Mr Wizard makes another stab at it

How can I say no as much as this bunch (including you especially) have helped me.

Oh, and to be precise, it is rated for 15A general load or 20A resistive load.
Idec RH1B-U - plus you need the base too.

20221102_182233

20221102_182051

Notice I am only switching the hot leg through the relay, the neutral goes straight to the outlet.

And this one I wired a bit different. 1 Outlet is always hot, and the other outlet is switched through the relay. That way the Zwave module is always powered up, and then my home automation can trigger the module which turns on the second outlet.

8 Likes

Looking great in here man :slight_smile: Sorry to see the bad luck with the males…

Personally I would try to address the light leaks and stick to photo fems until you get a method you’ve used a few times. If I remember right you are trying to catch up to having a flower surplus. Autos are nice, but people genuinely underestimate how easy it is to stunt some of them and end up without much to show for an entire grow.

I’m not an “Auto hater” I’ve probably grown more autos than photos honestly, and my username is an auto pun to boot… But if I am going for yield I go photos 100% because they are way more tolerant of things not going perfectly.

Setup looks great, things are looking nice, awesome work!

4 Likes

Day 63: Just starting to show pistols.

DLI 41 @ 11.5 hours daylight.

Not sure what the term lung room means, but it sounds like it might be what I ended up doing. Tent is in the garage. I have a dehumidifier running on continuous outside the tent, and the AC set at 70f also outside, but both blowing behind the tent. So I am essentially conditioning the ambient around the tent. I then use an uncontrolled duct booster set on low (intentionally low so as not drop the Rh “too” much) to suck in that dry air. In this config it has tendency to be slightly too humid in the tent so I use a large AC Infinity duct fan to pull in more dry air as needed controlled by the high humidity setting. Working extremely well right now considering the 90+% Rh outside.

The blip around 6pm was were I opened the tent to do maintenance.

9 Likes

Thanks for your pics of the Relay Box. That is a very clever solution to a knotty problem! Nicely Done.

She looks a little pale in the pics, is that just lighting? What are you feeding that girl?

-Grouchy

3 Likes

Blend of Dyna Gro Grow and Bloom.

Adding more nutes every day to around 1200ppm.
I have seen a little tip burn on her all along so I am afraid to push it harder.

Should I?

4 Likes

Nope, I wouldn’t risk it and 1200 ppm seems right.

I switched to Jack’s for this grow and I’m running EC 2.4 (about 1200 ppm) in late harvest with great results so far.

OG x GG4 RIL @Floyd

If you are thinking of a switch to Auto Fems, take a look at what @BU2B accomplished with @Nagel420’s Black Cream! Mondo yield with minimal training in your flavor of hydro!

Automatic Writing

8 Likes

The dynamics of this grow were a little different. I started with 4 plants, which being rDWC all get fed by the same rez. All along this plant showed a bit of tip burn but none of the other 3 plants did, so I went with the majority and pushed it to 1300ppm. After chopping the last male I dropped it down to 1200. It doesnt seem to get any worse than what you see here.

7 Likes

Thanks @MumenRyder

Yeah, I am waffling between the Photo Fems vs Auto Fems.

For this grow I am not too worried about the light leaks. My day cycle pretty much is in step with nature this time of year. I keep the garage dark, and avoid going in the garage at night, if I do I only use a small light at the opposite end of the garage.

I am putting a new tent on my Christmas wishlist. Thinking about a 48x48x80 AC Infinity. Open to other suggestions. Then will use this 3’ x 3’ tent for drying.

Between the hydro and some LST I seem to be successful getting a plant to bush out. For example this plant is using every bit of the 3x3 tent, and since I thought it was an auto I was very gentle with the LST.

In a 4x4 I figure I could grow one very bushy photo plant using all the LST tricks, or two plants without doing any LST tricks. LOL, sooner or later I will build up a little surplus reserve!

7 Likes

Looking for a quality tent, disappointed in my current Gorilla.

Need to give my DW my Xmas wishlist.

Does anybody have an opinion on the AC Infinity 48x48x80 tents?

Is there a higher quality option?

4 Likes

Interesting… Usually Gorilla is touted as the highest quality option out there :thinking:

I’m using some tents from ebay and a hydropolis 4x4 I bought locally but I can’t say any one is better than the other’s. They’re all pretty much the same to me…

AC Infinity’s tents look really nice though and if you’re already using their fans and such it should just “work”. They have mounts for the controller built-in to the tent and whatnot. Price isn’t crazy either. Probably the way to go…

4 Likes

This one plant is taking up every bit of the 3ft tent. If I can keep it alive it might produce a decent yield.

Going to pull it out of the tent later today so I can reconfigure the tent a bit, and do some manicuring. Need to replace the Inkbird that failed etc. This last week has been a little tough keeps things on target.

Going to start incorporating some Home Automation as well. Nothing mission critical until I can do some validation and debug, but I am going to add Zwave and Zigbee functionality which opens up a world of possibilities.

8 Likes

Pretty Color!

GR

1 Like

I’ve also heard AC infinity is pretty good. Their fans are some of the best available right now IMO.

Another option I would suggest is Plant House tents if you are in the USA.

They are the in house brand for GrowersHouse.com and they are the tents that I use for my 2x2s

The only issue I see with their 4x4 is that it is only 73 inches tall:

Their 2x2s are extra tall which is one reason I use them. They are the most light proof tents I have used.

Random tip, but with any new tent I would use silicon lube or zipper wax on the zippers before you use them and then do that again about once a year. Makes the zippers way easier to open/close and keeps the zippers from breaking.

1 Like

Gave sweet wife the AC Infinty link for xmas wishlist…

Gutted tent and reconfigured, repaired, cleaned, and repopulated it. Watching it like a hawk waiting for the space to settle down.

Roots look OK.

Cherry Limeade for scale, the Frostie moniker doesnt apply yet, but I suspect it will…
Not bad for a 3x3 tent, me thinks… Especially considering my rookie skill level. I do ok in the tent, not so much outdoors.

8 Likes

Its a girl…

Am I reading this right? Looks sativa like in flower structure?

5 Likes

Am I reading this right? Looks sativa like in flower structure?

I’m thinking hybrid, sati dominant. Very pretty for sure! :+1:

1 Like

Well, at the time of planting, my original estimate was for a harvest by Turkey Day, now I am guessing hopefully by Christmas.

16 days after flip.

10 Likes

I was actually leaning the other way of hybrid and indica dom. It’s hard to see scale but she’s got some fat leaves.

Looks like your getting some stretch. Where do you stand on defoliating?

3 Likes

Man, I love all the bells and whistles in your set up!!
I never did 2 plants per 5 gallon buckets myself. The root balls start clogging drains.
I also ran, long ago now, 1300-1900 ppm’s, in my Krusty buckets.
Now, I run a beggar man set up, with as few variables as possible. I run to waste. Solution for veg 550 PPM’s, MasterBlend Tomato food.
Then solution for flower , is the veg solution, and I add Morbloom, 750-900 ppm’s it also drops PH to a perfect 5.7- 5.9, so as I add it back into the reservoir, that remaining solution will be in 8.0 range after 10-14 days of feeding the tray.
Recheck an hour later on, it’s always 6.0-6.2, slowly creeping up.
The pump runs at lights on only.
My silly crop steering device:

Wish you all the best in your endeavor.

2 Likes

Base of trunk has been stripped clean of any leaves or branches that wont develop.
Will take a pic tonight.

I have removed a couple of large handfuls of fan leaves so far. Struggling with the balance there, how much is too much. Mostly I remove the ones shading the branches I want to save.

I keep hearing that the fan leaves are the heartbeat of photosynthesis, I jsut dont how much defol is too much/little.

5 Likes