Mr Wizard makes another stab at it

Painful isn’t it? Lol everyone does it there own way. Let me ask you this how do you feel about trimming and how photogenic do you want your buds to be?

2 Likes

Here are a fews example of my trim jobs. IMHO a bit of a lazy trim, but it was good enough for me. Love sharing photos but I will never qualify for High Times, and I am cool with that.

8 Likes

From the base up…

11 Likes

Don’t feel bad I’m in the same boat. Also I kinda like peeling some of the green off to trash right before I get to the parts I want. Makes me feel like they are protected.

Really going to push myself to defoliate more to make trimming easier.

2 Likes

I see a lot of similar trim jobs here on OG, specially from the folks that only grow for themselves. Which is me, I dont sell so I dont care if someone looks at it and calls it “just homegrown”, those folks will never get to smoke it anyway. Wise folks know better than to judge a bud by the trim job.

Now the CURE is a different story, I am working on that. A good cure makes a ton of difference.

5 Likes

The stuff on the black plastic bag looks pretty tight. It really is a chore to get a really nice manicured trim. I wouldn’t bother if it were just for me.

3 Likes

Starting to smell good, my wife thinks it stinks!

10 Likes

Amen, forget the trim focus on the cure. I expect you have some high tech James bond shit? Freeze dried, AI climate controlled tech?

I am jealous of all your toys.

1 Like

Nope, just the tent, and some Grove Bags.
I have tendency to dry it too fast, working on that though…

3 Likes

Removed another couple handfuls today. Anything low and larfy looking.

@GrouchyOldMan after seeing yours, I bought one of those AC Infinity oscillating fans. I love it, grips the tent poles nice and the oscillation range is a FULL 90 degrees. Didnt bother hooking it up to the controller though, still dont see the benefit. I just plugged it in and let it go. Might have to get another.

I have been taking a shine to AC Infinity line of gear. Most off it seems well suited to our hobby. Of course some of their stuff is just rebranded common stuff, but the stuff they design themselves is usually pretty cool.

9 Likes

If you have the controller, probably some benefit to using it to give the oscillating motor a periodic rest as recommended by the manufacturer. Not exactly sure how many hours per day they recommended but it’s something less than 24 I know. I’m sure it’s a cover their ass warranty thing but can’t hurt.

3 Likes

Thank you for this ^^^^

It was only a fan, I didnt bother to read the manual! Silly me!
You prompted me to do so… Thank you!

2 Likes

I bet this is probably true of all the oscillating fans. Thanks for that info

3 Likes

Figured I was going to lose that top cola to light burn anyway, so gave this a try, not sure what it will do. Couldnt bring myself to just chop it!

7 Likes

Cleaned the tent and reconfigured for cold weather.

Well, at least that top cola isnt withering away.

Took the plant out and did some defol, dont want the center to lack airflow.

This plant caught me off guard, wasnt expecting the photo thing, and the stretch, figuring it out as I go!

10 Likes

She is a beauty and it looks like you are gonna fill some Jars! :fireworks:

Nice work on this one, even if she did throw you a curve!

-Grouchy

4 Likes

My original estimate was Thanksgiving, the canna-spirit thought differently.

Flowers are now popping out everywhere, now to see how they bulk up.

Any guesses? I am thinking another month.

Oh, and got the 2nd fan, set them up on a 50% duty cycle, while one is on - the other is off, switching every hour.

7 Likes

Give it to the river gods :sunglasses: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :fire: :peace_symbol:

4 Likes

I’d guess about 5-6 weeks out still honestly, but that’s just my opinion of course.

It’s sort of a superstition that I share with some others, but IMO plants in DWC always take a little longer but yield more.

I do think you’re gonna have a lot of finished product… Plant looks great!

2 Likes

I think the stretch has stopped, and the buds are putting on a little weight.

11 Likes