MOTR grows with OniTenshu

Foliar mixed up now that the water is at 71f. Already in the spray bottle waiting for lights out now.

They’re looking very happy today :blush:

I raised up the lights again to 20" above now.

5 Likes

All have been foliar fed. The one next to the runt and control will fall over if the top gets heavy, so they’re not as rooted as they could be.

IDK how much I’m supposed to be spraying on them, but I got the entire surface area of the plants top and bottom of the leaves covered until dripping twice with a 15 minutes period between both sprays. Now I’m letting them soak it up and sleep.

2 Likes

Generally a fine mist just enough to get it damp under and on top of the leaves though some spray til dripping to ensure all is covered…either way works :wink:

3 Likes

I may have sprayed too heavily as I see swollen looking leaves now. Last time I thought this though they recovered by the time I woke up the next morning, so let’s see what happens.

Otherwise humidity is approaching 30% now. It was 33% last night and 27% when I peeked in a little bit ago. Now that I’ve woken up a little I’ll go in and take some pictures.

2 Likes

Each of them are Mildly leaning to one side, but once they are transplanted tomorrow they’ll be much happier. Growth is keeping a good pace now.

6 Likes

Looking great…tight nodes, 5 finger leaves, healthy growth. They’ll definitely benefit going into a bigger pot - even a shared one followed with lst to open up the lower growth…i’ll update mine here after awhile as I am flipping lights tomorrow

5 Likes

Ok here is my Lucky’s…

7’s

Charms

Their lower nodes are just about caught up with the upper ones and just about ready to take cuttings from the 2nd (middle) nodes though only 2" tall atm…flipping their lights tomorrow should give a nice stretch to take new clones in a week so they are ~4" tall - hopefully they’ll show sex fast since they had a little taste of it already

Charms F3’s…growing well though are needing an up-pot with fresh soil. Gotta look for 6" pots to put them into though will probably be 2qt pots as I have plenty of those hanging around…we’ll see what I can come up with over the next few days

Clones…Charms are looking great though the 7’s not so much. All are firmly attached to their peat pellets so just waiting on roots to actually show before I remove them from the seedling tray and into 3" pots for a week or so

(((fingers crossed))) the 7 cuttings pull through

4 Likes

Sorry I don’t have pictures from the transplant. The soil they were in still had a decent amount of water left in it and the soil was very giving to pressure. All 3 seedlings may be stressed now from the rootball getting exposed nearly entirely. I added insect frass and transplant powder beneath them.

The runt had the best root system in the 4 pots. The control wasn’t all the way to the bottom of the pot and the bottom held too much moisture. The biggest plants had the smaller roots.

All 4 are in the middle now and as good as I’m able to get them. I hope the stress wasn’t too much on them as the soil was falling apart as I was moving them to the 3 gallon pot.

I lowered the lights to get it to 19" above them. I could probably use the box to get them at around the same canopy as the rest, but I’m not sure of the structural integrity of the box anymore.

3 Likes

Sounds about right though they are tough plants and will rebound pretty quickly

Some add insect frass to their transplant for an extra root booster though its not needed with our soil and how we trained them until the 2nd week of flower so at budset, the extra calcium, silica, chitin, potassium and phosphorus boost is there when its used most as well as, stimulating the plants defense giving more trichomes…insect frass is water soluble so the nutrients are added and used up pretty fast so in my mind, its a waste adding it with the transplant as there are plenty of nutrients available in the new soil. Adding more at this point runs the risk of burning them so if they show a p-k toxicity we’ll know why though the little bit is probably negligible… time will tell :wink:

Yup! The runt traded root growth for top growth more than the bigger ones while they found a balance between top and bottom growth in the smaller pots…totally normal. Now their root zone will branch out into the new soil more efficiently. Here is a great visual:

Yeah, the box probably won’t be able to hold them anymore so onto the floor it is :wink:

This weeks homework:

Thursday: 4c (32oz) plain water give 1/2c at a time around the pot and lst to bring the top down by the next ones stem to get light to the lower nodes
Friday: 1/2 tsp transition foliar per 2c water
Sunday: 4c (32oz) plain water give 1/2c at a time around the pot

6 Likes

Love your posts with graphics.

2 Likes

The control is wilted now. It might end up the culled one in the end at this rate.

I stopped by the house to check up on the grow while I was busy today.

The largest plant has a sprout growing at it’s base. I didn’t add any clover, so I’m not really sure what that is. It was in the 3" pot when it showed up

For some reason I’m popular today. All my friends HMU this morning asking to chill. At the same time :sweat_smile:

For now I’m off to smoke and chill for the first time. Here’s the pics in question

And the odd sprout

4 Likes

You did water them in right? If you didn’t, give them 3c water…1/2c at a time to get them til Thursday

Sounds like you received a volunteer. Of what? it could be clover, chamomile, lambsquarters or a sprout from seeding Jelly Pie or DBHP that dropped as the 3" pot soil is from a pile of my previous grows that needed amending. Using it as is for the smaller pots is perfect to give the little ones some nutrients before they get the full enchilada in the bigger pot… if it weren’t right in the middle of the root system I’d leave it though because it is, yank it. If you can tease it out, you can grow it in another pot to see what it actually is

Right on! Have fun!

5 Likes

I didn’t water them in like a dumbass. I’ve been fog brained lately. :sweat_smile: My bad.
I’ll add the water now. Lights just went off.

2 Likes

All watered now and the sprout was pulled. It grew deep down.

I honestly don’t really care enough for that cutting enough even if it’s improving, so I could swap out the 2 if I want to see what it is. Otherwise I could use Daisey’s old pot to grow it in if I want to see what it is also.

1 Like

Yeah though we want as many girls as we can and it hasn’t done bad at all

Sure or scrape some soil off to fill one of the 1" pot’s, set it in and water it every 2-3 days for a couple weeks

3 Likes

I’ll try that then. It needs some soil on top removed anyways.

2 Likes

It’s been transferred and I’m not sure if it’ll survive though. I may have accidentally ripped it off the root, so we’ll see.

I’ve oddly found my TV can keep a seedling Happy. When I looked with a camera app that analyzed the colors it saw and showed me a graph it has a pretty high amount of RGB and UV too I think or it’s a close color in the graph. It stopped stretching at one point on a plant I grew awhile ago.

If it pulls through and I hope so :pray::grimacing: I’m interested in seeing what it is. The sprout looks just like a cilantro sprout looks though. Intriguing

3 Likes

Yeah no big deal if it doesn’t

Interesting though not really a steady source least around here where cartoons and crime drama’s are mostly on with the occasional football game…everyone would be pissed if I set seedlings in front of it

Yeah its neat to see what volunteers turn out to be…an unexpected gift :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

The TV I have is wall mounted and angled downwards. The seedling is in the table below. So far no sad look on it so let’s see what happens next.

All the seedlings look better today. They each unfortunately got some dirt on them during transplant, so the usual issues from that are happening now. Unless that’s just my imagination. It could be circumstance in every case so far. Anything I see I could easily assume to be from the transplant and the heavy hand I had.

I tried to get the control moved up, but she’s not budging from that angle. I guess she’s on a headstart on training if she’s going to be stubborn and plant her feet like that.

Aside from some transplant shock from disturbed roots I’m surprisingly seeing growth is still continuing at a steady pace regardless. Though maybe if it’s what I suspect the growth could be a result of the extra rooting to stabilize themselves before they pause for a bit. Hopefully not the last part. I’ll take the extra growth with no downside thank you very much :sweat_smile:

The Basil is just confusing really. Yesterday it was bent over like it was too heavy on top or somehow it was acting like it was making a new top. Though I’m only wanting a lot of leaf growth really. That Basil has done a great job at keeping pests away.

The cutting has started new top growth today.

4 Likes

Okay, so the tent has now stabilized across the entire tent now. Unfortunately lower humidity, but the whole tent is at 23% humidity now.

Does that mean the airflow is too intense and the localized environment can’t compete with it?

Either way today they look much better than before.

Soon the soil will be ready to add in a new fabric pot with some purple Basil. It should help add some foliage in the gaps too. Even out the giant air gap there :sweat_smile:

Anyways now let’s show the little ones and see how they did now that they’ve had time to drink and settle.

4 Likes