Multi strain test run

Smoking some really tasty weed tonight grape pie Oregon cut. Excellent smoke great flavour. Thanks again really enjoyed it.

@SHSC-1

17 Likes

right on man, glad you are enjoying that. :wink:

4 Likes

Clones taken yesterday a bit sad .

24 hrs later looking happy.

Now if I could just get seeds to survive as good as the clones. Batting average is zero lately.

17 Likes

You’re a superb grower I doubt it has anything to do with you

4 Likes

@Jetdro
It’s been driving me crazy everything I try leads to damping off or they’ll grow decent tap roots come up half an inch outta the dirt and stall .

Tried different medium even resorted to breaking out the humidifier to see if I could make them grow. At least 4/5 different ways of sprouting seeds and not friggin chance .

Was just looking through my seeds to see who’s next on death row. Put them away to live another day didn’t have the heart.

7 Likes

@ShiskaberrySavior Have you tried this method?

2 Likes

Thanks I’ve tried that method and it does germinate the seeds well it’s getting them past that point I’m struggling with . Happy New Year

3 Likes

have you tried not having sex with another man while there seedlings???

1 Like

Say what? You talking about Willis ?

1 Like

Have you tried using CFL for light the first week? Some of the LEDs and the added UV will cook the seedlings.

Good call on lighting just using t5 in a small tent it’s possible the temperatures part of the issue as it’s quite cool but I’m using a heat mat to compensate.

I’ll start some more seeds next couple days and try and up the temp and humidity and see if that helps . Thanks

2 Likes

I’ve had issues with seedlings too. Seedling mats can be a hidden bugaboo. That tap root in a tiny pot or plug, hits bottom and can get cooked.

Two things i do to avoid overheating my taproot:
-put heat mats on a timer, 15 mins on, 15 mins off, or some other config that jives with my needs/environment
-use slightly larger starter pots

Not sure if this is what you are experiencing, or maybe it checks another box.

Anyway, let’s get past this three state killing spree you are on, and get some viable babies going soon.

For the record, I’ve been going without the heat mat lately. My bottom temp on 18/6 is 62f, top temp is near 75-77f. Seedling no worse for wear. I use spider farmer 1000 24" above pots.

1 Like

Thanks that thought has crossed my mind cooked root. I put a couple nursery trays between the mat and pots so pretty sure they’re not getting cooked .

3 Likes

Ok, there’s gotta be something. Unseen root bug, ugh, wish i could be of more help.

I do, however, have an unlimited supply of seeds I will never use. They are not meant to be grown out, but they can serve as test subjects. I’d gladly send you a hundred or two to mess around with.

Good luck on the fix find, and a happy and healthy New year to you and yours :+1:

2 Likes

How are you storing your beans?

2 Likes

Fresh right out of the mail I’ve tried to freezer long term storage. It’s me I’ve send out seeds to others that didn’t have a problem.
Appreciate the offer just been pissing me off on several that I wanted to grow . I’ve got several volunteers to test that are expendable. Those will be the ones that do grow. lol

Thanks guys happy New year to you as well.

5 Likes

Hey brother, i was facing more or less the same problem with my seeds …

My germination was fine, but when it went to coco it damped off and died…

I think it’s to do with the fungus, so what I did was…

I cleaned my room thoroughly and sterilized coco like we do for mushroom (pour boiling hot water in it and close it and leave it for some time) then started seeds in it, seemed to do the trick for me…

What I plan to do next time is to do the exact steps with added step of adding rice hulls on top of the coco, what it does is, it keeps the top of the medium dry so the fungus stays away from it (or at least that’s the gist of it lol)…

Once you get past the first 15 days then there’s nothing to worry about…

Good luck brother, happy new year and sending only positive vibes :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart: :pray::pray::pray:

4 Likes

Happy New Year to you too. Have a fine day, and get ready for the battles ahead :wink:

Thanks for the tip I’ve got one more attempt to see if a warmer tent more humidity and new dixi cups will help .
If not I’ll do a complete clean of everything and see if that was the issue.

6 Likes

happy new year @ShiskaberrySavior !! :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like