons thread …indeed he is! After struggling for a bit, I advised to replace his light in the cheapest way I know how as his babies are pretty much shot for a decent harvest though good to practice with while getting to know how cannabis grows and communicates…at the moment, the ladies are doing fairly well though still struggling.

I kept thinking about it and had a great idea to help out Oni:

I figure, why not? I help people out locally with their struggling grows though usually by the time I come along, there are so many issues it is better to just start over with a small grow while they save up some funds then teach them how to double the soil with each grow until the volume needed is reached to rotate and maintain it…lets face it, this is not a cheap hobby to have. Anyhow, this is usually done by pm, email or even by text as Ak is a huge state…a forum would be an excellent place to track it :stuck_out_tongue:

His reply:

Meanwhile, I was asked to do another F2 preservation run…this time Lucky Charms though like DBHP, its on my “to grow” list to find and get so I haven’t had the opportunity to try it. I eventually settled on Greenpoints Lucky 7’s to try figuring that is probably the closest i’ll get to it. That is, until the preservation runs :stuck_out_tongue:

What a great opportunity to do a quick bud run growing both at the same time to compare (and try) then do a seed run with clones right after! Even better, Black X Champagne is currently 2 wks old (tomorrow) so can be done around the same time opening up the rest of my 2x3x4 space to F2 Lucky 7’s too!!!

So Hibernate is getting pushed back…again. Thats ok, the stars seem to be aligned for this to happen :stuck_out_tongue:

Today, I sent out Oni’s mystery grow kit with almost everything he needs to take 1-2 Lucky 7’s to harvest:

4 1" pots
diy seed starter
4 3" pots
diy light potting mix
3 gallon fabric pot
3 gallons diy soil mix
Clover seeds for a cover crop
Transplant powder
2 different grow drenches simply marked 1 and 2
Bloom transition foliar
Insect Frass

Next month I will send the bloom drench as I had to order more myself…thats ok as we won’t need it until March as its not applied until after budset. Now I did forget to include the most critical thing… the instructions!

As you can see, this will be fairly quick journal as I have f2’s to make and get them out to all of you :stuck_out_tongue:

Edited: update instructions time frame

30 Likes

Good on you ma! I’m sure Oni appreciates it!! Komathegrower went off yesterday on IG calling out all the ‘vet’ growers who let ego get in their way when asked questions by ‘new’ growers. This imho is what the community should be about. If feeling threatened by a new grower, that’s a YOU issue. EACH ONE TEACH ONE.

12 Likes

Oooo yaaa, looks like I got in bofore the front row sold out!

7 Likes

@MomOnTheRun. You are one awesome person. I am humbled by your generosity, it’s very refreshing to see this kind of love.

Oh and FRONT ROW!!

12 Likes

Good on you, wishing you both a good harvest.
:+1::seedling:

11 Likes

Sounds awesome and I can’t wait to start :grin:
It would seem that the humidity in my house is climbing back up from a natural 10-15% and now I’m looking at a baseline of around 47% :sweat_smile:
At least I can turn up the exhaust fan as needed to adjust humidity and Temp. It did rain, so that makes sense. Also tbh as much as people around here are forgetting because of changing weather patterns, the truth is it’s time for the weather to head into spring transition now. We just missed winter and it’s not like the winter has a minimum time we’re screwed with snow.

Somehow everyone I’ve been talking to completely forgot the fact that January was pretty much always the last real winter month and from February on it got warmer. The occasional blizzard from a temperature differential and ideal conditions to make one don’t mean winter is still here. It can snow in spring LoL :joy::joy::joy:

Thanks to changing global weather yes the math is a bit off now, but truthfully thanks to my OCD I always make note of when it’s about to be spring. I can literally feel it. The first night I wake up and want to go outside without bundling up is usually my last queue to realize it’s transitioning to spring now.

Luckily even if my yield is shot on Diana and Daisey I at least have Zelda should she end up a she and the growth has picked up to a ridiculous degree in the rootzone. Once I get more soil for the 3 7 gallon pots I ordered last week I can make zelda, indigo, and GSC Happy. Too bad I can’t transplant Daisey too :sweat_smile: she’s already spread her roots to the bottom outside the pot and already air pruned them to a reddish brown shriveled up hairlike root now.

It’ll be really nice to try something new and compare to my shambling to get my babies happy😁

8 Likes

And I appreciate him for be a willing accomplice :stuck_out_tongue:

It happens from time to time as frustration sets in though looking at both sides, many new growers ignore the advice given as they go on searching spree’s getting tangled up in different ways people branch off with the different styles of growing then end up asking general questions deciphering info all over the net…experienced growers can almost copy/paste the same info on a daily basis ofc depending upon the forum and some are just perpetual douche bags anyway. Either way, new or old, stress can do weird things to people and not all personalities will get along :wink:

Absolutely!!

Awww. Its really no problem as I have everything needed just laying around as I buy in bulk besides I am “old school” …used to be you shared a bit to help one get set up then taught by example. After that its up to the “new” grower to decide to keep on the same track or go in a different direction :wink:

That is something we cannot account for being in very different environments though we will just have to roll with it anyway…the main thing is get you more experience and a decent harvest to build upon instead of going in many different directions in a single grow :wink:

And that is the difference in our climates…this time of year, mine fluctuates between 2 - 40F giving a false sense of spring approaching though more snowfall is expected every time it warms up like it has the last 2 days. Often it has to warm up to come down with rain mixed in sometimes as we pray it doesn’t freeze overnight…makes it seem like forever until March especially as we get more daylight…we are currently up to ~7hrs and will be ~19 hrs come summer solstice :wink:

Yeah. These are very tough plants that can go through a lot and still survive though surviving isn’t thriving and that is what I am hoping to help you out with :wink:

9 Likes

I figured that was the case. Once I got humidity to climb above 30% I’m seeing growth finally pick up also. That top on Zelda just looks odd. I see 4 tops formed already and a odd stem with I think 2 warped fan leaves without a stem or I’m looking at a severely stunted leaf growth. Whatever the case it wasn’t a perfect pinch for sure and now I’m learning more about the timing and reaction to stimili. It doesn’t look like it’s finished with Making the top yet😅 I still see new growth on that every day.

I see what seems to be the dots of trichomes on Zelda now, so if Zelda is in fact a Zeke that’s not the worst male to grow in isolation until I could collect the pollen for my next run of that strain. Depending on what they want me to do with it. If memory serves me I’m looking for any special phenotypes on that f1. Frosty males, fast photo, especially tolerant to diseases or mold, or any unique aspects that deserve to be stabilized should they want it. In the end I’m just testing that cross, so whatever I do in the end is up to @ModicumGenes as I’m not looking to create any drama with those who are being nice to me. Plus if I can manage to help out and get a tasty, potent, and strong auto version of Zkittlez in some way I’ll do anything I can to help out however I’m able to when asked.

3 Likes

This is my 2x3x4 cabinet…empty and with 2 20 gallon fabric pots. Folded down like they are, they hold 15 gallons

I am going to section off 2 boards on Black x Champagne side with a tarp to isolate the 3rd board for this…I need to buy one as the ones I have can wrap the 2x3x8 cabinet twice :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll get measurements soon :wink:

8 Likes

In true stoner style using feet like hands LoL

6 Likes

I finally got to sectioning off the cabinet with a tarp…smallest I could find was 6x8 for $4.88

I left a little gap open at the top for the left hand side’s exhaust…they share the same light timer so it works

The left had side is now overcrowded though this is only temporary as I will be moving the 4 auto’s back to the veg area just above this space…I can still access it by both sides which is a bonus

Now back to the right side…this is the side I will be using for the Lucky 7’s

Like my door? lol Someday I will actually complete this cabinet though this works great for now. The dimensions of the sectioned off area is 18" x 25" x 4’ which is about the size of my micro cabinet…the single qb120 worked great in there flowering :wink:

Tomorrow I will be using distilled water to wet down the 3 gallons of soil for the fabric pot as the amendments need to start breaking down and so its not just sitting there being all fluffy and moist, I will broadcast some of the clover seeds on top to get a living mulch started

12 Likes

:shamrock: :rosette: :tulip: :sunflower: :white_flower: :blossom: :cherry_blossom:

:hugging:

:evergreen_tree:

7 Likes

Nice! When I head back home today I’m grabbing more distilled water and then I’ll be seeing how my girls managed without me. The humidifier will be empty in a couple hours, bit I’m not going to be back next time LoL. I need to modify that tank somehow. It needs more capacity.

4 Likes

How much does the humidifier hold? Might not be too difficult to put a float valve in the tank that’s hooked up to a small pump in a bucket. Humidifier water level gets to a certain point, kicks on the pump to fill it back up.

6 Likes

Does anyone have a @cannabissequoia to English dictionary? :laughing:

8 Likes

It’s a 1 gallon tank. It’s too looks to be just bad enough quality that I would expect opening it up wouldn’t be too hard.

It’s a Vick’s warm mist humidifier.

2 Likes

Do you have a Fry’s electronics near you? If not, go on their web site. I have seen some nice larger capacity humidifiers that weren’t too bad, price wise. It has been my saving grace lately with computer stuff. Always good deals.

4 Likes

None at all, but in general I’m looking at 100 for a decent one either way if I go local. The area is getting gentrified

2 Likes

Go on line to Fry’s (www.frys.com) and see what they have. You can probably get a nice one for less than that, with shipping. There was another place, though I can’t remember who, that had a nice unit, on wheels, that you can set the % you want and had a big reservoir. I think it was about $70. I will try to find what it was as I would like it for myself, in my shower grow. In SoCal where the summers can sometimes get to single digits in RH.

------ Add-on ---------

Just checked. The one I was thinking about at Fry’s is $90, which I though was around $50. It also has a smaller tank than I thought. Will still try to find the other one.

3 Likes

Honestly I’ll be getting a humidifier that I can set the percentage next time. :sweat_smile: Same with the dehumidifier.

For now I’ll just LITFA and wait for the weather to change. It’s too much stress for me RN with no budget :sweat_smile:

2 Likes