Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 2)

Finally. I kept running around that tree of information and have been feeling like I was lacking. Especially when there are so many paths to the same end.

Thank you for that @420noob.

6 Likes

What kind of beans would you like?

2 Likes

I’d like to try my luck at autos but would honestly be happy with whatever.

1 Like

I don’t have any autos, but I have other stuff.

3 Likes

Highly recommend mushroommanmycology.com
The fully colonized hen of the woods block is taking off…the spore samples look to have a great future! These were part of the giveaway I won last year but finally got an order out.
MM is a great vendor, very communicable, and you get what you want…plus more! Highly recommended!

14 Likes

I guess the picture of LC syringes didn’t make it, but all were there and then some! Will update once those get moving forward! Thank you mushroommanmycology.com

5 Likes

More Gandalf and a confused boi doing a headstand lol

19 Likes

Gills of the headstand Gandalf

18 Likes

Those gandolfs are quite nice shroomies!

5 Likes

Absolutely, if you ever want a culture just DM me! I made plenty of transfers lol. I’ll be making some crosses soon

14 Likes

Z. 3rd flush

Anybody else microdessing with stamett’s stack?
If you are/have Any positive or negative experiences to report?

8 Likes

Micro dosing is a wonderful way to help with lots of issues. I use it to deal with people in public when I go out.

6 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I snarfed my bowl when I read that

1 Like

I cloned a Gandalf fruit that had a cool wavy cap and it turned so blue it looks black lol

15 Likes

Nicely done!

3 Likes

My depression is decreasing just looking at those pictures! A job well done!

I had a lot of success up until the bulk substrate phase. Then all my stuff kept getting green mold. It got frustrated and gave up.

3 Likes

Heres a couple more. I cloned and swabbed the two biggest on the top row. Looking to isolate the “pumpkin”, “wavy cap” and “crinkle cap” traits

14 Likes

Now I’ve had 3 grow in the 1 cell
Pretty cool

5 Likes

Oooo got a few LBMs popping up there! Are those from a spent substrate, or did they grow on their own unexpectedly?

2 Likes

You do realize that swabbing the gills of a mushroom isn’t cloning it. It’s closer to collecting seeds. To clone a mushroom you need to remove a small part(usually close to base of fruit) with a sterile tool in a sterile environment and put on to an agar plate. I’m not trying to be insulting just making sure you understand which process you are doing.

That being said those caps look kinda mangled. Did you pop the cap and swab the stem or where the stem and cap connect? Nice bluing on those shroomies.

A spent substrate is a likely culprit. Lots of people put bury their spent or contam substrates in soil in pots or in soil underneath the drip line I believe. I know @bobgrows has had success with this, where I live it’s not possible to hot and dry.

3 Likes