MrGreenJeans starts growing!

Holy heck @MrGreenJeans did i read that correctly and you caught a contact high off that scissor hash?

Man ive been smoking everyday multiple times a day for years. Sometimes i forget how powerful marijuana can be. Some strains get me all weirded and wound up almost like the oncoming of a bad trip but never have i felt like i was actually tripping.
40 year break youre going to be shooting for the moon when you take your first hit after 40 years.

Edit: i totally missed the part where u said there was a bit left in the bong neck that you cleared out

1 Like

Yep! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It was just a little more than a contact high. I finished off what was left in the chamber. I figure she took nearly three quarters of that last hit, and left me some leftovers. I’m going to have to start slowly when I get back at it.

1 Like

Definitely gonna have to take it slow lol.
In highschool i just got off probation and i took a piece of bud out of my gpops drawer and it was like a 0.25 or less. I rolled a spider leg joint and smoked half of it and when i went back to class i was mentally hanging on for dear life. Lol i felt like i couldnt breath and shit i was so stoned. Then some chick smelled it on me and was like come on lets go smoke and i was like nah im good and she wouldnt stop asking so i tried to give her the half of spider leg and when she seen it she goes wtf is that theres nothing there im good and rolled out lol

1 Like

:joy: Cue Cheech and Chong from the second scene in Up In Smoke, when Cheech is fumbling around in his pocket for joint.

2 Likes

LOL, you have a great day now @MrGreenJeans

1 Like

The last two years, I’ve grown only from late summer through early winter, because the temperature and humidity in my grow room are easier to manage during that time of year. I live in an area that gets very hot and humid during the depths of summer, and I’m not willing to fight Mother Nature tooth and nail. I can heat my grow room pretty easily, but keeping it cool presents more of a problem.

This year, I’m getting an earlier start. The temperature and humidity are mild enough from late winter through early summer that I think I can manage to get a crop of auto-flowers through to harvest.

I received a flip of Pound Cake and a flip of Bessie Cake, both auto-flower regulars, from @Going2fast last summer. Two of each, along with one randomly-selected “mystery seed” from @Reznfingeez33, went into the incubator last Sunday.

I use the paper towel method to germinate seeds. To date, every seed I’ve ever attempted to grow has sprouted a taproot using this method. Because I keep the house in the 60s during winter, the germinating seeds need a little extra warmth. They get that from an old router, which I plug in and lay on its side in a desk drawer. On top of that, a layer of foam insulation (to keep the bottom plate from getting too hot), and a sandwich of two plates with wet paper towels and seeds soaking inside. I leave the drawer open a few inches to let out the extra heat.

Two days later:

The straggler (whose taproot is barely starting to poke free of the seed casing in the photo above) is one of the Pound Cakes. Everybody else got put into a 3-gallon container of soil that had been pre-heated to 74 degrees in the grow room. The straggler got an extra day or two in the incubator, and was put into soil mid-week. It now shares a pot with the mystery bean. The straggler hadn’t made much progress on taproot development, even with the extra time in the incubator. So that one may not survive. But they’re all in the soil now.

I’m doing a few small experiments: Two of the pots (the ones containing #1 of each strain) have speed holes burned in around their sides, in an attempt to provide more oxygen. I got that idea from one of our fellow OGers, who uses Solo cups riddled with holes. (Sorry, but I wasn’t taking notes to keep track of who that was.) These “holy” pots also contain a layer of Alaska Fish Fertilizer (5.1.1) two thirds of the way down, where the pots with the #2s do not.

Other than that, the soil is a lot like what I’ve been using: Organic potting soil amended with compost, perlite, some FoxFarms Coco Loco, worm castings and a dose of organic Bio-tone Starter Plus sprinkled in around where the seeds went it.

By the end of the week, everybody but the straggler had poked his or her head above ground. This is my first time (in the modern era) growing regular seeds. Judging by the vigor of Bessie Cake #1, I won’t be surprised if that one is a male. It was above ground only two days after hitting the soil (four days from dry seed to green sprout)!

My light is set at about 15% power, for a nice, stress-free approximation of an early spring day. ...A day that lasts for 18 hours, with a temperature ranging between 73 and 75 degrees, and humidity at a relatively dry 34% (despite the fact that we've had rain for most of this week), hence the humidity domes.

Wish me luck!
5 Likes

Very cool! I find that method to be ideal as well, it just works. Perfectly! Good luck , you’ve got this for sure! Looking forward to the fun

1 Like

Awesome can’t wait to see how these turn out. Good luck green jeans :+1: sitting on the dock with a comfy chair and a Fresca in hand :laughing:

2 Likes

Very cool my friend and a well thought out start. But you are misinformed. All of my autos are ladies. I’ve never done regulars. Sorry for the mixup.

4 Likes

BETTER YET! :star_struck: More buds to enjoy!

Today marks the 1 week anniversary of these seeds getting wet. The #2 Pound Cake – which is sharing her pot with the Mystery Bean – still hasn’t reared her head above soil.

2 Likes

TWO WEEKS since germination:

The humidity domes came off mid-week, and my evaporative humidifier went into the grow room, along with my fan. The light got turned up a little; now at 25%. Temperature is 74 degrees and humidity is 45%. The fan is set to blow five times a day at its slowest speed, half an hour at a time, to help strengthen the stems. Those stems are pretty long, but the plants all look healthy. Pound Cake #2 never did make an appearance above the soil. So the Mystery Bean gets that pot all to his- or herself.

POUND CAKE #1 (the first of the batch to emerge from the soil)

BESSIE CAKE #1

BESSIE CAKE #2

MYSTERY BEAN

Hmmm... A closer look at Bessie Cake #2 reveals an intruder. This little veggie comes from the composter. Any guesses as to what it might be? (I don't know yet.) It won't be there for long, since I don't want it taking up the nutrients allocated to Bessie Cake #2.

The compost provides other living things to the grow room too, so I've hung a string of fly paper. It's caught some gnats, a few small flies, and a couple of other little bugs.
5 Likes

Zucchini…

3 Likes

That could be. We’ve grown that a time or two. My guess is cucumber, based on how often my wife eats them. It’s a very robust-looking sprout, any way.

3 Likes

There are some slight differences, obviously I’m bored.

2 Likes

Pumpkin. Or zucchini. Some type of squash.

2 Likes

The seed shell should be right there! I can’t zoom it.

1 Like

Just read through the whole post, very well written journal! Love that you are doing it partly to take care of your friends and family. Thanks for posting it!

1 Like

Grow kind Mr Greenjeans?
Either way was good journal.

1 Like

Thank you! :blush:

I’m writing to provide instructions for anyone who hasn’t done a lot of growing. There are so many growers here that are leagues ahead of me, and their posts are so incredibly informative… My contributions pale in comparison. But ya’ gotta start somewhere, right?

2 Likes

I don’t understand your question. :thinking: …But I’m glad you enjoyed reading my post. :+1:

Thank you!