Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 2)

Psilocybin is barely soluble in alcohol, but psilocin is soluble, so it depends on the mushroom’s specs, but most don’t have much psilocin (see 2023 Psilocybin Cub results).

Your best plan is to make a warm water extraction, and then make it shelf stable with alcohol.

Scroll to the table on the second page for reference:

6 Likes

same here, if I do sell um its to cover the cost of growin um which I have more fun growing than eating these days. free mush is a good way to help with friends shitty days

4 Likes

You said that there might be some spores that would be happy under some trees?

4 Likes

Yep have some fresh ones will put into mail.

6 Likes

You Reggae, Brother.

6 Likes

Back at you!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

A few people a while back asked for prints in this post share your post asking and pm me I’ll get the John Allen prints out. Only those I told I would for now. I will make more on my next flush.

7 Likes

thats an awesome idea! I bet theirs all kinds of applications for mushrooms in this sort of turning waste into something useful, nice to see at least your doin it

3 Likes

Hi all, I am considering again and again growing my own shrooms.

I’ve been dealing with some nerve pain for the past 18 months or so and I started daily microdosing three times a day about 2 months ago. There are definitely noticeable results in both the level of my pain and my ability to deal with it positively.

One thing I’m wondering is, How likely will I be successful if I can’t control temperature? Temps will likely stay between 70 and 73° in the room where I can grow them.

7 Likes

Ban Hua Thanon seemed not too picky a strain and did well during temperature swings. That would work in your environment among others.

3 Likes

Most mushies will thrive in those temps. Just remember that it’s hotter in the tub than it is in the room

5 Likes

Do you guys think nats would be good to start with?

I noticed they are highly resistant to contamination, and it seems like most beginners fail due to contamination.

Also, if I accidentally dose a bit too high with cubes it is uncomfortable lol… I’m thinking if Nats have a more mellow trip then that would be less of an issue.

2 Likes

you couldnt ask for better temps
nats are easy to grow and are more mellow in my experience. If you take to much no its not uncomfortable. If you are microdosing usually taking .25g or less so even if you double that amount you might get a bit of pretrip feelings maybe slight visual distortion but thats it.

5 Likes

Guys, I really appreciate you answering all my questions.

I know I could probably go to the shroomery or other similar sites, but I trust the OG and feel most comfortable asking here.

I’m planning on doing Ben tech. I was thinking of using pure cocoa coir in 6 quart monotubs. One tub per bag of Ben’s rice. I will probably inoculate as many bags as I can with a single syringe bought from ITW.

I’ve seen a couple people have success this way, but it seems there are a near infinite ways to do things…

In case the mushrooms get tall, maybe I should use a larger size tub?

Maybe I should use some vermiculite?

6 Likes

100% agree. I got a too many cooks in the kitchen vibe from shroomery because theirs so many ways of doing things. I trust the voices in here to steer me right.
You could go one pack per rice bag or combine them if your using the same strain into a larger tub which sounds like a preference thing. imo I’d combine several into a larger tub, somewhere around 25-35qt sizes
good luck buddy!

6 Likes

Vermiculite will help hold moisture for bigger fruits. You don’t need a bigger tub just another. What a lot of people do is dub tub here is a pic.

This will leave headroom and increase your fresh air exchange.

7 Likes

Dub tub for the win if you need more headroom. Rather go more sterilite boxes like the shoe @420noob has there than bigger/wider as those give me trouble while if one shoe box goes bunk into the garden and I still have the others :beers:best of luck and hope to hear how it goes

6 Likes

I agree I run only shoeboxes or 6quart tubs because I screw a lot of shit up! Lol I lose one shoebox still have a few more running.

7 Likes

Good afternoon OGs! I have read and researched substrates but the one thing I feel I am missing is probably the critical piece in growing mushrooms.

I have made bulk CVG, but from what I have gathered, it has no nutes and should be supplemented with worm castings and or poo or something of the sort.

When and how do you add those elements during the process? Do you add while making CVG, or do you add after? Just not quite clear. Please any assistance would be of great help.

3 Likes

everything must be mixed and sterilized before inoculation. :rainbow:

3 Likes

This is fine for cubensis you don’t need anything that is your substrate is inert because it’s hold the moisture. When you innoculate your grains, which are nutes, when they are colonized you mixed with substrate. You only need manure and worm castings if you are growing other species of mushroom cubensis don’t need any of that.

If growing edible(gourmet) or non cubensis then yes you might need some off that also coffee grounds are sometimes used. Past cubes someone else would have to help you there lol.

7 Likes